|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(d) Lakota Sioux.
2. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Kope'mah's physician.
(c) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
(d) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
3. Who does Grey live with?
(b) Jessie Mottledmare.
(c) She lives alone.
(d) Worcester Meat.
4. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
(b) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
(c) She felt it represented part of herself.
(d) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
5. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(b) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(c) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(d) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
2. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
3. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
4. What color is the medicine bundle?
5. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy the Kid visit Grey while she tends the dying Kope'mah?
2. How can you tell that Dog belongs to Grey?
3. What comes to nothing in Chapter Twenty of Book One? Why does everything feel pointless to Set as he considers his pilgrimage home?
4. Why is it that Grey never has to quest after visions?
5. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
6. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
7. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
8. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
9. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
10. What was Set's first real notion of the infinite?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)