|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jezile become angry with Zenzile's family?
(a) Because they do not listen to her.
(b) Because they took all of Zenzile's money.
(c) Because they did not help Zenzile in time.
(d) Because they took away Zenzile's children.
2. What happens to the rest of the women in prison?
(a) All choices are correct.
(b) Some are taken away to be raped.
(c) Some are made to undress infront of guards.
(d) Some are verbally abused.
3. Why does Nosizwe lecture Jezile?
(a) Because of Siyalo's job.
(b) Because of Jezile's decision to get a pass.
(c) Because of Jezile's decision to have a child.
(d) Because of Zenzile's multiple pregnancies.
4. Why does the clerk initially refuse to let Jezile visit her husband?
(a) Because she has no children.
(b) Because she is a political activist.
(c) Because she does not have a pass.
(d) Because she is not married.
5. Where does Zenzile want to go when her labor begins?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The chief's hut.
(c) The woods.
(d) The city.
6. How early does Zenzile go into labor?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five days.
7. What kind of personality does Jezile have?
8. How long has Jezile been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
9. When can Siyalo come back into the city?
(a) In five years.
(b) In a week.
(c) In 10 years.
10. Why is Siyalo forced out the city?
(a) Because he has no where to live.
(b) Because he is not married.
(c) Because he is unable to find a new job.
(d) Because he talks back to officials.
11. What happens to Zenzile?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She goes to nursing school.
(c) She dies.
(d) She delivers her own baby.
12. What is Nosizwe's profession?
13. Who is Zenzile?
(a) Jezile's cousin.
(b) Jezile's sister.
(c) Jezile's enemy.
(d) Jezile's friend.
14. Which city is nearest to Jezile's village?
(b) Cape Cod.
15. Why does MaBiyela disapprove of Jezile?
(a) Because Jezile is an unkind woman.
(b) Because Jezile cheats on her husband.
(c) Because Jezile makes too much money.
(d) Because Jezile has not yet gotten pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches S'naye while Jezile is in prison?
2. What time of day does Zenzile go into labor?
3. Jezile sentenced to prison for ____?
4. Why does S'naye have no food while Jezile is in prison?
5. How does Jezile change while in prison?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)