|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the medicine bundle?
2. What does the wise man advise the people to do with the boy's story?
(a) Change him into a werewolf.
(b) Change him into a dog.
(c) Change him into a bear.
(d) Change him into a wolf.
3. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
(a) "Window in the Dark."
(b) "Girl on Horseback."
(c) "Centaur in the Dark."
(d) "Night Window Man."
4. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 13.
(b) July 14.
(c) July 16.
(d) July 15.
5. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
(a) That the man in the painting will be better lighted.
(b) That the man in the paintingwill be appreciated by critics.
(c) That the man in the painting will have been transformed.
(d) That the painting will be worth a great deal of money.
6. What does Jason love best?
(b) Producing art.
(c) Making money.
(d) Fine art.
7. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) His father.
(b) The rodeo announcer.
(c) A coward.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
8. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
(a) The strangers.
(b) The parents.
(d) The medicine man.
9. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
(a) Set himself.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A dwarf.
10. Who is Cate?
(a) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's grandfather
(b) Another name for Kope'mah.
(c) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's father.
(d) Another name for Set.
11. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(b) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(c) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(d) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
12. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(a) An unexpected confidence.
(c) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(d) An unaccountable fear.
13. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
14. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Kope'mah's grave.
(b) To Grey's house.
(c) To the creek.
(d) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
15. How old is Grey?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose death does the story begin?
2. What is a hogleg?
3. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
4. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
5. What happened after the strange boy appeared and disappeared?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)