|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(b) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(c) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(d) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
2. What color is the medicine bundle?
3. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
(a) He doesn't want to confess that he is sick.
(b) He doesn't want to speak to anyone.
(c) He is not absolutely sure that he can speak.
(d) He doesn't want to tell the story of the bear.
4. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
(b) Murphy's Own.
(c) Murphy's Law.
(d) Murphy's Pig.
5. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
(a) Is he the bear?
(b) Is he the one for me?
(c) Will he return?
(d) Is he related to us?
6. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
(a) Set himself.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A dwarf.
7. How old was Set when his father died?
(a) He was twenty-seven.
(b) He was a newborn.
(c) He was seven.
(d) He was seventeen.
8. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Bertha Yazzie.
(b) Jessie Mottledmare.
(c) Billy the Kid.
9. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
(a) He has an omelet at Joe's.
(b) He goes out for chowder.
(c) He takes a shower.
(d) He answers the phone.
10. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(d) Lakota Sioux.
11. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
12. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
13. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
(a) Perfecto Atole.
(b) The bear himself.
14. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) Pete Maxwell.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) John Poe.
(d) Alejandro Segura.
15. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
2. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
3. How old is Grey?
4. How does Murphy lose his horse?
5. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)