|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A gun.
(b) A note.
(c) A pin.
(d) A knife.
3. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) Their group was divided.
(b) They became quarrelsome.
(c) They moved to the mountains.
(d) The seasons changed.
4. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
(a) She had something important to give him.
(b) She would teach him Kiowa stories.
(c) She would tell him about his parents.
(d) She would teach him to ride.
5. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
(a) "Window in the Dark."
(b) "Girl on Horseback."
(c) "Centaur in the Dark."
(d) "Night Window Man."
6. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 14.
(b) July 13.
(c) July 16.
(d) July 15.
7. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
(a) The bear himself.
(b) Perfecto Atole.
8. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A friend.
(b) A riddle.
(c) A blessing.
(d) An enemy.
9. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a bear.
(b) A Native American name for a wolf.
(c) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(d) A female wolf.
10. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
(a) The strangers.
(b) The parents.
(c) The medicine man.
11. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To warn her of danger.
(b) To graze.
(c) To answer her call.
(d) To rest.
12. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
(a) Murphy Dicks.
(b) Dwight Dicks.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Worcester Meat.
13. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
14. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
15. Who is Luke?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A Kiowa boy.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
2. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
3. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
4. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
5. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)