|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(b) His modern upbringing stands against him.
(c) The bear stands against him.
(d) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
2. What does the Navajo part of Grey long for?
(a) She wants to plant seeds and tend flocks.
(b) She wants to ride a fast horse.
(c) She wants to be a warrior.
(d) She wants to travel.
3. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A fast horse.
(b) A great bear.
(c) A giant wolf.
(d) A buffalo herd.
4. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
(a) The warriors.
(b) The chiefs.
(c) The ten bravest men.
(d) The renegades.
5. Who killed Billy the Kid?
(a) Charlie Bowdre.
(b) Pat Garrett.
(c) A Texas ranger.
(d) A rancher named Wilcox.
6. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
(a) The sheer strength of her will.
(b) His need for understanding of his culture.
(c) His Kiowa blood.
(d) The medicine bundle.
7. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(b) Billy the Kid is not honest.
(c) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(d) Billy the Kid has few words.
8. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
(b) Native American folk music.
(c) Set's art.
9. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) There were wars and disasters.
(b) It got colder.
(c) They needed more space.
(d) They were restless.
10. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
(a) She is intrigued.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is visibly uncomfortable.
(d) She is frightened.
11. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
(a) His spirit had told him.
(b) Jessie Mottledmare had told him.
(c) Kope'mah had told him.
(d) Grey and Lela had told him.
12. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) One month.
(d) Three days.
13. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
(a) Some relief.
(b) A sense of bewilderment.
(c) A sense of satisfaction.
(d) No relief.
14. Why couldn't the plains have an ordinary place name?
(a) They were too vast.
(b) They were too boring.
(c) They were too flat.
(d) They were too frightening.
15. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Charred wood and bones.
(b) Cultivated crops.
(d) Tamed animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
2. What happens to Set after Bent dies?
3. What did the bear do that was unusual?
4. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
5. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)