|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "It's That It Hurts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Sundays does the person praying say they have previously come to pray in "A Prayer"?
2. When describing the first fight he ever had at school in "It's That It Hurts," the narrator says that they started pushing him toward whom?
3. The narrator's father says that who has to be on their toes in "Why Do Y'all Go to School So Much?"
(a) The ones higher up.
(b) The children.
(c) The poor.
(d) The women.
4. Where does the narrator describe Dad coming home from in "It's That It Hurts"?
(a) The church.
(b) The fields.
(c) The bank.
(d) The shopping center.
5. The narrator in "The Children Couldn't Wait" describes the time of year as being the beginning of what month?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the water tank that the migrant workers sneak water from in "The Children Couldn't Wait"?
2. Why does the boss not like the idea of the migrant workers taking time to drink from the water tank in "The Children Couldn't Wait"?
3. The narrator in "It's That It Hurts" says that in the first fight he had at school he got scared for what reason?
4. Where does the narrator describe his family as staying in "It's That It Hurts"?
5. What does Dad describe the women picking lice as looking like in "It's That It Hurts"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)