Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
(d) Horse racing.
2. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
(c) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
(d) Kope'mah's physician.
3. What is "Indian time?"
(a) Everyone is late.
(b) Daylight Savings Time.
(c) Things happen as they happen.
(d) There is no such thing as time.
4. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) They were too young to forage.
(c) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(d) They were running, not walking.
5. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
(a) That the man in the paintingwill be appreciated by critics.
(b) That the painting will be worth a great deal of money.
(c) That the man in the painting will be better lighted.
(d) That the man in the painting will have been transformed.
6. What happened after the strange boy appeared and disappeared?
(a) Dogs disappeared from the camp.
(b) Bears came into the camp.
(c) The boy came back to the camp.
(d) Girls disappeared from the camp.
7. How old is Set?
8. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
(a) He goes out for chowder.
(b) He has an omelet at Joe's.
(c) He takes a shower.
(d) He answers the phone.
9. What do the Piegan feel when it is suggested to them that the strange boy was really a bear?
10. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(b) They allow children to wander in the woods.
(c) No one accompanied the children.
(d) They force children to forage for food.
11. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it represented part of herself.
(b) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
(c) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
(d) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
12. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Bertha Yazzie.
(c) Jessie Mottledmare.
(d) Billy the Kid.
13. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Kiowa and Sioux.
(b) Navajo and Cree.
(c) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
(d) Kiowa and Navajo.
14. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
(a) His father, Cate.
(b) Sister Stella Francesca.
15. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
(d) Art critics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Murphy Dicks?
2. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
3. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
4. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
5. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)