|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Indian time?"
(a) There is no such thing as time.
(b) Everyone is late.
(c) Daylight Savings Time.
(d) Things happen as they happen.
2. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(c) One hundred.
3. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
(a) Jose Cordova's horse.
(b) Billy Burt's mare.
(c) Billy Burt's money.
(d) Jose Cordova's money.
4. What color is the medicine bundle?
5. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(b) An ancient name for a bear.
(c) A Native American name for a wolf.
(d) A female wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
2. What does the wise man advise the people to do with the boy's story?
3. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
4. How old was Set when his mother died?
5. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it better for the Piegan people to believe that the boy was a bear than that he was a boy?
2. Set is taught in school that art is resistance. But he doesn't believe it. How does Set define art?
3. Why did Kope'mah experience loneliness as a medicine woman?
4. How does Set define art as he struggles with his reflection in the mirror?
5. Dwight Dicks and his son Murphy are discussing an event, and there is a menace among their words. What event are they discussing in Chapter Eighteen of Book One and why is there menace?
6. At the Mottledmares', Set has a dream that he is deprived of a power that seems to him important. What does he dream he cannot do?
7. What feelings do the sisters experience as their brother turns into a bear?
8. How can you tell that Dog belongs to Grey?
9. What passion did Grey acquire from Perfecto Atole?
10. Why does Murphy Dicks feel ashamed when he talks to Grey?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)