|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the portrait maker to produce Don Mateo's portrait once he is cornered at the market?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Where up north does Dona Maria's family go yearly in "The Night Before Christmas"?
3. Who visits on Christmas Eve with a sack of oranges and nuts in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) Santa Claus.
(b) Don Andrea.
(c) Don Julio.
(d) Don Chon.
4. What is the day of the Reyes Magos, according to the narrator in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) June 3.
(b) February 15.
(c) January 1.
(d) January 6.
5. What does the protagonist ask his mother to iron for him in "First Communion"?
(a) His tie.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many people are traveling in the trailer when the truck breaks down in "When We Arrive"?
2. Who invites in the portrait salesmen when the narrator is at his friend's house in "The Portrait"?
3. What color shoes does the man from San Antonio wear in "Out"?
4. Where does the protagonist run when he leaves his home after the communion in "First Communion"?
5. What are the ages of the Garcias' children in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said of Dona Cuquita in "Under the House"?
2. What does the narrator do after fleeing from his home in "First Communion"?
3. How does Ramon feel about his girlfriend in "The Night the Lights Went Out"?
4. Who buys a portrait in "The Portrait"? Who is the portrait of?
5. Why is Dona Maria arrested in "The Night Before Christmas"? How does she get out of jail?
6. Why is the protagonist under the house in "Under the House"?
7. How is the narrative of "Under the House" related? Why do you think the author chooses this narrative style?
8. What does the narrator observe at the cleaners in "First Communion"?
9. What has caused the accident in "A Little Before Six..."? How many are killed as a result of the accident?
10. Where do the children stay when the Garcias go to work in "The Little Burnt Victims"? Why?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)