|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
(a) Hunters returned from the woods with strange bear stories.
(b) A hunter shot the bear.
(c) The bear came into the camp.
(d) The bear became a legend.
2. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(b) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(c) Billy the Kid has few words.
(d) Billy the Kid is not honest.
3. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
4. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
(a) He is curable.
(b) He will recover quickly.
(c) He is dangerously self-centered.
(d) He is temporarily addled.
5. What was the last dream of Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson?
(a) The bear scratching at Tsoai.
(b) The stars forming the Big Dipper.
(c) The children moving into the woods.
(d) The beautiful horse, Dog.
6. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Memorizes a speech.
(b) Writes a speech.
(c) Buys a speech.
(d) Invents a speech.
7. Why don't Grey and Set speak at the dance?
(a) They are angry with each other.
(b) They are unsure how to proceed.
(c) They are restricted in their conversation.
(d) There is nothing to say.
8. What does the Navajo part of Grey long for?
(a) She wants to be a warrior.
(b) She wants to plant seeds and tend flocks.
(c) She wants to travel.
(d) She wants to ride a fast horse.
9. What does Bent tell Set when Set sees a vision of Bent in the garden?
(a) Bent is looking at the flowers.
(b) Bent is looking for the boy.
(c) Bent is looking for his glasses.
(d) Bent is looking for the dog.
10. What was the vision that Set was looking for?
(b) His future.
(c) The bear.
(d) The Big Dipper.
11. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
12. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
(a) Small and helpless.
13. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
(b) The purpose of life.
14. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
(a) The land of long distances.
(b) The land of innumerable distances.
(c) The land of innumerable long distances.
(d) The land of unnameable distances.
15. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hospital staff treat Set?
2. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
3. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
4. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
5. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)