|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
2. How old is Set?
3. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is not interested in him.
(b) She is like a boy.
(c) She is hostile.
(d) She is beautiful.
4. What is a hogleg?
(a) A gun.
(b) A trick.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A knife.
5. What does Jason love best?
(a) Producing art.
(b) Making money.
(d) Fine art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
2. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
4. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
5. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grey want her grandmother to tell her about Set?
2. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
3. Why does Murphy Dicks feel ashamed when he talks to Grey?
4. The bear comes forth in planes, Dog is seen by Grey as standing in a plane, and Set's mind is perceived in planes. What are planes in this context?
5. What passion did Grey acquire from Perfecto Atole?
6. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
7. Set is taught in school that art is resistance. But he doesn't believe it. How does Set define art?
8. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
9. What comes to nothing in Chapter Twenty of Book One? Why does everything feel pointless to Set as he considers his pilgrimage home?
10. How does Set define art as he struggles with his reflection in the mirror?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)