|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The truck driver in "When We Arrive" says that as soon as he drops these people off, he's going to see how things go hauling what?
2. Whose nose is said to always start bleeding in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
3. Where is the man from that Ramon's girlfriend is supposedly cheating on him with in "Out"?
4. Who loaned one of the characters money that gave him enough to buy food for two months in "When We Arrive"?
(a) Mr. Ross.
(b) Mr. Thompson.
(c) Mr. James.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
5. At what time does the narrator say the truck broke down in the opening of "When We Arrive"?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what narrative point of view is "First Communion" related?
2. How much copper does the narrator say they collected the day before in "Under the House"?
3. What color does the portrait salesman suggest making the uniform in "The Portrait"?
4. Where does Ramon say he goes when the others make fun of him in "Out"?
5. Where does the protagonist witness a couple copulating in "First Communion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said of Dona Cuquita in "Under the House"?
2. What has caused the accident in "A Little Before Six..."? How many are killed as a result of the accident?
3. What is remarked about the protagonist as he walks away in "Under the House"?
4. Why does Dona Maria decide to get her children toys for Christmas in "The Night Before Christmas"?
5. Who buys a portrait in "The Portrait"? Who is the portrait of?
6. Who do the characters surmise probably turned Figueroa in, in "They Let Figueroa Out..."?
7. What preparations are described in "It Was a Beautiful Wedding Day..."?
8. Where do the portrait sellers come from in "The Portrait"? Why?
9. What does the narrator observe at the cleaners in "First Communion"?
10. How is the information relayed to the reader largely in "The Night the Lights Went Out"? Why do you think the author chooses this narrative style?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)