|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
(a) It is comforting.
(b) It is ominous.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is miraculous.
2. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
(a) The future.
(c) The gods.
3. What ceremony does Grey perform in the Kiowa way?
(a) She burns sage.
(b) She collects herbs.
(c) She butchers a calf and eats the raw liver.
(d) She dances around the campfire.
4. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
(a) The land of long distances.
(b) The land of unnameable distances.
(c) The land of innumerable long distances.
(d) The land of innumerable distances.
5. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
6. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
(a) Some relief.
(b) A sense of satisfaction.
(c) No relief.
(d) A sense of bewilderment.
7. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
(d) Mutual interests.
8. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
(b) Extraordinary psychological pressure.
(c) Skipping meals.
(d) Working too hard.
9. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
(a) She hands it to him.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She mails it.
(d) She quits writing it.
10. What does the Navajo part of Grey long for?
(a) She wants to plant seeds and tend flocks.
(b) She wants to travel.
(c) She wants to ride a fast horse.
(d) She wants to be a warrior.
11. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) It got colder.
(b) They were restless.
(c) There were wars and disasters.
(d) They needed more space.
12. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
(a) A vision of Set's breakdown.
(b) A vision of Billy the Kid.
(c) A vision of the plains people.
(d) A vision of her future with Set.
13. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
(a) Home to his little house.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(d) To the hospital.
14. What was the vision that Set was looking for?
(b) His future.
(c) The bear.
(d) The Big Dipper.
15. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(b) Billy the Kid has few words.
(c) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(d) Billy the Kid is not honest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
2. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
3. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
4. What does Grey do to prepare for her life with Set?
5. What does the boy leave behind him?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)