|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cares for Zenzile after she goes into labor?
(a) Her mother-in-law.
(b) Her sister-in-law.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
2. How early does Zenzile go into labor?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
3. Why does S'naye have no food while Jezile is in prison?
(a) Because Siyalo is cheap.
(b) Because she is a stubborn child.
(c) Because MaBiyela will not cook.
(d) Because she is used to being breast fed.
4. What do the women do to the passes they already have?
(a) They soak them in acid.
(b) They tuck them away.
(c) They tear them apart.
(d) They burn them.
5. What happens when Siyalo comes home?
(a) He ignores Jezile.
(b) He steals milk.
(c) He meets his first child.
(d) He runs away with Zenzile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jezile give Zenzile in Chapter 4?
2. Who watches S'naye while Jezile is in prison?
3. Where is Zenzile's husband when Zenzile goes into labor?
4. How often does Jezile see her husband?
5. What trouble does Siyalo get into while in the city?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)