|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Set feel as he comes to the Indian encampment?
2. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Kope'mah's grave.
(b) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(c) To Grey's house.
(d) To the creek.
3. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
(a) Is he the bear?
(b) Is he the one for me?
(c) Is he related to us?
(d) Will he return?
4. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
(a) Set himself.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A dwarf.
5. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
(a) He takes a shower.
(b) He goes out for chowder.
(c) He answers the phone.
(d) He has an omelet at Joe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
2. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
3. How old was Set when his father died?
4. How old is Murphy Dicks?
5. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
2. What is unusual about the death of Worcester Meat?
3. Why did the native people move south into the great plains?
4. How does Set respond to the hospital staff's diagnosis and explanations of his condition?
5. What comes to nothing in Chapter Twenty of Book One? Why does everything feel pointless to Set as he considers his pilgrimage home?
6. Set is taught in school that art is resistance. But he doesn't believe it. How does Set define art?
7. What does Set think is the most wonderful of God's creations?
8. What was Set's first real notion of the infinite?
9. What does Grey see of Set beyond his physical appearance?
10. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)