|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
2. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
3. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
4. Why couldn't the plains have an ordinary place name?
5. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Piegan people unable to believe in the child?
2. For what does Grey thank Lola Bourne?
3. What did every people who inhabited the great plains find there?
4. Grey closes one calendar and opens another in Chapter Eleven of Book Two. What do these different calendars represent?
5. What characteristic does Grey say is shared by her mother and her sister and her niece?
6. How does Worcester Meat feel when he dies?
7. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
8. What understanding about Set does Lola Bourne come to while he is hospitalized?
9. Who is the boy that Set sees and hears in the garden of his old house?
10. What does Set feel as he opens the medicine bundle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the girl Grey view the power of her sexuality? How does the woman Grey change? In your essay, analyze Grey's changing attitude toward sex.
Essay Topic 2
Both Set and Grey come from more than one ancestral background. Discuss the similarities and differences between the families of each. Use direct quotations and examples from the story to support each point.
Essay Topic 3
The horse Dog has significance in this story. Why is he important? What do we learn about Grey from Dog's response to her and from her dealings with him?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)