|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
(a) Sister Stella Francesca.
(d) His father, Cate.
2. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
(a) He was violent.
(b) He was passionate and wild.
(c) He was careless and dispassionate.
(d) He was arrogant and rude.
3. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is infinitely interesting.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is childlike.
(d) She is graceful.
4. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were running, not walking.
(b) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(c) They were too young to forage.
(d) No one had called them to hunt for food.
5. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
(a) Crazed excitement.
(c) Nothing whatever.
(d) Ferocious anger.
6. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a bear.
(b) A Native American name for a wolf.
(c) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(d) A female wolf.
7. What color is the medicine bundle?
8. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) John Poe.
(b) Pete Maxwell.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Alejandro Segura.
9. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
(b) Art critics.
10. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
(b) Perfecto Atole.
(c) The bear himself.
11. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 14.
(b) July 13.
(c) July 16.
(d) July 15.
12. Who is Luke?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A child.
(d) A Kiowa boy.
13. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
(a) He is heartbroken.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is happy.
14. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
(b) Praise and celebrity.
15. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
(a) Jose Cordova's horse.
(b) Billy Burt's mare.
(c) Billy Burt's money.
(d) Jose Cordova's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
2. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
3. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
4. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
5. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)