|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2, An Awful Quiet Is in His Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
(a) Tsoai, the giant tree turned to stone.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The endless spaces.
(d) The horizon.
2. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(a) Bertha Yazzie.
(c) Jessie Mottledmare.
(d) Billy the Kid.
3. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
4. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He loses it on a bet.
(b) He sells it to Grey.
(c) He trades it for sex with Grey.
(d) It runs away from him.
5. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child was an impossibility.
(b) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(c) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(d) The child faded away before their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wise man advise the people to do with the boy's story?
2. What is a hogleg?
3. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
4. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
5. What did Set look for in the garden when he was a child?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)