|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a hogleg?
(a) A knife.
(b) A trick.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A gun.
2. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(b) She had a vision of the bear.
(c) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(d) She was voted upon by the tribe.
3. What does the wise man advise the people to do with the boy's story?
(a) Change him into a dog.
(b) Change him into a werewolf.
(c) Change him into a bear.
(d) Change him into a wolf.
4. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is infinitely interesting.
(b) She is childlike.
(c) She is graceful.
(d) She is intelligent.
5. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
(c) Art critics.
6. How old is Grey?
7. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
8. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
(a) "Girl on Horseback."
(b) "Window in the Dark."
(c) "Night Window Man."
(d) "Centaur in the Dark."
9. Who is Luke?
(a) A horse.
(b) A Kiowa boy.
(c) A dog.
(d) A child.
10. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is heartbroken.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is confused.
11. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) They were running, not walking.
(c) They were too young to forage.
(d) No one had called them to hunt for food.
12. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Jessie Mottledmare.
(c) Bertha Yazzie.
(d) Billy the Kid.
13. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams she kills the bear.
(b) She dreams the bear kills her.
(c) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(d) She dreams the bear carries her away.
14. Who does Grey live with?
(a) Jessie Mottledmare.
(b) She lives alone.
(c) Worcester Meat.
15. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
(a) He is not absolutely sure that he can speak.
(b) He doesn't want to tell the story of the bear.
(c) He doesn't want to speak to anyone.
(d) He doesn't want to confess that he is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Set dream of losing in the woods?
2. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
3. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
4. What do the Piegan feel when it is suggested to them that the strange boy was really a bear?
5. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)