|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "It's That It Hurts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is "The Lost Year" related?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First Person.
(d) Fourth person.
2. What does the protagonist's mother in "What His Mother Never Knew..." believe happens to the water?
(a) The spirits drink it.
(b) Her son drinks it.
(c) The cat drinks it.
(d) It evaporates.
3. Where does the narrator say he was placed in the classroom in "It's That It Hurts"?
(a) In the middle.
(b) In the teacher's desk.
(c) In the corner.
(d) In the front row.
4. Where does the narrator describe being taken first at a new school in "It's That It Hurts"?
(a) The principal's office.
(b) The school counselor.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) The janitor's closet.
5. Why does the responder say no when asked if he plans to go to Utah in "Comadre, Do You All Plan to Go to Utah?"
(a) Because they do not trust the man that is contracting people.
(b) Because they do not have the money to travel that far.
(c) Because the workers in Utah all bring sickness when they return home.
(d) Because there are no jobs in Utah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does the boss take out to scare the migrant workers from taking water in the tank in "The Children Couldn't Wait"?
2. How many different sounds does the narrator say he heard the last time he lay in the grass at the cemetery in "It's That It Hurts"?
3. The narrator in "The Children Couldn't Wait" describes the time of year as being the beginning of what month?
4. From what narrative point of view is "What His Mother Never Knew..." related?
5. What is the water tank that the migrants take water from intended for in "The Children Couldn't Wait"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)