|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after the strange boy appeared and disappeared?
(a) Girls disappeared from the camp.
(b) The boy came back to the camp.
(c) Dogs disappeared from the camp.
(d) Bears came into the camp.
2. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
(b) The medicine man.
(c) The parents.
(d) The strangers.
3. How old is Grey?
4. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
(a) Set's right eye is his left eye.
(b) The image in the glass is a portrait.
(c) The image in the glass seems older.
(d) The image in the glass will not move.
5. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 14.
(b) July 16.
(c) July 13.
(d) July 15.
6. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a bear.
(b) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(c) A Native American name for a wolf.
(d) A female wolf.
7. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
(c) Horse racing.
8. Who is Loki?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A Kiowa boy.
(d) The child Set.
9. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To the creek.
(b) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(c) To Grey's house.
(d) To Kope'mah's grave.
10. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) John Poe.
(c) Pete Maxwell.
(d) Alejandro Segura.
11. Why was the Piegan camp troubled when the unknown boy came to their camp, then disappeared?
(a) He had become part of their story.
(b) They had become fond of him.
(c) They were afraid for his welfare.
(d) They suspected he was evil.
12. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were running, not walking.
(b) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(c) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(d) They were too young to forage.
13. What does Jason love best?
(b) Fine art.
(c) Producing art.
(d) Making money.
14. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) Murphy Dicks.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Dwight Dicks.
15. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They moved to the mountains.
(b) The seasons changed.
(c) Their group was divided.
(d) They became quarrelsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
2. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
3. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
4. Who is Luke?
5. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)