|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child faded away before their eyes.
(b) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(c) The child was an impossibility.
(d) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
2. How do Grey and Set marry?
(a) At the county courthouse.
(b) In Las Vegas.
(c) In a traditional ceremony in the hogan.
(d) In a modern ceremony in the desert.
3. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
(b) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
(c) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(d) Bent has a stroke and dies.
4. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
(a) One month.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How does Grey feel during the heavy rainstorms of the plains?
(d) Small and helpless.
6. What does Bent tell Set when Set sees a vision of Bent in the garden?
(a) Bent is looking for his glasses.
(b) Bent is looking for the dog.
(c) Bent is looking for the boy.
(d) Bent is looking at the flowers.
7. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Charred wood and bones.
(b) Cultivated crops.
(c) Tamed animals.
8. Who helps Milo Mottledmare transport Worcester Meat?
(b) Dwight Dicks.
(d) Murphy Dicks.
9. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
(a) Set kicked a doctor.
(b) Set hit a nurse.
(c) Set attacked Dr. Terriman with a vase.
(d) Set screamed at the hospital staff.
10. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for thirteen more days?
(a) Home to his little house.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(d) To the hospital.
11. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) It got colder.
(b) There were wars and disasters.
(c) They needed more space.
(d) They were restless.
12. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
(a) Powerful medicines.
(c) Ancient designs.
(d) Planes and lines.
13. What change comes over Grey at her mother's house?
(a) She becomes restless and wild.
(b) She becomes lazy and childlike.
(c) She feels less sure of herself.
(d) She changes from a girl to a woman.
14. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
15. What was the last dream of Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson?
(a) The beautiful horse, Dog.
(b) The children moving into the woods.
(c) The stars forming the Big Dipper.
(d) The bear scratching at Tsoai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
2. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
3. What does the boy leave behind him?
4. What does Billy the Kid bring to Sitting Bear?
5. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)