|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
(a) A vision of Set's breakdown.
(b) A vision of the plains people.
(c) A vision of Billy the Kid.
(d) A vision of her future with Set.
2. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
(a) The land of innumerable long distances.
(b) The land of innumerable distances.
(c) The land of long distances.
(d) The land of unnameable distances.
3. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
(a) A sense of satisfaction.
(b) No relief.
(c) A sense of bewilderment.
(d) Some relief.
4. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
(a) He is temporarily addled.
(b) He is dangerously self-centered.
(c) He is curable.
(d) He will recover quickly.
5. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Buys a speech.
(b) Invents a speech.
(c) Writes a speech.
(d) Memorizes a speech.
6. What does Grey do to prepare for her life with Set?
(a) She explains their future to him.
(b) She prays and draws their journey in the dirt.
(c) She asks Kope'mah where to go.
(d) She asks Set what he would like to do.
7. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
(a) Set attacked Dr. Terriman with a vase.
(b) Set hit a nurse.
(c) Set screamed at the hospital staff.
(d) Set kicked a doctor.
8. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Lonely and frightened.
(b) Impatient and angry.
(c) Tired and sick.
(d) Serene and refreshed.
9. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
(a) His Kiowa blood.
(b) The sheer strength of her will.
(c) The medicine bundle.
(d) His need for understanding of his culture.
10. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
(c) Small and helpless.
11. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
12. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
(a) The dog.
(d) His father.
13. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
(a) Harvest money.
(b) Seed money.
(c) Grass money.
(d) Field money.
14. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(b) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(c) The child faded away before their eyes.
(d) The child was an impossibility.
15. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(b) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
(c) Bent has a stroke and dies.
(d) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
2. How is Set's health as he begins his vision quest?
3. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
4. Which direction did the Kiowa travel?
5. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)