|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grey go to the cemetery to ask her grandmother about Set?
(a) Is he related to us?
(b) Is he the one for me?
(c) Will he return?
(d) Is he the bear?
2. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
3. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The American Book Award.
(d) The National Book Award.
4. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He loses it on a bet.
(b) It runs away from him.
(c) He trades it for sex with Grey.
(d) He sells it to Grey.
5. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams the bear kills her.
(b) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(c) She dreams she kills the bear.
(d) She dreams the bear carries her away.
6. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
(a) Because Grey had the honor of caring for Kope'mah.
(b) Because Grey was more beautiful.
(c) Because Kope'mah confided in Grey.
(d) Because Billy the Kid knew Grey.
7. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
(c) Sister Stella Francesca.
(d) His father, Cate.
8. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(b) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(c) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(d) The bear scratched it with his claws.
9. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's nonrepresentational.
(b) It's disturbing.
(c) It's unskilled.
(d) It's different from Set's other work.
10. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) Alejandro Segura.
(b) Pete Maxwell.
(c) John Poe.
(d) Billy the Kid.
11. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Jessie Mottledmare.
(b) Bertha Yazzie.
(c) Billy the Kid.
12. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
(a) They require solitude and darkness.
(b) They require weird ingredients.
(c) They require one who is consecrated to the task.
(d) They require the slaughter of animals.
13. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
(a) She had something important to give him.
(b) She would tell him about his parents.
(c) She would teach him Kiowa stories.
(d) She would teach him to ride.
14. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
(b) Praise and celebrity.
15. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) They force children to forage for food.
(b) No one accompanied the children.
(c) They allow children to wander in the woods.
(d) No one is worried about the children's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henry McCarty?
2. How old is Set?
3. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
4. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
5. Who is Deluvina Maxwell?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)