|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
2. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson dream of in his old age?
3. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
4. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
5. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider this story from another character's point of view. Briefly write a narrative including the main facts in this story from the point of view of Jason, Dr. Merriman, or Lola Bourne.
Essay Topic 2
Centaurs are mentioned in this story by Alais Sancerre and by Lola Bourne. Reread the passages about Set's art work using centaurs. What do you think they represent in this story? Support your idea with quotations and examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In her childhood, Grey sees a Kiowa doll that she feels represents an important part of herself. Later, she sees a Navajo doll that seems to represent another aspect of herself. What does the Kiowa doll represent to Grey? What does the Navajo doll represent? Compare and contrast the different aspects of Kiowa and Navajo culture in Grey's life.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)