|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A fast horse.
(b) A buffalo herd.
(c) A giant wolf.
(d) A great bear.
2. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
(a) A hunter shot the bear.
(b) The bear came into the camp.
(c) The bear became a legend.
(d) Hunters returned from the woods with strange bear stories.
3. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
4. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Lonely and frightened.
(b) Serene and refreshed.
(c) Tired and sick.
(d) Impatient and angry.
5. Who helps Milo Mottledmare transport Worcester Meat?
(a) Dwight Dicks.
(c) Murphy Dicks.
6. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
(b) The gods.
(c) The future.
7. What does Bent tell Set when Set sees a vision of Bent in the garden?
(a) Bent is looking for his glasses.
(b) Bent is looking at the flowers.
(c) Bent is looking for the dog.
(d) Bent is looking for the boy.
8. How long is Set hospitalized?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
9. The plains are a perfect equation of what two elements?
(a) Freedom and space.
(b) Darkness and light.
(c) Native Americans and settlers.
(d) Distance and time.
10. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
(a) Set looks for Lukie.
(b) Set looks for his father.
(c) Set looks for butterflies.
(d) Set looks for the boy.
11. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A badger.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A dog.
12. What does Set feel as he picks up the bear's paw?
(a) A wild curiosity.
(b) A secure strength.
(c) A calm serenity.
(d) An urgent restlessness.
13. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(b) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
(c) His modern upbringing stands against him.
(d) The bear stands against him.
14. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
(b) The dog.
(d) His father.
15. What does Lola Bourne think Set is doing?
(a) Enjoying himself.
(b) Reconstructing himself.
(c) Forgetting himself.
(d) Annihilating himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
2. What does Set do each night?
3. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
4. What was the last dream of Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson?
5. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)