|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sitting Bear admire more than modesty?
2. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
(a) Set looks for Lukie.
(b) Set looks for the boy.
(c) Set looks for butterflies.
(d) Set looks for his father.
3. Which direction did the Kiowa travel?
4. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
(a) Extraordinary psychological pressure.
(b) Working too hard.
(d) Skipping meals.
5. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
(c) Small and helpless.
6. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
7. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
8. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Cultivated crops.
(b) Charred wood and bones.
(d) Tamed animals.
9. What does Set feel as he picks up the bear's paw?
(a) A secure strength.
(b) A calm serenity.
(c) A wild curiosity.
(d) An urgent restlessness.
10. What does Alais Sancerre notice about Set's body after they have slept together?
(a) He is muscular and strong.
(b) He is pale and sickly looking.
(c) He has hair everywhere on his body.
(d) He is tense and tight-muscled.
11. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
(b) Realizing that he is a bear.
(c) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(d) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
12. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
(a) Tsoai, the giant tree turned to stone.
(b) The horizon.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The endless spaces.
13. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
(a) The purpose of life.
14. What does Grey ask Perfecto Atole to do for Set?
(a) Trick Set.
(b) Help Set to find his bear self.
(c) Kill Set.
(d) Harm Set.
15. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
(a) It is miraculous.
(b) It is comforting.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is ominous.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plains are a perfect equation of what two elements?
2. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
3. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
4. What does Grey do to prepare for her life with Set?
5. What does Set do each morning as he first wakes up?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)