|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
(a) He was careless and dispassionate.
(b) He was violent.
(c) He was passionate and wild.
(d) He was arrogant and rude.
2. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the outhouse.
(c) In the courthouse.
(d) On horseback.
3. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
4. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was seventeen.
(b) He was seven.
(c) He was twenty-seven.
(d) He was a newborn.
5. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(b) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(c) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(d) She had a vision of the bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
2. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
3. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
4. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
5. Who does Grey live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who first let Grey know that the bear was coming into her life?
2. Why is it that Grey never has to quest after visions?
3. How does Grey feel about her appearance?
4. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
5. Why does Billy the Kid visit Grey while she tends the dying Kope'mah?
6. What do masks represent to Grey as she makes them?
7. The bear comes forth in planes, Dog is seen by Grey as standing in a plane, and Set's mind is perceived in planes. What are planes in this context?
8. What does Koi-ehm-toya see as her responsibility to the children who wander into the woods?
9. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
10. Why did Kope'mah experience loneliness as a medicine woman?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)