|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapters 4 and 5?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few years.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A few months.
2. How does Nosizwe react to hearing about Jezile's pass?
3. What do the women decide to do when they learn of the passes they are to receive?
(a) They vow to not accept them.
(b) They vow to run away.
(c) They vow to treasure them.
(d) They vow to agree to the terms.
4. Who is Mthebe?
(a) Siyalo's uncle.
(b) Zenzile's husband.
(c) Jezile's brother.
(d) MaBiyela's cousin.
5. Does Jezile share her experiences about the city riots with the women?
(a) There were no riots.
(b) A little.
6. What happens to Zenzile?
(a) She goes to nursing school.
(b) She delivers her own baby.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She dies.
7. How does Siyalo feel about Jezile's prison sentence?
(b) Free and happy.
(c) Confused and bored.
8. Which continent does Jezile live on?
(d) South America.
9. Where is Jezile taken after the protest?
10. Who watches S'naye while Jezile is in prison?
(b) Counselor Duma.
11. What happens when Siyalo comes home?
(a) He steals milk.
(b) He meets his first child.
(c) He runs away with Zenzile.
(d) He ignores Jezile.
12. Why does Jezile decide to see her husband?
(a) So she can gain respect.
(b) So she can surprise him.
(c) So she can get money.
(d) So she can get pregnant.
13. Why is S'naye unable to sleep?
(a) Because Siyalo is too loud.
(b) Because Jezile is away.
(c) Because she is hungry.
(d) Because she is never tired.
14. What happens after Nosizwe is separated from the other women?
(a) She is isolated.
(b) She is freed.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is murdered.
15. What is the name of the city in which Siyalo works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do BAD officials believe is responsible for their ruined land?
2. Why does S'naye have no food while Jezile is in prison?
3. How many cows is each family allowed to have?
4. Why does Jezile want a child?
5. What do the women do to the passes they already have?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)