|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(b) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(c) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(d) She had a vision of the bear.
2. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He loses it on a bet.
(b) He sells it to Grey.
(c) He trades it for sex with Grey.
(d) It runs away from him.
3. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
(a) "Night Window Man."
(b) "Window in the Dark."
(c) "Centaur in the Dark."
(d) "Girl on Horseback."
4. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(a) Lakota Sioux.
5. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy has become a bear.
(b) The boy is being mean to them.
(c) They're playing a game.
(d) They're having a foot race.
6. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is not interested in him.
(b) She is like a boy.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is hostile.
7. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
8. What is a hogleg?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A trick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
9. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
(a) Because Grey had the honor of caring for Kope'mah.
(b) Because Billy the Kid knew Grey.
(c) Because Grey was more beautiful.
(d) Because Kope'mah confided in Grey.
10. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(b) Bob Olinger.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) J.W. Bell.
11. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) A coward.
(b) His father.
(c) The rodeo announcer.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
12. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In the courthouse.
(c) At the outhouse.
(d) In jail.
13. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To warn her of danger.
(b) To graze.
(c) To rest.
(d) To answer her call.
14. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
15. Who raped Grey?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Dwight Dicks.
(d) Murphy Dicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the medicine bundle?
2. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
3. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
4. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
5. Who is Loki?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)