|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) A coward.
(b) The rodeo announcer.
(c) His father.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
2. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
3. Who is Cate?
(a) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's father.
(b) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's grandfather
(c) Another name for Kope'mah.
(d) Another name for Set.
4. What is "Indian time?"
(a) Daylight Savings Time.
(b) Things happen as they happen.
(c) There is no such thing as time.
(d) Everyone is late.
5. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(b) A female wolf.
(c) An ancient name for a bear.
(d) A Native American name for a wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
2. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
3. How does Murphy lose his horse?
4. What two cultures combine in Grey?
5. What do the Piegan feel when it is suggested to them that the strange boy was really a bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
2. How does Set define art as he struggles with his reflection in the mirror?
3. Why does Set enter his old house with dread?
4. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
5. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
6. How does Grey feel about her appearance?
7. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
8. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
9. What does Grey want her grandmother to tell her about Set?
10. What is unusual about the death of Worcester Meat?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)