|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
(a) "Night Window Man."
(b) "Window in the Dark."
(c) "Centaur in the Dark."
(d) "Girl on Horseback."
2. How old is Dog?
3. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(b) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(c) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(d) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
4. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were running, not walking.
(b) They were too young to forage.
(c) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(d) There was plenty of food in the camp.
5. Who is Cate?
(a) Another name for Set.
(b) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's grandfather
(c) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's father.
(d) Another name for Kope'mah.
6. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
7. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
8. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
(a) That the man in the painting will be better lighted.
(b) That the man in the paintingwill be appreciated by critics.
(c) That the painting will be worth a great deal of money.
(d) That the man in the painting will have been transformed.
9. Who is Luke?
(a) A child.
(b) A dog.
(c) A Kiowa boy.
(d) A horse.
10. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
(a) Nothing whatever.
(c) Ferocious anger.
(d) Crazed excitement.
11. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the outhouse.
(c) In the courthouse.
(d) On horseback.
12. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To the creek.
(b) To Kope'mah's grave.
(c) To Grey's house.
(d) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
13. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) J.W. Bell.
(d) Bob Olinger.
14. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
15. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is heartbroken.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raped Grey?
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
3. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
4. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
5. Who does Grey live with?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)