|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lola Bourne think she cannot help Set?
(a) She can't forgive his selfishness.
(b) She can't understand his situation.
(c) She can't devote her life to his recovery.
(d) She can't tolerate his situation.
2. Which direction did the Kiowa travel?
3. How long is Set hospitalized?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
4. What does Sitting Bear admire more than modesty?
5. Why does Grey think she is beautiful?
(a) Because she is Native American.
(b) Because she is strong and restless.
(c) Because she is healthy and young.
(d) Because she is tall and slim.
6. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
(a) Grass money.
(b) Seed money.
(c) Harvest money.
(d) Field money.
7. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
(a) Small and helpless.
8. What ceremony does Grey perform in the Kiowa way?
(a) She burns sage.
(b) She dances around the campfire.
(c) She butchers a calf and eats the raw liver.
(d) She collects herbs.
9. The plains are a perfect equation of what two elements?
(a) Native Americans and settlers.
(b) Distance and time.
(c) Darkness and light.
(d) Freedom and space.
10. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
(a) From the window of his hogan.
(b) In his heart.
(c) In his mind's eye.
(d) In his front yard.
11. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(b) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(c) Realizing that he is a bear.
(d) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
12. How did his stay at Lukachukai affect Set?
(a) It had cleared his mind.
(b) It had frightened him.
(c) It had confused him.
(d) It had separated him from all that was familiar.
13. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Writes a speech.
(b) Buys a speech.
(c) Invents a speech.
(d) Memorizes a speech.
14. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
(a) Working too hard.
(c) Skipping meals.
(d) Extraordinary psychological pressure.
15. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
(c) Senora Archuleta.
(d) Himself as a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the old wanderers consider the plains the most sacred of sacred grounds?
2. Why don't Grey and Set speak at the dance?
3. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
4. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
5. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)