|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
2. What change comes to Grey in the summer?
(a) She is tired all the time.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is less beautiful.
(d) She is grumpy.
3. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
(a) His early yearbooks.
(b) His early drawings.
(c) His early trophies.
(d) His early photos.
4. Who killed Billy the Kid?
(a) Charlie Bowdre.
(b) A rancher named Wilcox.
(c) Pat Garrett.
(d) A Texas ranger.
5. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
6. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Serene and refreshed.
(b) Impatient and angry.
(c) Lonely and frightened.
(d) Tired and sick.
7. Why does Grey think she is beautiful?
(a) Because she is strong and restless.
(b) Because she is healthy and young.
(c) Because she is Native American.
(d) Because she is tall and slim.
8. What does Lola Bourne think Set is doing?
(a) Forgetting himself.
(b) Enjoying himself.
(c) Annihilating himself.
(d) Reconstructing himself.
9. What happens to Set after Bent dies?
(a) He has a breakdown.
(b) He becomes freer, more sociable.
(c) His painting becomes more controlled.
(d) He becomes stronger.
10. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
(a) He is dangerously self-centered.
(b) He is temporarily addled.
(c) He will recover quickly.
(d) He is curable.
11. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for thirteen more days?
(a) To the forest.
(b) Home to his little house.
(c) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(d) To the hospital.
12. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid has few words.
(b) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(c) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(d) Billy the Kid is not honest.
13. How do Grey and Set marry?
(a) At the county courthouse.
(b) In a modern ceremony in the desert.
(c) In a traditional ceremony in the hogan.
(d) In Las Vegas.
14. Why does Lola Bourne think she cannot help Set?
(a) She can't devote her life to his recovery.
(b) She can't understand his situation.
(c) She can't tolerate his situation.
(d) She can't forgive his selfishness.
15. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
(b) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
(c) Bent has a stroke and dies.
(d) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
2. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
3. What was the last dream of Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson?
4. Why did the old wanderers consider the plains the most sacred of sacred grounds?
5. What does Bent tell Set when Set sees a vision of Bent in the garden?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)