|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
(a) In his front yard.
(b) In his heart.
(c) In his mind's eye.
(d) From the window of his hogan.
2. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid has few words.
(b) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(c) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(d) Billy the Kid is not honest.
3. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A giant wolf.
(b) A buffalo herd.
(c) A fast horse.
(d) A great bear.
4. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
(a) His father.
(c) The dog.
5. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
(b) Mutual interests.
6. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
(c) Senora Archuleta.
(d) Himself as a boy.
7. What does Milo Mottledmare leave for Worcester Meat?
(a) Apples and cheese.
(b) Crackers and cheese.
(d) Bread and fruit.
8. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
9. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child was an impossibility.
(b) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(c) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(d) The child faded away before their eyes.
10. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
(a) Set looks for butterflies.
(b) Set looks for Lukie.
(c) Set looks for the boy.
(d) Set looks for his father.
11. What does Set do each morning as he first wakes up?
(a) He prepares breakfast.
(b) He begins to paint.
(c) He prays for Grey.
(d) He goes for a run.
12. Which direction did the Kiowa travel?
13. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
(a) Powerful medicines.
(b) Planes and lines.
(d) Ancient designs.
14. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
(a) No relief.
(b) A sense of satisfaction.
(c) Some relief.
(d) A sense of bewilderment.
15. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
(a) The purpose of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
2. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
3. What does Grey feel as she saw Set driving into Mottledmare's property?
4. What does Set do each night?
5. Why does Lola Bourne find it easy to relinquish Set to Grey?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)