|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Set feel as he comes to the Indian encampment?
2. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(c) One hundred.
3. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
4. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Bertha Yazzie.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(d) Jessie Mottledmare.
5. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They hid.
(b) They chased him.
(c) They cheered.
(d) They didn't find out until much later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
2. Who is Cate?
3. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
4. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
5. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
2. What passion did Grey acquire from Perfecto Atole?
3. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
4. What was Set's first real notion of the infinite?
5. Why does Set repeatedly ask Bent to be his father?
6. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
7. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
8. The bear comes forth in planes, Dog is seen by Grey as standing in a plane, and Set's mind is perceived in planes. What are planes in this context?
9. What does Koi-ehm-toya see as her responsibility to the children who wander into the woods?
10. How does Grey feel about her appearance?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)