|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
2. Why does Grey think she is beautiful?
(a) Because she is healthy and young.
(b) Because she is Native American.
(c) Because she is tall and slim.
(d) Because she is strong and restless.
3. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Tired and sick.
(b) Lonely and frightened.
(c) Serene and refreshed.
(d) Impatient and angry.
4. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
(a) A vision of Set's breakdown.
(b) A vision of her future with Set.
(c) A vision of Billy the Kid.
(d) A vision of the plains people.
5. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) They were restless.
(b) They needed more space.
(c) It got colder.
(d) There were wars and disasters.
6. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is visibly uncomfortable.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is intrigued.
7. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
8. What change comes to Grey in the summer?
(a) She is grumpy.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is tired all the time.
(d) She is less beautiful.
9. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
(c) The gods.
(d) The future.
10. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson dream of in his old age?
(a) Things that had happened before his time.
(b) Things that happened in his childhood.
(c) Things that happened to his parents.
(d) Things that would happen in the future.
11. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
(a) Working too hard.
(b) Skipping meals.
(d) Extraordinary psychological pressure.
12. Why does Lola Bourne think she cannot help Set?
(a) She can't forgive his selfishness.
(b) She can't understand his situation.
(c) She can't devote her life to his recovery.
(d) She can't tolerate his situation.
13. How unusual is Set's kind of breakdown?
(a) It is quite unusual.
(b) It is fairly common.
(c) It is extremely rare.
(d) It happens all the time.
14. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
(a) Native American folk music.
(d) Set's art.
15. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Buys a speech.
(b) Invents a speech.
(c) Writes a speech.
(d) Memorizes a speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey ask Perfecto Atole to do for Set?
2. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
3. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
4. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
5. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)