• A small group of women protest in the streets.
• Mr. Pienaar runs his truck toward the women.
• Jezile, the protagonist, is praised by many of the women for her leadership.
• MaBiyela, Jezile's mother-in-law, disapproves of Jezile.
• Jezile has failed to become pregnant for the past three years.
• Jezile sees how multiple pregnancies have had negative results on her friend Zenzile.
• Jezile still desires a baby because she thinks it will improve her relationship with her in-laws.
• Jezile decides to take charge by visiting her husband in the city and becoming pregnant.
• Jezile forges a letter to her husband Siyalo, telling him that she is coming to visit.
• Jezile forges a letter from Siyalo and goes to the doctor.
• Jezile decides to get a pass to visit Siyalo even though it brings her shame.
• Jezile works to get MaBiyela as much firewood as she can before she...
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)