|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much copper does the narrator say they collected the day before in "Under the House"?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
2. Where does Ramon say he goes when the others make fun of him in "Out"?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the beach.
3. At what time is Confession set to take place in "First Communion"?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 6:00 a.m.
4. What is the day of the Reyes Magos, according to the narrator in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) January 6.
(b) January 1.
(c) June 3.
(d) February 15.
5. What is the movie about that the Garcia family has just seen at the theater in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a day does Dona Maria's husband work in "The Night Before Christmas"?
2. When does the narrator say the priest always held First Communion in "First Communion"?
3. In what type of building does the Garcia family live in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
4. Where does Dona Maria plan to go to buy toys for her children in "The Night Before Christmas"?
5. How far is downtown from Dona Maria's home in "The Night Before Christmas"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the portrait sellers come from in "The Portrait"? Why?
2. How is the narrative of "Under the House" related? Why do you think the author chooses this narrative style?
3. What has caused the accident in "A Little Before Six..."? How many are killed as a result of the accident?
4. Who do the characters surmise probably turned Figueroa in, in "They Let Figueroa Out..."?
5. Why has the narrator been unable to sleep the night before in "First Communion"?
6. What does the narrator observe at the cleaners in "First Communion"?
7. Where are the photographs discovered by the children in "The Portrait"? What does this discovery mean?
8. Why does Dona Maria decide to get her children toys for Christmas in "The Night Before Christmas"?
9. How is the information relayed to the reader largely in "The Night the Lights Went Out"? Why do you think the author chooses this narrative style?
10. What is remarked about the protagonist as he walks away in "Under the House"?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)