|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Set do each night?
(a) He opens the medicine bundle.
(b) He goes for a run.
(c) He waits patiently for the day to end.
(d) He watches television.
2. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
3. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
(a) She mails it.
(b) She hands it to him.
(c) She quits writing it.
(d) She burns it.
4. What does Billy the Kid bring to Sitting Bear?
5. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A giant wolf.
(b) A great bear.
(c) A buffalo herd.
(d) A fast horse.
6. What does Sitting Bear admire more than modesty?
7. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A dog.
(c) A badger.
(d) A wolf.
8. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
(a) The future.
(d) The gods.
9. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid is not honest.
(b) Billy the Kid has few words.
(c) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
(d) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
10. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
(a) The land of innumerable long distances.
(b) The land of unnameable distances.
(c) The land of long distances.
(d) The land of innumerable distances.
11. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
(c) His father.
(d) The dog.
12. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
(b) Powerful medicines.
(c) Planes and lines.
(d) Ancient designs.
13. What does Grey feel as she saw Set driving into Mottledmare's property?
14. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
(b) After a while.
(c) Within a few weeks.
15. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(b) The child was an impossibility.
(c) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(d) The child faded away before their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the old wanderers consider the plains the most sacred of sacred grounds?
2. What does Set do each morning as he first wakes up?
3. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
4. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
5. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)