|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Charred wood and bones.
(b) Cultivated crops.
(c) Tamed animals.
2. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
(a) The chiefs.
(b) The warriors.
(c) The renegades.
(d) The ten bravest men.
3. What ceremony does Grey perform in the Kiowa way?
(a) She dances around the campfire.
(b) She collects herbs.
(c) She burns sage.
(d) She butchers a calf and eats the raw liver.
4. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child faded away before their eyes.
(b) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(c) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(d) The child was an impossibility.
5. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
(a) A hunter shot the bear.
(b) The bear came into the camp.
(c) The bear became a legend.
(d) Hunters returned from the woods with strange bear stories.
6. What does Set have to learn to converse with Lela?
(c) To speak frankly.
(d) An oblique, proper form of conversation.
7. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
(a) She is intrigued.
(b) She is visibly uncomfortable.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is bored.
8. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
9. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
(a) A dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A badger.
10. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
(a) Set kicked a doctor.
(b) Set screamed at the hospital staff.
(c) Set attacked Dr. Terriman with a vase.
(d) Set hit a nurse.
11. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
(d) Small and helpless.
12. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
(b) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(c) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(d) Realizing that he is a bear.
13. What does the boy leave behind him?
(a) The sound of his running.
(b) The sound of his crying.
(c) No sound at all.
(d) The sound of his laughter.
14. What was the last dream of Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson?
(a) The stars forming the Big Dipper.
(b) The children moving into the woods.
(c) The beautiful horse, Dog.
(d) The bear scratching at Tsoai.
15. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
(a) Senora Archuleta.
(b) Himself as a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
2. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
3. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
4. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
5. What does Billy the Kid bring to Sitting Bear?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)