|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Tired and sick.
(b) Lonely and frightened.
(c) Impatient and angry.
(d) Serene and refreshed.
2. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
(a) Harvest money.
(b) Seed money.
(c) Grass money.
(d) Field money.
3. What does Set have to learn to converse with Lela?
(a) To speak frankly.
(b) An oblique, proper form of conversation.
4. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
(a) He is curable.
(b) He will recover quickly.
(c) He is temporarily addled.
(d) He is dangerously self-centered.
5. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
6. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
(a) In his front yard.
(b) In his mind's eye.
(c) In his heart.
(d) From the window of his hogan.
7. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One month.
8. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) It got colder.
(b) They needed more space.
(c) They were restless.
(d) There were wars and disasters.
9. How unusual is Set's kind of breakdown?
(a) It is extremely rare.
(b) It happens all the time.
(c) It is fairly common.
(d) It is quite unusual.
10. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is miraculous.
(c) It is comforting.
(d) It is ominous.
11. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
(a) The renegades.
(b) The ten bravest men.
(c) The chiefs.
(d) The warriors.
12. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
(a) They traded stories with Piegan traders.
(b) They made friends with some Piegan who told it.
(c) A Kiowa hunter married a Piegan woman who told the story.
(d) They captured a Piegan woman who told it.
13. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
(b) The gods.
(c) The future.
14. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
15. Why does Lola Bourne find it easy to relinquish Set to Grey?
(a) She no longer knows him.
(b) She doesn't love Set.
(c) She is hurt by Set's faithlessness.
(d) She is tired of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
2. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
3. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
4. What was the last dream of Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson?
5. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)