|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A buffalo herd.
(b) A fast horse.
(c) A great bear.
(d) A giant wolf.
2. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
(a) The ten bravest men.
(b) The chiefs.
(c) The renegades.
(d) The warriors.
3. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
(a) His early drawings.
(b) His early trophies.
(c) His early photos.
(d) His early yearbooks.
4. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
(a) A Kiowa hunter married a Piegan woman who told the story.
(b) They traded stories with Piegan traders.
(c) They captured a Piegan woman who told it.
(d) They made friends with some Piegan who told it.
5. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
(a) Powerful medicines.
(c) Planes and lines.
(d) Ancient designs.
6. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(b) The bear stands against him.
(c) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
(d) His modern upbringing stands against him.
7. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) The ground was too muddy.
(b) There were snakes in the road.
(c) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
(d) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
8. Why does Set's chart say that he is capable of violence?
(a) Set kicked a doctor.
(b) Set attacked Dr. Terriman with a vase.
(c) Set hit a nurse.
(d) Set screamed at the hospital staff.
9. What does Grey ask Perfecto Atole to do for Set?
(a) Harm Set.
(b) Kill Set.
(c) Trick Set.
(d) Help Set to find his bear self.
10. Which direction did the Kiowa travel?
11. How is Set's health as he begins his vision quest?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is physically fit.
(c) He is twenty years too old.
(d) He is weak from his illness.
12. What does the Navajo part of Grey long for?
(a) She wants to be a warrior.
(b) She wants to travel.
(c) She wants to plant seeds and tend flocks.
(d) She wants to ride a fast horse.
13. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that he is a bear.
(b) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
(c) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(d) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
14. Who helps Milo Mottledmare transport Worcester Meat?
(c) Murphy Dicks.
(d) Dwight Dicks.
15. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson dream of in his old age?
(a) Things that happened to his parents.
(b) Things that had happened before his time.
(c) Things that would happen in the future.
(d) Things that happened in his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grey think she is beautiful?
2. What does Alais Sancerre notice about Set's body after they have slept together?
3. What does the boy leave behind him?
4. What did the bear do that was unusual?
5. What does Dr. Terriman say about Lola Bourne''s ability to help Set?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)