|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
2. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
3. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
4. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
5. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
Essay Topic 1
Every author has a philosophical basis as well as a cultural one for the stories that he chooses to tell. Based on this story, examine what you think are Momaday's deeply-held beliefs about what is important in life. Justify your opinion with quotations and examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Centaurs are mentioned in this story by Alais Sancerre and by Lola Bourne. Reread the passages about Set's art work using centaurs. What do you think they represent in this story? Support your idea with quotations and examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the differences in communication styles between Native Americans as viewed in this story and members of the mainstream culture. Find examples in the story to demonstrate cultural differences in communication.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)