|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
(a) Murphy's Pig.
(b) Murphy's Own.
(d) Murphy's Law.
2. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
(a) That the man in the paintingwill be appreciated by critics.
(b) That the painting will be worth a great deal of money.
(c) That the man in the painting will be better lighted.
(d) That the man in the painting will have been transformed.
3. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one accompanied the children.
(b) They force children to forage for food.
(c) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(d) They allow children to wander in the woods.
4. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams the bear carries her away.
(b) She dreams the bear kills her.
(c) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(d) She dreams she kills the bear.
5. Who is Deluvina Maxwell?
(a) Grey's mother.
(b) One of the seven sisters.
(c) A Navajo servant.
(d) A friend of Kope'mah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
2. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
3. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
4. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
5. What is "Indian time?"
Short Essay Questions
1. The bear comes forth in planes, Dog is seen by Grey as standing in a plane, and Set's mind is perceived in planes. What are planes in this context?
2. Why is it that Grey never has to quest after visions?
3. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
4. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
5. What passion did Grey acquire from Perfecto Atole?
6. Why did the parents of the lost children decide not to grieve for them?
7. What comes to nothing in Chapter Twenty of Book One? Why does everything feel pointless to Set as he considers his pilgrimage home?
8. How does Set define art as he struggles with his reflection in the mirror?
9. What does Koi-ehm-toya see as her responsibility to the children who wander into the woods?
10. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)