|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city is nearest to Jezile's village?
(d) Cape Cod.
2. What is wrong with Zenzile?
(a) She has been hurt by her past pregnancies.
(b) She does not have enough money to feed her children.
(c) She has been beaten by her husband.
(d) She has miscarried all of her children.
3. What does Jezile give Zenzile in Chapter 4?
(a) Money and sweet fruit.
(b) Money and food.
(c) Food and livestock.
(d) Food and firewood.
4. Why does Jezile want a child?
(a) Because her husband wants a child.
(b) Because she is lonely and wants a companion.
(c) Because the village expects her to have a child.
(d) Because having a child will cement her marriage.
5. Who do the BAD officials make carry passes?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jezile visit before she leaves the city?
2. Why is Siyalo forced out the city?
3. Why does Nosizwe lecture Jezile?
4. How does Jezile feel after her first child is born?
5. Where does Mthebe work?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)