|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(b) They force children to forage for food.
(c) No one accompanied the children.
(d) They allow children to wander in the woods.
2. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
3. How old is Set?
4. What is a hogleg?
(a) A trick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A gun.
5. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They moved to the mountains.
(b) Their group was divided.
(c) The seasons changed.
(d) They became quarrelsome.
6. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was a newborn.
(b) He was seventeen.
(c) He was twenty-seven.
(d) He was seven.
7. How old is Dog?
8. Who raped Grey?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) Murphy Dicks.
(c) Dwight Dicks.
(d) Billy the Kid.
9. What color is the medicine bundle?
10. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They didn't find out until much later.
(b) They chased him.
(c) They cheered.
(d) They hid.
11. Who does Grey live with?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) She lives alone.
(d) Jessie Mottledmare.
12. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A gun.
(b) A note.
(c) A pin.
(d) A knife.
13. What do the Piegan feel when it is suggested to them that the strange boy was really a bear?
14. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
(a) She is like a boy.
(b) She is not interested in him.
(c) She is hostile.
(d) She is beautiful.
15. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
(a) Jose Cordova's horse.
(b) Jose Cordova's money.
(c) Billy Burt's money.
(d) Billy Burt's mare.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
2. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
3. What is a bee-wolf?
4. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
5. How old was Set when his father died?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)