|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
(a) She hands it to him.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She quits writing it.
(d) She mails it.
2. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
(a) Crackers and cheese.
(b) Apples and cheese.
(c) Bread and fruit.
3. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
(b) His father.
(d) The dog.
4. Why does Grey think she is beautiful?
(a) Because she is strong and restless.
(b) Because she is tall and slim.
(c) Because she is healthy and young.
(d) Because she is Native American.
5. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
(a) Some relief.
(b) A sense of satisfaction.
(c) No relief.
(d) A sense of bewilderment.
6. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
(a) The horizon.
(b) Tsoai, the giant tree turned to stone.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The endless spaces.
7. How do the hospital staff treat Set?
(a) With disrespect.
(b) With kindness and understanding.
(c) With tact and condescension.
(d) With disregard.
8. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
(a) His early photos.
(b) His early trophies.
(c) His early drawings.
(d) His early yearbooks.
9. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Cultivated crops.
(b) Tamed animals.
(d) Charred wood and bones.
10. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
(b) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
(c) The ground was too muddy.
(d) There were snakes in the road.
11. What does Grey feel as she saw Set driving into Mottledmare's property?
12. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
(a) Home to his little house.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
13. Who helps Milo Mottledmare transport Worcester Meat?
(a) Murphy Dicks.
(c) Dwight Dicks.
14. What did the bear do that was unusual?
(a) It cried with the voice of a child.
(b) It came up to people gladly.
(c) It ran on its hind legs.
(d) All of these.
15. Why does Lola Bourne find it easy to relinquish Set to Grey?
(a) She doesn't love Set.
(b) She no longer knows him.
(c) She is hurt by Set's faithlessness.
(d) She is tired of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
2. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
3. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
4. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
5. What does Grey do to prepare for her life with Set?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)