|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
(d) Kope'mah's physician.
2. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To rest.
(b) To answer her call.
(c) To warn her of danger.
(d) To graze.
3. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
(a) Perfecto Atole.
(c) The bear himself.
4. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(a) Lakota Sioux.
5. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
(a) He answers the phone.
(b) He goes out for chowder.
(c) He has an omelet at Joe's.
(d) He takes a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
2. Who is Loki?
3. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
4. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
5. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you tell that Dog belongs to Grey?
2. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
3. How does Grey feel about her appearance?
4. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
5. Why did the parents of the lost children decide not to grieve for them?
6. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
7. What is the darkest power that Set has encountered? What would he have called this power if he had encountered it in another time and place?
8. What was Set's first real notion of the infinite?
9. What is the purpose that Grey must serve in this chapter, although she is weary and hurt? What would she rather do?
10. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)