|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
(a) He goes out for chowder.
(b) He answers the phone.
(c) He takes a shower.
(d) He has an omelet at Joe's.
2. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
(a) She would tell him about his parents.
(b) She would teach him to ride.
(c) She had something important to give him.
(d) She would teach him Kiowa stories.
3. Why was the Piegan camp troubled when the unknown boy came to their camp, then disappeared?
(a) They had become fond of him.
(b) He had become part of their story.
(c) They suspected he was evil.
(d) They were afraid for his welfare.
4. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
(a) They seemed to leave no mark on the scene.
(b) They seemed to move slowly but covered ground quickly.
(c) They seemed innumerable.
(d) They seemed noble and majestic.
5. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(a) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grey live with?
2. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
3. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
4. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
5. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
2. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
3. How does Set's art change as his personality begins to disintegrate?
4. Why did the parents of the lost children decide not to grieve for them?
5. What is the vision that Set hopes to see?
6. Why does Grey feel at once humbled and important when she thinks of Set?
7. How does Grey feel about her appearance?
8. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
9. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
10. Why does Billy the Kid visit Grey while she tends the dying Kope'mah?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)