|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
(a) The image in the glass is a portrait.
(b) The image in the glass will not move.
(c) Set's right eye is his left eye.
(d) The image in the glass seems older.
2. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
3. What does Jason love best?
(b) Making money.
(c) Producing art.
(d) Fine art.
4. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(a) Lakota Sioux.
5. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
(a) Art critics.
6. How did the people feel when they saw the stars after the others disappeared?
(b) Respectful, even reverent.
7. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
(b) Perfecto Atole.
(c) The bear himself.
8. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) Their group was divided.
(b) They moved to the mountains.
(c) They became quarrelsome.
(d) The seasons changed.
9. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is like a boy.
(b) She is hostile.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is not interested in him.
10. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Kope'mah's grave.
(b) To the creek.
(c) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(d) To Grey's house.
11. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
(a) Jose Cordova's horse.
(b) Billy Burt's money.
(c) Jose Cordova's money.
(d) Billy Burt's mare.
12. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is graceful.
(b) She is infinitely interesting.
(c) She is childlike.
(d) She is intelligent.
13. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's nonrepresentational.
(b) It's unskilled.
(c) It's different from Set's other work.
(d) It's disturbing.
14. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) J.W. Bell.
(d) Bob Olinger.
15. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the part of literature that endures.
(b) It is the beginning and the end.
(c) It is the beginning.
(d) It is the end result.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
2. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
3. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
4. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
5. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)