|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces the chief in power?
(b) Counselor Duma.
(c) An unknown man.
2. What is wrong with Zenzile?
(a) She has been hurt by her past pregnancies.
(b) She has been beaten by her husband.
(c) She has miscarried all of her children.
(d) She does not have enough money to feed her children.
3. What does BAD stand for?
(a) Basic Affairs Department.
(b) Banding Albrite Dorington.
(c) Bantu Affairs Department.
(d) Boring Afflicting Danger.
4. Who is Mthebe?
(a) Jezile's brother.
(b) MaBiyela's cousin.
(c) Zenzile's husband.
(d) Siyalo's uncle.
5. Jezile chops firewood for ____.
6. What happens to the rest of the women in prison?
(a) Some are verbally abused.
(b) Some are taken away to be raped.
(c) Some are made to undress infront of guards.
(d) All choices are correct.
7. Where is Zenzile's husband when Zenzile goes into labor?
(a) With Zenzile.
(b) At the market.
(c) In the country.
(d) In the city.
8. What is the name of Jezile's husband?
(b) Mr. Pienaar.
9. What happens to the pass Jezile got for her trip to visit Siyalo?
(a) It is cooked.
(b) It is burned.
(c) It is sold.
(d) It is torn apart.
10. Who is Zenzile?
(a) Jezile's friend.
(b) Jezile's sister.
(c) Jezile's enemy.
(d) Jezile's cousin.
11. What kind of personality does Mabiyela have?
12. Who owns the cow that eventually feeds S'naye?
13. Who separates Nosizwe from the other women?
(a) The government.
(c) The guards.
(d) The police.
14. What do the women decide to do when they learn of the passes they are to receive?
(a) They vow to agree to the terms.
(b) They vow to treasure them.
(c) They vow to run away.
(d) They vow to not accept them.
15. Who is Jezile?
(a) A side character in the story.
(b) The protagonist of the story.
(c) No character is named Jezile.
(d) The antagonist of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Zenzile when she goes into labor?
2. When did Jezile last have relations with Siyalo?
3. How many cows is each family allowed to have?
4. Who cares for Zenzile after she goes into labor?
5. How does Jezile feel when she returns home?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)