|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
(a) He is not absolutely sure that he can speak.
(b) He doesn't want to tell the story of the bear.
(c) He doesn't want to speak to anyone.
(d) He doesn't want to confess that he is sick.
2. How did the people feel when they saw the stars after the others disappeared?
(b) Respectful, even reverent.
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) The flight of an eagle.
(b) Dog running.
(c) Kope-mah's chanting.
(d) Grey running.
4. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
(b) The medicine man.
(c) The strangers.
(d) The parents.
5. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(b) One hundred.
6. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
7. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
8. What is a hogleg?
(a) A trick.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sandwich.
9. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
(a) He was passionate and wild.
(b) He was arrogant and rude.
(c) He was careless and dispassionate.
(d) He was violent.
10. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
(a) Murphy's Law.
(c) Murphy's Pig.
(d) Murphy's Own.
11. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
(a) The image in the glass will not move.
(b) Set's right eye is his left eye.
(c) The image in the glass is a portrait.
(d) The image in the glass seems older.
12. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A knife.
(b) A note.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pin.
13. How old is Set?
14. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
15. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) On horseback.
(b) At the outhouse.
(c) In the courthouse.
(d) In jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
2. What is a bee-wolf?
3. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
4. What does Set dream of losing in the woods?
5. What happened after the strange boy appeared and disappeared?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)