|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
(a) Set's first art piece.
(b) Set's memory of his mother.
(c) The galaxy earth is a part of.
(d) Ursa Major.
2. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is graceful.
(b) She is infinitely interesting.
(c) She is childlike.
(d) She is intelligent.
3. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A knife.
(b) A note.
(c) A pin.
(d) A gun.
4. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the part of literature that endures.
(b) It is the beginning and the end.
(c) It is the end result.
(d) It is the beginning.
5. What is "Indian time?"
(a) Everyone is late.
(b) Things happen as they happen.
(c) There is no such thing as time.
(d) Daylight Savings Time.
6. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
(a) They seemed noble and majestic.
(b) They seemed to move slowly but covered ground quickly.
(c) They seemed innumerable.
(d) They seemed to leave no mark on the scene.
7. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
8. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
(a) Murphy's Own.
(b) Murphy's Law.
(c) Murphy's Pig.
9. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was a newborn.
(b) He was twenty-seven.
(c) He was seventeen.
(d) He was seven.
10. What does Jason love best?
(a) Fine art.
(b) Producing art.
(d) Making money.
11. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's unskilled.
(b) It's different from Set's other work.
(c) It's nonrepresentational.
(d) It's disturbing.
12. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) The rodeo announcer.
(b) Perfecto Atole.
(c) His father.
(d) A coward.
13. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Kiowa and Navajo.
(b) Navajo and Cree.
(c) Kiowa and Sioux.
(d) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
14. What happened after the strange boy appeared and disappeared?
(a) Dogs disappeared from the camp.
(b) Bears came into the camp.
(c) The boy came back to the camp.
(d) Girls disappeared from the camp.
15. How old was Set when his father died?
(a) He was seven.
(b) He was seventeen.
(c) He was a newborn.
(d) He was twenty-seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Luke?
2. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
3. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
4. What is a bee-wolf?
5. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)