|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raped Grey?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) Dwight Dicks.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Murphy Dicks.
2. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 13.
(b) July 16.
(c) July 15.
(d) July 14.
3. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A friend.
(c) A riddle.
(d) An enemy.
4. What is "Indian time?"
(a) There is no such thing as time.
(b) Things happen as they happen.
(c) Daylight Savings Time.
(d) Everyone is late.
5. How did the people feel when they saw the stars after the others disappeared?
(c) Respectful, even reverent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
2. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
3. How old is Set?
4. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
5. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Set's first real notion of the infinite?
2. What is the darkest power that Set has encountered? What would he have called this power if he had encountered it in another time and place?
3. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
4. Why does Murphy Dicks feel ashamed when he talks to Grey?
5. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
6. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
7. Why doesn't Paulita Maxwell weep?
8. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
9. Why does Billy the Kid visit Grey while she tends the dying Kope'mah?
10. What does Koi-ehm-toya see as her responsibility to the children who wander into the woods?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)