|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
(a) He's at a still point.
(b) He's about to be transformed.
(c) He represents Everyman.
(d) He's a locus of quiet.
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A knife.
(b) A note.
(c) A pin.
(d) A gun.
3. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
(b) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
(c) She felt it represented part of herself.
(d) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
4. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(b) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(c) An unaccountable fear.
(d) An unexpected confidence.
5. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) Set himself.
(d) A centaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
2. Who is Luke?
3. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
4. Who is Loki?
5. Who is Henry McCarty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
2. Why did the parents of the lost children decide not to grieve for them?
3. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
4. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
5. Why is it that Grey never has to quest after visions?
6. How does Grey feel about her appearance?
7. Why did Kope'mah experience loneliness as a medicine woman?
8. What comes to nothing in Chapter Twenty of Book One? Why does everything feel pointless to Set as he considers his pilgrimage home?
9. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
10. What does Koi-ehm-toya see as her responsibility to the children who wander into the woods?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)