|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(a) Bob Olinger.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) J.W. Bell.
2. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) They allow children to wander in the woods.
(b) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(c) No one accompanied the children.
(d) They force children to forage for food.
3. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They cheered.
(b) They hid.
(c) They chased him.
(d) They didn't find out until much later.
4. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
(a) Set's memory of his mother.
(b) Ursa Major.
(c) Set's first art piece.
(d) The galaxy earth is a part of.
5. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A friend.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A riddle.
(d) An enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people feel when they saw the stars after the others disappeared?
2. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
3. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
4. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
5. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
2. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
3. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
4. Why doesn't Paulita Maxwell weep?
5. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
6. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
7. How does Set define art as he struggles with his reflection in the mirror?
8. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
9. What does Grey want her grandmother to tell her about Set?
10. What is the darkest power that Set has encountered? What would he have called this power if he had encountered it in another time and place?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)