|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
(b) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(c) Realizing that he is a bear.
(d) Realizing that he is free to grow.
2. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
(b) Bent has a stroke and dies.
(c) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(d) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
3. What change comes over Grey at her mother's house?
(a) She feels less sure of herself.
(b) She changes from a girl to a woman.
(c) She becomes lazy and childlike.
(d) She becomes restless and wild.
4. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Buys a speech.
(b) Memorizes a speech.
(c) Writes a speech.
(d) Invents a speech.
5. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
6. What happens to Set after Bent dies?
(a) He becomes stronger.
(b) He has a breakdown.
(c) His painting becomes more controlled.
(d) He becomes freer, more sociable.
7. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child was an impossibility.
(b) The child faded away before their eyes.
(c) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(d) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
8. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(b) Cultivated crops.
(c) Charred wood and bones.
(d) Tamed animals.
9. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
(a) Native American folk music.
(d) Set's art.
10. How long is Set hospitalized?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Six months.
11. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
12. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
(a) A dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A badger.
13. How is Set's health as he begins his vision quest?
(a) He is physically fit.
(b) He is twenty years too old.
(c) He is weak from his illness.
(d) He is tired.
14. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
15. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
2. Who killed Billy the Kid?
3. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for thirteen more days?
4. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson dream of in his old age?
5. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)