|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Bertha Yazzie.
(d) Jessie Mottledmare.
2. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They became quarrelsome.
(b) They moved to the mountains.
(c) Their group was divided.
(d) The seasons changed.
3. Who is Luke?
(a) A child.
(b) A Kiowa boy.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
4. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is like a boy.
(b) She is hostile.
(c) She is not interested in him.
(d) She is beautiful.
5. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
(b) The strangers.
(c) The parents.
(d) The medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
2. How old was Set when his mother died?
3. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
4. How old is Grey?
5. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy the Kid visit Grey while she tends the dying Kope'mah?
2. The bear comes forth in planes, Dog is seen by Grey as standing in a plane, and Set's mind is perceived in planes. What are planes in this context?
3. What is the purpose that Grey must serve in this chapter, although she is weary and hurt? What would she rather do?
4. Why does Murphy Dicks feel ashamed when he talks to Grey?
5. What does Set think is the most wonderful of God's creations?
6. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
7. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
8. Who first let Grey know that the bear was coming into her life?
9. What does Koi-ehm-toya see as her responsibility to the children who wander into the woods?
10. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)