|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson dream of in his old age?
(a) Things that would happen in the future.
(b) Things that happened in his childhood.
(c) Things that had happened before his time.
(d) Things that happened to his parents.
2. The plains are a perfect equation of what two elements?
(a) Distance and time.
(b) Darkness and light.
(c) Native Americans and settlers.
(d) Freedom and space.
3. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
(a) A vision of the plains people.
(b) A vision of her future with Set.
(c) A vision of Set's breakdown.
(d) A vision of Billy the Kid.
4. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(b) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
(c) His modern upbringing stands against him.
(d) The bear stands against him.
5. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
6. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
7. What did the bear do that was unusual?
(a) It ran on its hind legs.
(b) All of these.
(c) It came up to people gladly.
(d) It cried with the voice of a child.
8. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
(a) From the window of his hogan.
(b) In his front yard.
(c) In his mind's eye.
(d) In his heart.
9. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
(a) It is ominous.
(b) It is comforting.
(c) It is miraculous.
(d) It is beautiful.
10. What happens to Set after Bent dies?
(a) His painting becomes more controlled.
(b) He has a breakdown.
(c) He becomes freer, more sociable.
(d) He becomes stronger.
11. What does Set feel as he picks up the bear's paw?
(a) A calm serenity.
(b) A wild curiosity.
(c) An urgent restlessness.
(d) A secure strength.
12. What does Alais Sancerre notice about Set's body after they have slept together?
(a) He is tense and tight-muscled.
(b) He is pale and sickly looking.
(c) He has hair everywhere on his body.
(d) He is muscular and strong.
13. What does Set have to learn to converse with Lela?
(a) An oblique, proper form of conversation.
(d) To speak frankly.
14. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
(d) The purpose of life.
15. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
(b) The ground was too muddy.
(c) There were snakes in the road.
(d) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
2. What does Bent tell Set when Set sees a vision of Bent in the garden?
3. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
4. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
5. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)