|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
(a) Forget about him.
(b) Go search for him.
(c) Do not believe in him.
(d) Meditate about him.
2. What does the wise man advise the people to do with the boy's story?
(a) Change him into a bear.
(b) Change him into a werewolf.
(c) Change him into a dog.
(d) Change him into a wolf.
3. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were too young to forage.
(b) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(c) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(d) They were running, not walking.
4. What is "Indian time?"
(a) There is no such thing as time.
(b) Everyone is late.
(c) Daylight Savings Time.
(d) Things happen as they happen.
5. Who does Grey live with?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) Jessie Mottledmare.
(d) She lives alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Loki?
2. How did the people feel when they saw the stars after the others disappeared?
3. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
4. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
5. How old is Set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Set's first real notion of the infinite?
2. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
3. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
4. What does Set think is the most wonderful of God's creations?
5. What is the darkest power that Set has encountered? What would he have called this power if he had encountered it in another time and place?
6. What do masks represent to Grey as she makes them?
7. How does Grey feel about her appearance?
8. Why did Kope'mah experience loneliness as a medicine woman?
9. Who is the mother and who is the child in Chapter Twelve of Book One?
10. What is the unanswered question, "Quien es?" in Chapter One of Book One?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)