|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid is not honest.
(b) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(c) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(d) Billy the Kid has few words.
2. What happens to Set after Bent dies?
(a) His painting becomes more controlled.
(b) He has a breakdown.
(c) He becomes stronger.
(d) He becomes freer, more sociable.
3. What does the boy leave behind him?
(a) No sound at all.
(b) The sound of his laughter.
(c) The sound of his running.
(d) The sound of his crying.
4. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
(a) From the window of his hogan.
(b) In his mind's eye.
(c) In his front yard.
(d) In his heart.
5. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(c) Home to his little house.
(d) To the forest.
6. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) His modern upbringing stands against him.
(b) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
(c) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(d) The bear stands against him.
7. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
(a) Set looks for the boy.
(b) Set looks for his father.
(c) Set looks for butterflies.
(d) Set looks for Lukie.
8. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(b) Bent has a stroke and dies.
(c) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
(d) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
9. What does Set do each night?
(a) He opens the medicine bundle.
(b) He watches television.
(c) He goes for a run.
(d) He waits patiently for the day to end.
10. What does Set feel as he picks up the bear's paw?
(a) An urgent restlessness.
(b) A wild curiosity.
(c) A secure strength.
(d) A calm serenity.
11. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
12. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
(a) A vision of the plains people.
(b) A vision of Billy the Kid.
(c) A vision of her future with Set.
(d) A vision of Set's breakdown.
13. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
(b) The ground was too muddy.
(c) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
(d) There were snakes in the road.
14. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
15. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Impatient and angry.
(b) Serene and refreshed.
(c) Tired and sick.
(d) Lonely and frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Terriman say about Lola Bourne''s ability to help Set?
2. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
3. What does Grey ask Perfecto Atole to do for Set?
4. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
5. Why does Lola Bourne think she cannot help Set?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)