|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jezile want a child?
(a) Because she is lonely and wants a companion.
(b) Because the village expects her to have a child.
(c) Because having a child will cement her marriage.
(d) Because her husband wants a child.
2. Who is Zenzile?
(a) Jezile's enemy.
(b) Jezile's cousin.
(c) Jezile's friend.
(d) Jezile's sister.
3. How many cows is each family allowed to have?
4. How does Nosizwe react to hearing about Jezile's pass?
5. What is wrong with Zenzile?
(a) She does not have enough money to feed her children.
(b) She has miscarried all of her children.
(c) She has been beaten by her husband.
(d) She has been hurt by her past pregnancies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jezile feel when she returns home?
2. Who is Mthebe?
3. Why does Jezile have to choose between family and politics?
4. What is Jezile afraid of when she goes into labor.
5. Why does MaBiyela become angry with the hospital?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)