|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the medicine bundle?
2. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
3. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 15.
(b) July 16.
(c) July 14.
(d) July 13.
4. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
(a) Because Kope'mah confided in Grey.
(b) Because Grey was more beautiful.
(c) Because Billy the Kid knew Grey.
(d) Because Grey had the honor of caring for Kope'mah.
5. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
(a) They seemed innumerable.
(b) They seemed to move slowly but covered ground quickly.
(c) They seemed noble and majestic.
(d) They seemed to leave no mark on the scene.
6. How old is Murphy Dicks?
7. Who is Cate?
(a) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's grandfather
(b) Another name for Kope'mah.
(c) Another name for Set.
(d) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's father.
8. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
(b) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
(c) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
(d) Learned the Pony Express mount.
9. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
(a) They require one who is consecrated to the task.
(b) They require solitude and darkness.
(c) They require the slaughter of animals.
(d) They require weird ingredients.
10. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(c) One hundred.
11. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(b) To the creek.
(c) To Kope'mah's grave.
(d) To Grey's house.
12. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
(a) "Centaur in the Dark."
(b) "Window in the Dark."
(c) "Night Window Man."
(d) "Girl on Horseback."
13. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
14. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
(b) Nothing whatever.
(c) Crazed excitement.
(d) Ferocious anger.
15. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is not interested in him.
(c) She is hostile.
(d) She is like a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
2. How old was Set when his mother died?
3. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
4. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
5. What is a hogleg?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)