|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cate?
(a) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's father.
(b) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's grandfather
(c) Another name for Kope'mah.
(d) Another name for Set.
2. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is intelligent.
(b) She is childlike.
(c) She is graceful.
(d) She is infinitely interesting.
3. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(c) Jessie Mottledmare.
(d) Bertha Yazzie.
4. What does the wise man advise the people to do with the boy's story?
(a) Change him into a wolf.
(b) Change him into a werewolf.
(c) Change him into a dog.
(d) Change him into a bear.
5. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
(a) Ursa Major.
(b) Set's memory of his mother.
(c) Set's first art piece.
(d) The galaxy earth is a part of.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
2. What color is the medicine bundle?
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
4. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
5. What is a bee-wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you tell that Dog belongs to Grey?
2. The bear comes forth in planes, Dog is seen by Grey as standing in a plane, and Set's mind is perceived in planes. What are planes in this context?
3. What is the Kaitsenko Society?
4. As Grey changes from a girl to a woman, how does Set's attitude toward her change?
5. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
6. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
7. How does Grey feel about herself during her pregnancy?
8. How does Set respond to the hospital staff's diagnosis and explanations of his condition?
9. Why did Kope'mah experience loneliness as a medicine woman?
10. What is the purpose that Grey must serve in this chapter, although she is weary and hurt? What would she rather do?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)