|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(b) She had a vision of the bear.
(c) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(d) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A note.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pin.
(d) A knife.
3. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(a) An unexpected confidence.
(b) An unaccountable fear.
(c) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
4. What do the Piegan feel when it is suggested to them that the strange boy was really a bear?
5. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(b) An ancient name for a bear.
(c) A Native American name for a wolf.
(d) A female wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
2. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
3. Who raped Grey?
4. What does Jason love best?
5. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do masks represent to Grey as she makes them?
2. Who first let Grey know that the bear was coming into her life?
3. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
4. What is the darkest power that Set has encountered? What would he have called this power if he had encountered it in another time and place?
5. What comes to nothing in Chapter Twenty of Book One? Why does everything feel pointless to Set as he considers his pilgrimage home?
6. What does Set think is the most wonderful of God's creations?
7. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
8. Set is taught in school that art is resistance. But he doesn't believe it. How does Set define art?
9. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
10. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)