|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nosizwe lecture Jezile?
(a) Because of Siyalo's job.
(b) Because of Jezile's decision to have a child.
(c) Because of Zenzile's multiple pregnancies.
(d) Because of Jezile's decision to get a pass.
2. Does Jezile realize the circumstances she left S'naye in when she was sent to prison?
(a) It is never clear.
(d) Jezile never goes to prison.
3. What trouble does Siyalo get into while in the city?
(a) He is caught stealing.
(b) He is caught lying.
(c) He starts a riot.
(d) He is in a protest.
4. What happens when Siyalo comes home?
(a) He runs away with Zenzile.
(b) He meets his first child.
(c) He steals milk.
(d) He ignores Jezile.
5. What is Nosizwe's profession?
6. Where does Jezile give birth?
(a) Zenzile's house.
(b) The chief's home.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The woods.
7. How old is Zenzile when she goes into labor?
(a) Her teens.
(b) Her early 20s.
(c) Her early 30s.
(d) Her early 40s.
8. When did Jezile last have relations with Siyalo?
(a) The night before her arrest.
(b) The day before Zenzile gave birth.
(c) The day after Siyalo lost his job.
(d) The night before her first child's birth.
9. Why is Siyalo unable to provide for his family?
(a) Because he is unemployed.
(b) Because he is cheap.
(c) Because he does not care.
(d) Because he is too busy.
10. What happens to S'naye's health while Jezile is away?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) Jezile is never away from S'naye.
(c) It degrades.
(d) It improves.
11. Where does Nosizwe speak?
(a) At the women's prayer group.
(b) At the chief's hut.
(c) At the local doctor's office.
(d) At the center in Durban.
12. Why does Jezile become angry with Zenzile's family?
(a) Because they took away Zenzile's children.
(b) Because they do not listen to her.
(c) Because they did not help Zenzile in time.
(d) Because they took all of Zenzile's money.
13. Jezile sentenced to prison for ____?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
14. Why does Jezile have to choose between family and politics?
(a) Because she has to get a pass to see Siyalo.
(b) Because she has to work or meet with her women's group.
(c) Because she can either have a child or protest.
(d) Because she only has time for one activity.
15. What happens to the rest of the women in prison?
(a) Some are taken away to be raped.
(b) All choices are correct.
(c) Some are verbally abused.
(d) Some are made to undress infront of guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Jezile when she returns home in Chapter 7?
2. When can Siyalo come back into the city?
3. Why does Jezile decide to see her husband?
4. How early does Zenzile go into labor?
5. Who do the BAD officials make carry passes?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)