|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
(d) Small and helpless.
2. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A dog.
(c) A badger.
(d) A coyote.
3. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
(b) The ground was too muddy.
(c) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
(d) There were snakes in the road.
4. What does Set do each morning as he first wakes up?
(a) He prays for Grey.
(b) He begins to paint.
(c) He prepares breakfast.
(d) He goes for a run.
5. What ceremony does Grey perform in the Kiowa way?
(a) She butchers a calf and eats the raw liver.
(b) She dances around the campfire.
(c) She collects herbs.
(d) She burns sage.
6. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
(a) A sense of bewilderment.
(b) Some relief.
(c) No relief.
(d) A sense of satisfaction.
7. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
(a) Bread and fruit.
(b) Crackers and cheese.
(c) Apples and cheese.
8. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Writes a speech.
(b) Buys a speech.
(c) Invents a speech.
(d) Memorizes a speech.
9. What does Dr. Terriman say about Lola Bourne''s ability to help Set?
(a) The love of 100 women would not be enough.
(b) Your love is powerful enough to cure him.
(c) Love is all you need.
(d) Love will see him through.
10. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
(a) Set's art.
(b) Native American folk music.
11. What does Billy the Kid bring to Sitting Bear?
12. Which direction did the Kiowa travel?
13. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
(a) The sheer strength of her will.
(b) His Kiowa blood.
(c) The medicine bundle.
(d) His need for understanding of his culture.
14. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
(a) In his front yard.
(b) In his mind's eye.
(c) From the window of his hogan.
(d) In his heart.
15. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
(a) The endless spaces.
(b) Tsoai, the giant tree turned to stone.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The horizon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
2. What does Set feel as he picks up the bear's paw?
3. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
4. What change comes over Grey at her mother's house?
5. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)