|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jezile feel after her first child is born?
2. Why is Siyalo forced out the city?
(a) Because he is unable to find a new job.
(b) Because he is not married.
(c) Because he has no where to live.
(d) Because he talks back to officials.
3. What do the women decide to do when they learn of the passes they are to receive?
(a) They vow to run away.
(b) They vow to treasure them.
(c) They vow to not accept them.
(d) They vow to agree to the terms.
4. What happens to Siyalo's job?
(a) Siyalo is not employed.
(b) He is laid off.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is promoted.
5. What happens after Nosizwe is separated from the other women?
(a) She is isolated.
(b) She is freed.
(c) She is murdered.
(d) She is beaten.
6. How often does Jezile see her husband?
(a) Six months of a year.
(b) Nine months of a year.
(c) Three times a year.
(d) Once a year.
7. What happens to S'naye's health while Jezile is away?
(a) It degrades.
(b) It improves.
(c) It stays the same.
(d) Jezile is never away from S'naye.
8. What happens when Jezile returns home?
(a) She is met with boredom.
(b) She never returns home.
(c) She is met with fanfare.
(d) She is met with distain.
9. Who do the BAD officials make carry passes?
(b) No one.
10. Which continent does Jezile live on?
(a) South America.
11. How far along in her pregnancy is Jezile at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) At the beginning.
(b) At the middle.
(c) At the end.
(d) Jezile is not pregnant.
12. How long has Jezile been married?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
13. What is Jezile afraid of when she goes into labor.
(a) Losing her money.
(b) Losing her privacy.
(c) Losing her life.
(d) Losing her shape.
14. Who owns the cow that eventually feeds S'naye?
15. Where is Jezile taken after the protest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zenzile plan to have her baby?
2. Who is Zenzile?
3. What does Jezile give Zenzile in Chapter 4?
4. What is wrong with Zenzile?
5. Why does Jezile feel great shame?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)