|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(b) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
(c) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
(d) Bent has a stroke and dies.
2. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
(a) A dog.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A badger.
3. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
4. How unusual is Set's kind of breakdown?
(a) It is quite unusual.
(b) It is extremely rare.
(c) It happens all the time.
(d) It is fairly common.
5. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
6. How did his stay at Lukachukai affect Set?
(a) It had frightened him.
(b) It had confused him.
(c) It had separated him from all that was familiar.
(d) It had cleared his mind.
7. What does Dr. Terriman discuss with Set?
(c) Set's art.
(d) Native American folk music.
8. How do Grey and Set marry?
(a) In a modern ceremony in the desert.
(b) In Las Vegas.
(c) In a traditional ceremony in the hogan.
(d) At the county courthouse.
9. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
10. What was the vision that Set was looking for?
(a) The bear.
(c) The Big Dipper.
(d) His future.
11. Who helps Milo Mottledmare transport Worcester Meat?
(a) Murphy Dicks.
(c) Dwight Dicks.
12. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
(a) Crackers and cheese.
(c) Bread and fruit.
(d) Apples and cheese.
13. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
(b) Mutual interests.
14. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
(a) Set looks for his father.
(b) Set looks for butterflies.
(c) Set looks for the boy.
(d) Set looks for Lukie.
15. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
(a) Seed money.
(b) Field money.
(c) Harvest money.
(d) Grass money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey feel as she saw Set driving into Mottledmare's property?
2. Why couldn't the plains have an ordinary place name?
3. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
4. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
5. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)