|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Billy the Kid?
(a) A rancher named Wilcox.
(b) Pat Garrett.
(c) Charlie Bowdre.
(d) A Texas ranger.
2. What does Set do each morning as he first wakes up?
(a) He begins to paint.
(b) He prepares breakfast.
(c) He goes for a run.
(d) He prays for Grey.
3. How unusual is Set's kind of breakdown?
(a) It is fairly common.
(b) It happens all the time.
(c) It is extremely rare.
(d) It is quite unusual.
4. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
(a) They traded stories with Piegan traders.
(b) A Kiowa hunter married a Piegan woman who told the story.
(c) They made friends with some Piegan who told it.
(d) They captured a Piegan woman who told it.
5. How do Grey and Set marry?
(a) In a traditional ceremony in the hogan.
(b) In Las Vegas.
(c) In a modern ceremony in the desert.
(d) At the county courthouse.
6. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(b) Bent has a stroke and dies.
(c) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
(d) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
7. What does Sitting Bear admire more than modesty?
8. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(b) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(c) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
(d) Realizing that he is a bear.
9. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(b) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(c) Billy the Kid is not honest.
(d) Billy the Kid has few words.
10. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
(c) Within a few weeks.
(d) After a while.
11. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
(a) Set kicked a doctor.
(b) Set attacked Dr. Terriman with a vase.
(c) Set hit a nurse.
(d) Set screamed at the hospital staff.
12. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(c) Home to his little house.
(d) To the hospital.
13. What does Set do each night?
(a) He opens the medicine bundle.
(b) He goes for a run.
(c) He watches television.
(d) He waits patiently for the day to end.
14. What does Grey feel as she saw Set driving into Mottledmare's property?
15. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
(a) She is visibly uncomfortable.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is intrigued.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the vision that Set was looking for?
2. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
3. What ceremony does Grey perform in the Kiowa way?
4. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
5. Why did the old wanderers consider the plains the most sacred of sacred grounds?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)