Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
(a) That the man in the painting will be better lighted.
(b) That the man in the painting will have been transformed.
(c) That the man in the paintingwill be appreciated by critics.
(d) That the painting will be worth a great deal of money.
2. How old is Set?
3. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(a) An unexpected confidence.
(b) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(c) An unaccountable fear.
4. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They became quarrelsome.
(b) Their group was divided.
(c) They moved to the mountains.
(d) The seasons changed.
5. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was twenty-seven.
(b) He was seven.
(c) He was a newborn.
(d) He was seventeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
2. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
3. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
4. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
5. What two cultures combine in Grey?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Grey changes from a girl to a woman, how does Set's attitude toward her change?
2. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
3. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
4. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
5. Why does Set enter his old house with dread?
6. Why did Kope'mah experience loneliness as a medicine woman?
7. Why were the Piegan people unable to believe in the child?
8. Who first let Grey know that the bear was coming into her life?
9. What do the lines on the red earth represent?
10. How does Set respond to the hospital staff's diagnosis and explanations of his condition?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)