|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
2. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
(b) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
(c) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
(d) She felt it represented part of herself.
3. Who is Luke?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A child.
(d) A Kiowa boy.
4. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A pin.
(b) A note.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
5. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
(a) The image in the glass will not move.
(b) The image in the glass seems older.
(c) The image in the glass is a portrait.
(d) Set's right eye is his left eye.
6. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was a newborn.
(b) He was twenty-seven.
(c) He was seven.
(d) He was seventeen.
7. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He sells it to Grey.
(b) He trades it for sex with Grey.
(c) It runs away from him.
(d) He loses it on a bet.
8. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
(a) Dwight Dicks.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Worcester Meat.
(d) Murphy Dicks.
9. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Kiowa and Sioux.
(b) Navajo and Cree.
(c) Kiowa and Navajo.
(d) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
10. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
(a) Because Billy the Kid knew Grey.
(b) Because Kope'mah confided in Grey.
(c) Because Grey had the honor of caring for Kope'mah.
(d) Because Grey was more beautiful.
11. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
(a) The parents.
(b) The strangers.
(d) The medicine man.
12. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
(a) Go search for him.
(b) Meditate about him.
(c) Do not believe in him.
(d) Forget about him.
13. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(a) Lakota Sioux.
14. What is a hogleg?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A trick.
(d) A gun.
15. How old is Set?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
2. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
3. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
4. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
5. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)