|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dog?
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Dog running.
(b) Grey running.
(c) Kope-mah's chanting.
(d) The flight of an eagle.
3. Who raped Grey?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Dwight Dicks.
(c) Murphy Dicks.
(d) Worcester Meat.
4. How old is Set?
5. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's different from Set's other work.
(b) It's disturbing.
(c) It's unskilled.
(d) It's nonrepresentational.
6. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
(a) Crazed excitement.
(b) Ferocious anger.
(d) Nothing whatever.
7. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the outhouse.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In the courthouse.
8. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(d) One hundred.
9. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(b) An ancient name for a bear.
(c) A Native American name for a wolf.
(d) A female wolf.
10. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They became quarrelsome.
(b) Their group was divided.
(c) They moved to the mountains.
(d) The seasons changed.
11. What is a hogleg?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A gun.
(c) A trick.
(d) A knife.
12. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is graceful.
(b) She is childlike.
(c) She is intelligent.
(d) She is infinitely interesting.
13. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
(a) She had something important to give him.
(b) She would teach him Kiowa stories.
(c) She would tell him about his parents.
(d) She would teach him to ride.
14. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
(a) He is difficult., but teachable.
(b) He is the best.
(c) He is uncontrollable.
(d) He is the best she could get.
15. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
(a) He is heartbroken.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
2. Why was the Piegan camp troubled when the unknown boy came to their camp, then disappeared?
3. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
4. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
5. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)