|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "It's That It Hurts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe the cemetery as looking like in "It's That It Hurts"?
(a) A desert.
(b) A dust field.
(c) A golf course.
(d) A beet field.
2. How many different sounds does the narrator say he heard the last time he lay in the grass at the cemetery in "It's That It Hurts"?
3. What actually happens to the water every night in "What His Mother Never Knew..."?
(a) The boy drinks it.
(b) It evaporates.
(c) The cat drinks it.
(d) The spirits drink it.
4. What does the narrator describe the teacher using to check for lice in "It's That It Hurts"?
(a) A popsicle stick.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A ruler.
5. For how long does the woman say she has not heard from her son in "She Had Fallen Asleep..."?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one migrant worker say the boss looks like now in "The Children Couldn't Wait"?
2. The narrator's father says that who has to be on their toes in "Why Do Y'all Go to School So Much?"
3. Where does the narrator say he was placed in the classroom in "It's That It Hurts"?
4. At what shrines does the mother claim she has made promises in "A Prayer"?
5. How many Sundays does the person praying say they have previously come to pray in "A Prayer"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)