|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
(a) Praise and celebrity.
2. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
(a) Billy Burt's mare.
(b) Jose Cordova's horse.
(c) Jose Cordova's money.
(d) Billy Burt's money.
3. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(a) An unexpected confidence.
(b) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(c) An unaccountable fear.
4. How old is Murphy Dicks?
5. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Bob Olinger.
(d) J.W. Bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
2. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
3. How old was Set when his father died?
4. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
5. What is a bee-wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
2. What is the purpose that Grey must serve in this chapter, although she is weary and hurt? What would she rather do?
3. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
4. What was Set's first real notion of the infinite?
5. What comes to nothing in Chapter Twenty of Book One? Why does everything feel pointless to Set as he considers his pilgrimage home?
6. What does Grey want her grandmother to tell her about Set?
7. What passion did Grey acquire from Perfecto Atole?
8. Who first let Grey know that the bear was coming into her life?
9. How does Set define art as he struggles with his reflection in the mirror?
10. What does Set think is the most wonderful of God's creations?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)