|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
(a) She would teach him to ride.
(b) She would teach him Kiowa stories.
(c) She would tell him about his parents.
(d) She had something important to give him.
2. How old is Grey?
3. Who is Cate?
(a) Another name for Set.
(b) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's grandfather
(c) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's father.
(d) Another name for Kope'mah.
4. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
(a) He is the best.
(b) He is uncontrollable.
(c) He is difficult., but teachable.
(d) He is the best she could get.
5. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 16.
(b) July 15.
(c) July 13.
(d) July 14.
6. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one accompanied the children.
(b) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(c) They allow children to wander in the woods.
(d) They force children to forage for food.
7. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
(a) Murphy's Law.
(c) Murphy's Own.
(d) Murphy's Pig.
8. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was seven.
(b) He was twenty-seven.
(c) He was seventeen.
(d) He was a newborn.
9. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's disturbing.
(b) It's unskilled.
(c) It's nonrepresentational.
(d) It's different from Set's other work.
10. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Kiowa and Navajo.
(b) Navajo and Cree.
(c) Kiowa and Sioux.
(d) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
11. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To the creek.
(b) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(c) To Kope'mah's grave.
(d) To Grey's house.
12. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
13. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
(a) He's a locus of quiet.
(b) He represents Everyman.
(c) He's at a still point.
(d) He's about to be transformed.
14. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy has become a bear.
(b) They're having a foot race.
(c) They're playing a game.
(d) The boy is being mean to them.
15. How does Set feel as he comes to the Indian encampment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
2. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
3. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
4. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
5. What is a bee-wolf?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)