|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
(a) In his front yard.
(b) In his heart.
(c) From the window of his hogan.
(d) In his mind's eye.
2. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
(a) Himself as a boy.
(c) Senora Archuleta.
3. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A fast horse.
(b) A buffalo herd.
(c) A giant wolf.
(d) A great bear.
4. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) One month.
5. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
6. How long is Set hospitalized?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
7. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
(a) She is intrigued.
(b) She is visibly uncomfortable.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is bored.
8. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
(b) The dog.
(d) His father.
9. What does Sitting Bear admire more than modesty?
10. Why couldn't the plains have an ordinary place name?
(a) They were too frightening.
(b) They were too boring.
(c) They were too vast.
(d) They were too flat.
11. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
(a) She mails it.
(b) She hands it to him.
(c) She burns it.
(d) She quits writing it.
12. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
(a) Home to his little house.
(b) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the hospital.
13. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
(a) His spirit had told him.
(b) Grey and Lela had told him.
(c) Kope'mah had told him.
(d) Jessie Mottledmare had told him.
14. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
(a) Seed money.
(b) Grass money.
(c) Harvest money.
(d) Field money.
15. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
(a) A Kiowa hunter married a Piegan woman who told the story.
(b) They made friends with some Piegan who told it.
(c) They traded stories with Piegan traders.
(d) They captured a Piegan woman who told it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't Grey and Set speak at the dance?
2. How unusual is Set's kind of breakdown?
3. How do the hospital staff treat Set?
4. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
5. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)