|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 14.
(b) July 16.
(c) July 13.
(d) July 15.
2. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
(a) He doesn't want to tell the story of the bear.
(b) He doesn't want to confess that he is sick.
(c) He doesn't want to speak to anyone.
(d) He is not absolutely sure that he can speak.
3. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) A Native American name for a wolf.
(b) A female wolf.
(c) An ancient name for a bear.
(d) An ancient name for a werewolf.
4. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Kope'mah's grave.
(b) To Grey's house.
(c) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(d) To the creek.
5. Who was the only member of the tribe to grieve the loss of the children who had disappeared?
(a) The strangers.
(c) The medicine man.
(d) The parents.
6. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To graze.
(b) To rest.
(c) To warn her of danger.
(d) To answer her call.
7. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) A coward.
(b) The rodeo announcer.
(c) His father.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
8. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
9. How old is Grey?
10. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
(a) The image in the glass seems older.
(b) The image in the glass will not move.
(c) The image in the glass is a portrait.
(d) Set's right eye is his left eye.
11. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
(a) Set's first art piece.
(b) The galaxy earth is a part of.
(c) Ursa Major.
(d) Set's memory of his mother.
12. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
13. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is heartbroken.
14. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
(a) Nothing whatever.
(c) Crazed excitement.
(d) Ferocious anger.
15. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
(a) Jose Cordova's horse.
(b) Billy Burt's money.
(c) Jose Cordova's money.
(d) Billy Burt's mare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
2. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
3. With whose death does the story begin?
4. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
5. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)