|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) They were running, not walking.
(c) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(d) They were too young to forage.
2. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(b) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(c) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(d) The bear scratched it with his claws.
3. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
4. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Bob Olinger.
(c) J.W. Bell.
5. Who is Luke?
(a) A Kiowa boy.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Set when his father died?
2. Who is Deluvina Maxwell?
3. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
4. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
5. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Koi-ehm-toya see as her responsibility to the children who wander into the woods?
2. Why is it that Grey never has to quest after visions?
3. What do masks represent to Grey as she makes them?
4. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
5. How does Set define art as he struggles with his reflection in the mirror?
6. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
7. Why did Kope'mah experience loneliness as a medicine woman?
8. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
9. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
10. What is the darkest power that Set has encountered? What would he have called this power if he had encountered it in another time and place?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)