|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(b) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(c) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(d) Hunters scored it with their spears.
2. What is "Indian time?"
(a) Daylight Savings Time.
(b) Things happen as they happen.
(c) There is no such thing as time.
(d) Everyone is late.
3. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
(a) Perfecto Atole.
(b) The bear himself.
4. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
5. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
(a) Set's memory of his mother.
(b) The galaxy earth is a part of.
(c) Ursa Major.
(d) Set's first art piece.
6. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
7. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) The seasons changed.
(b) They became quarrelsome.
(c) Their group was divided.
(d) They moved to the mountains.
8. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) Dwight Dicks.
(c) Murphy Dicks.
(d) Billy the Kid.
9. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(a) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(c) An unexpected confidence.
(d) An unaccountable fear.
10. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Navajo and Cree.
(b) Kiowa and Navajo.
(c) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
(d) Kiowa and Sioux.
11. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They cheered.
(b) They didn't find out until much later.
(c) They chased him.
(d) They hid.
12. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
(a) He's at a still point.
(b) He represents Everyman.
(c) He's about to be transformed.
(d) He's a locus of quiet.
13. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is like a boy.
(b) She is hostile.
(c) She is not interested in him.
(d) She is beautiful.
14. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the outhouse.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In the courthouse.
15. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's nonrepresentational.
(b) It's different from Set's other work.
(c) It's disturbing.
(d) It's unskilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Set?
2. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
3. Who is Deluvina Maxwell?
4. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
5. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)