Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
2. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
3. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
4. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
5. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Momaday's use of time. For example, many Native American customs cause the reader to think of the past, but that thought will be jarred by the mention of a modern actor, car, or TV program. What point do you think the author is trying to make by using time in such fluid ways?
Essay Topic 2
How does the girl Grey view the power of her sexuality? How does the woman Grey change? In your essay, analyze Grey's changing attitude toward sex.
Essay Topic 3
Billy the Kid has such fascination for the young Grey that she swoons and can't eat when she reads about him. What is it that intrigues Grey about Billy the Kid? What do you learn about her from the fantasies she enacts with him? Do these fantasies change as the story progresses? Write an essay analyzing the significance of Billy the Kid to Grey and to the story as a whole.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)