|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(a) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(b) An unaccountable fear.
(d) An unexpected confidence.
2. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
(b) Murphy's Pig.
(c) Murphy's Own.
(d) Murphy's Law.
3. How old is Murphy Dicks?
4. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
(a) Ferocious anger.
(b) Crazed excitement.
(c) Nothing whatever.
5. How old is Grey?
6. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) A coward.
(b) Perfecto Atole.
(c) His father.
(d) The rodeo announcer.
7. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A friend.
(b) A blessing.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A riddle.
8. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She had a vision of the bear.
(b) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(c) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(d) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
9. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(b) One hundred.
10. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(b) She dreams she kills the bear.
(c) She dreams the bear carries her away.
(d) She dreams the bear kills her.
11. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) It runs away from him.
(b) He loses it on a bet.
(c) He sells it to Grey.
(d) He trades it for sex with Grey.
12. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
(a) Praise and celebrity.
13. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Kope'mah's physician.
(c) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
(d) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
14. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They chased him.
(b) They cheered.
(c) They hid.
(d) They didn't find out until much later.
15. How old is Dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after the strange boy appeared and disappeared?
2. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
3. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
4. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
5. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)