|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
(d) Art critics.
2. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(b) She dreams the bear kills her.
(c) She dreams she kills the bear.
(d) She dreams the bear carries her away.
3. What color is the medicine bundle?
4. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Dog running.
(b) The flight of an eagle.
(c) Grey running.
(d) Kope-mah's chanting.
5. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The National Book Award.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The American Book Award.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a hogleg?
2. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
3. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
4. How old is Grey?
5. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Set think is the most wonderful of God's creations?
2. Why did the parents of the lost children decide not to grieve for them?
3. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
4. Set is taught in school that art is resistance. But he doesn't believe it. How does Set define art?
5. What does Lola Bourne see in the painting "Night Window Man" that Set himself does not see?
6. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
7. How do the Native Americans let the summer go?
8. Why does Murphy Dicks feel ashamed when he talks to Grey?
9. Who first let Grey know that the bear was coming into her life?
10. Why is it that Grey never has to quest after visions?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)