|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
(a) His early trophies.
(b) His early yearbooks.
(c) His early drawings.
(d) His early photos.
2. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
(a) She mails it.
(b) She quits writing it.
(c) She burns it.
(d) She hands it to him.
3. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
(a) He will recover quickly.
(b) He is temporarily addled.
(c) He is dangerously self-centered.
(d) He is curable.
4. What does the Navajo part of Grey long for?
(a) She wants to be a warrior.
(b) She wants to travel.
(c) She wants to ride a fast horse.
(d) She wants to plant seeds and tend flocks.
5. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
(a) Jessie Mottledmare had told him.
(b) His spirit had told him.
(c) Grey and Lela had told him.
(d) Kope'mah had told him.
6. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) It got colder.
(b) There were wars and disasters.
(c) They needed more space.
(d) They were restless.
7. What does Set do each night?
(a) He watches television.
(b) He waits patiently for the day to end.
(c) He goes for a run.
(d) He opens the medicine bundle.
8. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
(c) Native American folk music.
(d) Set's art.
9. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
(a) Planes and lines.
(b) Ancient designs.
(d) Powerful medicines.
10. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
(b) Mutual interests.
11. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
(a) Some relief.
(b) No relief.
(c) A sense of bewilderment.
(d) A sense of satisfaction.
12. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Charred wood and bones.
(b) Cultivated crops.
(d) Tamed animals.
13. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
(a) The renegades.
(b) The chiefs.
(c) The ten bravest men.
(d) The warriors.
14. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
(a) Set kicked a doctor.
(b) Set hit a nurse.
(c) Set screamed at the hospital staff.
(d) Set attacked Dr. Terriman with a vase.
15. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) His modern upbringing stands against him.
(b) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
(c) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(d) The bear stands against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
2. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
3. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
4. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
5. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)