|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2, An Awful Quiet Is in His Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
(a) He is temporarily addled.
(b) He is curable.
(c) He will recover quickly.
(d) He is dangerously self-centered.
2. What does Set have to learn to converse with Lela?
(b) To speak frankly.
(d) An oblique, proper form of conversation.
3. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
(a) Cultivated crops.
(c) Tamed animals.
(d) Charred wood and bones.
4. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The American Book Award.
(d) The National Book Award.
5. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murphy lose his horse?
2. How long is Set hospitalized?
3. What is "Indian time?"
4. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
5. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)