|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did his stay at Lukachukai affect Set?
(a) It had frightened him.
(b) It had confused him.
(c) It had separated him from all that was familiar.
(d) It had cleared his mind.
2. Why did the old wanderers consider the plains the most sacred of sacred grounds?
(a) It was fertile land.
(b) It had no fences.
(c) It had no European settlers.
(d) It was the center of the world.
3. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) There were snakes in the road.
(b) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
(c) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
(d) The ground was too muddy.
4. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
5. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for thirteen more days?
(a) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(b) Home to his little house.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the hospital.
6. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
(b) Set's art.
(c) Native American folk music.
7. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
8. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Serene and refreshed.
(b) Lonely and frightened.
(c) Tired and sick.
(d) Impatient and angry.
9. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
10. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
(b) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(c) Bent has a stroke and dies.
(d) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
11. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Tamed animals.
(b) Cultivated crops.
(c) Charred wood and bones.
12. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
(a) Seed money.
(b) Field money.
(c) Harvest money.
(d) Grass money.
13. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
(b) Ancient designs.
(c) Powerful medicines.
(d) Planes and lines.
14. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great grandson become?
(a) A maker of shields.
(b) A medicine man.
(c) A painter.
(d) A grass dancer.
15. What does Billy the Kid bring to Sitting Bear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Set after Bent dies?
2. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
3. What was the vision that Set was looking for?
4. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
5. What does Set feel as he picks up the bear's paw?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)