|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Grey?
2. Who raped Grey?
(a) Worcester Meat.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Dwight Dicks.
(d) Murphy Dicks.
3. What does Jason love best?
(a) Making money.
(b) Producing art.
(c) Fine art.
4. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
5. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They hid.
(b) They didn't find out until much later.
(c) They chased him.
(d) They cheered.
6. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(b) She dreams she kills the bear.
(c) She dreams the bear kills her.
(d) She dreams the bear carries her away.
7. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(c) Lakota Sioux.
8. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
(a) It was deprived.
(b) It was idyllic.
(c) It was dirty and ignorant.
(d) It was frightening.
9. What did Billy the Kid return as promised?
(a) Jose Cordova's horse.
(b) Billy Burt's mare.
(c) Billy Burt's money.
(d) Jose Cordova's money.
10. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Grey's house.
(b) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(c) To the creek.
(d) To Kope'mah's grave.
11. What is "Indian time?"
(a) Things happen as they happen.
(b) Daylight Savings Time.
(c) There is no such thing as time.
(d) Everyone is late.
12. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(a) One hundred.
13. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The National Book Award.
(c) The American Book Award.
(d) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
14. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
(a) That the man in the paintingwill be appreciated by critics.
(b) That the man in the painting will have been transformed.
(c) That the painting will be worth a great deal of money.
(d) That the man in the painting will be better lighted.
15. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
(b) A dwarf.
(c) Set himself.
(d) A centaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
3. How old is Murphy Dicks?
4. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)