|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "It's That It Hurts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the boss not immediately stop the workers from taking water from the tank when he catches on to their method in "The Children Couldn't Wait"?
(a) So he can kill the workers when the right time comes.
(b) So he can arrest the workers for theft.
(c) So he can get away with not paying them after the work is done.
(d) Because he wants the workers to take the water.
2. What does the narrator describe the cemetery as looking like in "It's That It Hurts"?
(a) A beet field.
(b) A desert.
(c) A dust field.
(d) A golf course.
3. How does the boss attempt suicide in "The Children Couldn't Wait"?
(a) By jumping from a tree.
(b) By slitting his wrists.
(c) By overdosing on pills.
(d) By hanging.
4. The does the narrator say the central figure in "The Lost Year" does when his mind goes blank?
(a) He sings a tune.
(b) He calls his father.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He writes poetry.
5. Where does the narrator say he was placed in the classroom in "It's That It Hurts"?
(a) In the teacher's desk.
(b) In the front row.
(c) In the middle.
(d) In the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different sounds does the narrator say he heard the last time he lay in the grass at the cemetery in "It's That It Hurts"?
2. What did the boss do when the narrator's father told him what the narrator will be when he grows up in "It's That It Hurts"?
3. What always happens when the central figure of "The Lost Year" turns see who is calling his name?
4. What does the woman imply the dump man likes to keep in "It's That It Hurts"?
5. The boy who has bullied the narrator in "It's That It Hurts" told him that he did not like Mexicans for what reason?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)