|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
(a) That the painting will be worth a great deal of money.
(b) That the man in the painting will have been transformed.
(c) That the man in the paintingwill be appreciated by critics.
(d) That the man in the painting will be better lighted.
2. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(a) One hundred.
3. Who does Grey live with?
(b) She lives alone.
(c) Jessie Mottledmare.
(d) Worcester Meat.
4. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were running, not walking.
(b) They were too young to forage.
(c) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(d) No one had called them to hunt for food.
5. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) Their group was divided.
(b) They became quarrelsome.
(c) The seasons changed.
(d) They moved to the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
2. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
3. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
4. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
5. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What passion did Grey acquire from Perfecto Atole?
2. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
3. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
4. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
5. How can you tell that Dog belongs to Grey?
6. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
7. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
8. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
9. Set is taught in school that art is resistance. But he doesn't believe it. How does Set define art?
10. What does Set think is the most wonderful of God's creations?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)