|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) A Native American name for a wolf.
(b) A female wolf.
(c) An ancient name for a bear.
(d) An ancient name for a werewolf.
2. What does Set dream of losing in the woods?
(b) The boy who turns into a bear.
(c) His dog Luki.
(d) His adoptive father, Bent.
3. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 16.
(b) July 15.
(c) July 14.
(d) July 13.
4. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was seventeen.
(b) He was twenty-seven.
(c) He was a newborn.
(d) He was seven.
5. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Bob Olinger.
(c) J.W. Bell.
6. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
7. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(c) They were running, not walking.
(d) They were too young to forage.
8. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
(a) Go search for him.
(b) Forget about him.
(c) Meditate about him.
(d) Do not believe in him.
9. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
10. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) They're playing a game.
(b) The boy has become a bear.
(c) They're having a foot race.
(d) The boy is being mean to them.
11. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
(a) It was deprived.
(b) It was dirty and ignorant.
(c) It was idyllic.
(d) It was frightening.
12. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
13. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(b) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(c) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(d) She had a vision of the bear.
14. What does Jason love best?
(a) Making money.
(c) Fine art.
(d) Producing art.
15. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams the bear carries her away.
(b) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(c) She dreams she kills the bear.
(d) She dreams the bear kills her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
2. How old is Dog?
3. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
4. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
5. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)