|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
2. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
3. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
4. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
5. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did every people who inhabited the great plains find there?
2. Why does Grey feel at once humbled and important when she thinks of Set?
3. As Grey changes from a girl to a woman, how does Set's attitude toward her change?
4. How does Grey know that Set will act in the proper way?
5. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
6. Why does Set enter his old house with dread?
7. Why did the native people move south into the great plains?
8. What does Set mean when he tells Lela that the bear stands against him, and that he is the bear?
9. What characteristic does Grey say is shared by her mother and her sister and her niece?
10. What is the Kaitsenko Society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the girl Grey view the power of her sexuality? How does the woman Grey change? In your essay, analyze Grey's changing attitude toward sex.
Essay Topic 2
Consider this story from another character's point of view. Briefly write a narrative including the main facts in this story from the point of view of Jason, Dr. Merriman, or Lola Bourne.
Essay Topic 3
Centaurs are mentioned in this story by Alais Sancerre and by Lola Bourne. Reread the passages about Set's art work using centaurs. What do you think they represent in this story? Support your idea with quotations and examples from the story.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)