|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Indian time?"
(a) Things happen as they happen.
(b) Everyone is late.
(c) There is no such thing as time.
(d) Daylight Savings Time.
2. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(b) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(c) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(d) The bear scratched it with his claws.
3. How old is Murphy Dicks?
4. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
(a) "Girl on Horseback."
(b) "Night Window Man."
(c) "Centaur in the Dark."
(d) "Window in the Dark."
5. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
6. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) Their group was divided.
(b) The seasons changed.
(c) They became quarrelsome.
(d) They moved to the mountains.
7. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
(a) Is he the one for me?
(b) Is he the bear?
(c) Is he related to us?
(d) Will he return?
8. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(a) An unexpected confidence.
(b) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(c) An unaccountable fear.
9. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was twenty-seven.
(b) He was seven.
(c) He was seventeen.
(d) He was a newborn.
10. How old was Set when his father died?
(a) He was seventeen.
(b) He was a newborn.
(c) He was twenty-seven.
(d) He was seven.
11. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To warn her of danger.
(b) To answer her call.
(c) To graze.
(d) To rest.
12. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
(a) He is difficult., but teachable.
(b) He is uncontrollable.
(c) He is the best she could get.
(d) He is the best.
13. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(d) One hundred.
14. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
(a) Murphy's Pig.
(b) Murphy's Law.
(d) Murphy's Own.
15. Who is Luke?
(a) A Kiowa boy.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
2. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
3. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
4. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
5. How old is Set?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)