|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They moved to the mountains.
(b) They became quarrelsome.
(c) Their group was divided.
(d) The seasons changed.
2. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
(b) Sister Stella Francesca.
(d) His father, Cate.
3. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) They're having a foot race.
(b) The boy is being mean to them.
(c) They're playing a game.
(d) The boy has become a bear.
4. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
5. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's different from Set's other work.
(b) It's disturbing.
(c) It's nonrepresentational.
(d) It's unskilled.
6. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
(c) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
(d) Kope'mah's physician.
7. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was twenty-seven.
(b) He was seventeen.
(c) He was a newborn.
(d) He was seven.
8. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
(a) The galaxy earth is a part of.
(b) Set's memory of his mother.
(c) Ursa Major.
(d) Set's first art piece.
9. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
(b) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
(c) She felt it represented part of herself.
(d) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
10. Who is Deluvina Maxwell?
(a) A friend of Kope'mah.
(b) A Navajo servant.
(c) One of the seven sisters.
(d) Grey's mother.
11. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is hostile.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is not interested in him.
(d) She is like a boy.
12. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) The rodeo announcer.
(b) His father.
(c) A coward.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
13. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
(d) Horse racing.
14. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Kope'mah's grave.
(b) To Grey's house.
(c) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(d) To the creek.
15. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is intelligent.
(b) She is graceful.
(c) She is infinitely interesting.
(d) She is childlike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
2. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
3. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
4. What does Jason love best?
5. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)