|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2, An Awful Quiet Is in His Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Set do each night?
(a) He waits patiently for the day to end.
(b) He opens the medicine bundle.
(c) He watches television.
(d) He goes for a run.
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Dog running.
(b) The flight of an eagle.
(c) Grey running.
(d) Kope-mah's chanting.
3. How do the hospital staff treat Set?
(a) With kindness and understanding.
(b) With tact and condescension.
(c) With disregard.
(d) With disrespect.
4. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) They force children to forage for food.
(b) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(c) No one accompanied the children.
(d) They allow children to wander in the woods.
5. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The National Book Award.
(c) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(d) The American Book Award.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
2. How does Set begin his recovery from the brink of madness?
3. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
4. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
5. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)