|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2, An Awful Quiet Is in His Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
(a) They seemed noble and majestic.
(b) They seemed innumerable.
(c) They seemed to leave no mark on the scene.
(d) They seemed to move slowly but covered ground quickly.
2. Who is Cate?
(a) Another name for Kope'mah.
(b) Another name for Set.
(c) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's grandfather
(d) Catlin Setmaunt, Set's father.
3. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
(c) Senora Archuleta.
(d) Himself as a boy.
4. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were too young to forage.
(b) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(c) They were running, not walking.
(d) There was plenty of food in the camp.
5. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Invents a speech.
(b) Buys a speech.
(c) Memorizes a speech.
(d) Writes a speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
2. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
3. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
4. What do the Piegan feel when it is suggested to them that the strange boy was really a bear?
5. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)