|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist ask his mother to iron for him in "First Communion"?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His tie.
(d) His pants.
2. At what time do the field workers see smoke rising from the farm in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
3. Where is the man from that Ramon's girlfriend is supposedly cheating on him with in "Out"?
4. Who is the man that Ramon's girlfriend starts seeing while he is away in "Out"?
5. What are the ages of the Garcias' children in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
(a) 8, 9, and 10 years old.
(b) 12 and 14 years old.
(c) 5, 6, and 7 years old.
(d) 2 and 3 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartolo come to sell in the town in "Bartolo Passed Through..."?
2. Where do the globes of light like fireballs originate in "Under the House"?
3. Where do the portrait salesmen come from in "The Portrait"?
4. How long does it take the portrait maker to produce Don Mateo's portrait once he is cornered at the market?
5. How far is downtown from Dona Maria's home in "The Night Before Christmas"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the protagonist under the house in "Under the House"?
2. Why is Dona Maria arrested in "The Night Before Christmas"? How does she get out of jail?
3. How does Ramon feel about his girlfriend in "The Night the Lights Went Out"?
4. How is the narrative related in "When We Arrive"? Why do you think the author has chosen this narrative style?
5. What does the narrator do after fleeing from his home in "First Communion"?
6. Why has the narrator been unable to sleep the night before in "First Communion"?
7. What has caused the accident in "A Little Before Six..."? How many are killed as a result of the accident?
8. How does the fire start in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
9. Why does Dona Maria become panicked when she goes shopping for toys in "The Night Before Christmas"?
10. Who do the characters surmise probably turned Figueroa in, in "They Let Figueroa Out..."?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)