|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
(a) He was careless and dispassionate.
(b) He was arrogant and rude.
(c) He was violent.
(d) He was passionate and wild.
2. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is infinitely interesting.
(b) She is graceful.
(c) She is childlike.
(d) She is intelligent.
3. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) They're playing a game.
(b) The boy is being mean to them.
(c) They're having a foot race.
(d) The boy has become a bear.
4. How old is Murphy Dicks?
5. How does Set feel as he comes to the Indian encampment?
6. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They cheered.
(b) They hid.
(c) They chased him.
(d) They didn't find out until much later.
7. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
(a) His father, Cate.
(b) Sister Stella Francesca.
8. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 15.
(b) July 16.
(c) July 13.
(d) July 14.
9. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was seven.
(b) He was twenty-seven.
(c) He was seventeen.
(d) He was a newborn.
10. How old was Set when his father died?
(a) He was twenty-seven.
(b) He was seven.
(c) He was a newborn.
(d) He was seventeen.
11. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
(a) Is he the one for me?
(b) Is he related to us?
(c) Will he return?
(d) Is he the bear?
12. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
13. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Grey's house.
(b) To Kope'mah's grave.
(c) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(d) To the creek.
14. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
(a) The image in the glass will not move.
(b) The image in the glass is a portrait.
(c) The image in the glass seems older.
(d) Set's right eye is his left eye.
15. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(c) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
2. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
3. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
4. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
5. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)