|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plains are a perfect equation of what two elements?
(a) Freedom and space.
(b) Distance and time.
(c) Native Americans and settlers.
(d) Darkness and light.
2. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
(a) Jessie Mottledmare had told him.
(b) His spirit had told him.
(c) Kope'mah had told him.
(d) Grey and Lela had told him.
3. What does Dr. Terriman say about Lola Bourne''s ability to help Set?
(a) Your love is powerful enough to cure him.
(b) Love will see him through.
(c) Love is all you need.
(d) The love of 100 women would not be enough.
4. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
(a) The land of innumerable long distances.
(b) The land of long distances.
(c) The land of unnameable distances.
(d) The land of innumerable distances.
5. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(b) The child faded away before their eyes.
(c) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(d) The child was an impossibility.
6. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
(a) It is ominous.
(b) It is miraculous.
(c) It is comforting.
(d) It is beautiful.
7. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
8. Who helps Milo Mottledmare transport Worcester Meat?
(a) Dwight Dicks.
(d) Murphy Dicks.
9. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Tired and sick.
(b) Impatient and angry.
(c) Lonely and frightened.
(d) Serene and refreshed.
10. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
(c) The future.
(d) The gods.
11. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
(a) A vision of the plains people.
(b) A vision of her future with Set.
(c) A vision of Billy the Kid.
(d) A vision of Set's breakdown.
12. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
(a) A Kiowa hunter married a Piegan woman who told the story.
(b) They traded stories with Piegan traders.
(c) They captured a Piegan woman who told it.
(d) They made friends with some Piegan who told it.
13. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
14. What does Billy the Kid bring to Sitting Bear?
15. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) They were restless.
(b) They needed more space.
(c) There were wars and disasters.
(d) It got colder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't Grey and Set speak at the dance?
2. How long is Set hospitalized?
3. What does Sitting Bear admire more than modesty?
4. What ceremony does Grey perform in the Kiowa way?
5. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)