|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(b) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(c) Realizing that he is a bear.
(d) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
2. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
(a) Bread and fruit.
(b) Apples and cheese.
(d) Crackers and cheese.
3. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
(a) A hunter shot the bear.
(b) Hunters returned from the woods with strange bear stories.
(c) The bear became a legend.
(d) The bear came into the camp.
4. What change comes to Grey in the summer?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is less beautiful.
(c) She is tired all the time.
(d) She is grumpy.
5. What does Alais Sancerre notice about Set's body after they have slept together?
(a) He is muscular and strong.
(b) He has hair everywhere on his body.
(c) He is pale and sickly looking.
(d) He is tense and tight-muscled.
6. How is Set's health as he begins his vision quest?
(a) He is weak from his illness.
(b) He is twenty years too old.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is physically fit.
7. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
(a) It is comforting.
(b) It is ominous.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is miraculous.
8. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A great bear.
(b) A giant wolf.
(c) A fast horse.
(d) A buffalo herd.
9. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) The ground was too muddy.
(b) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
(c) There were snakes in the road.
(d) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
10. Who helps Milo Mottledmare transport Worcester Meat?
(a) Murphy Dicks.
(b) Dwight Dicks.
11. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
(c) The purpose of life.
12. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(b) Billy the Kid is not honest.
(c) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(d) Billy the Kid has few words.
13. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
(a) Jessie Mottledmare had told him.
(b) Kope'mah had told him.
(c) His spirit had told him.
(d) Grey and Lela had told him.
14. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One month.
15. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) His modern upbringing stands against him.
(b) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(c) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
(d) The bear stands against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
2. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
3. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
4. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
5. How do the hospital staff treat Set?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)