|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 24, This Matter of Having No Name Is Perhaps the Center of the Story | Book 1, Chapter 25, The Bear Comes Forth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) Kope'mah's physician.
(b) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
(c) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
(d) Billy the Kid.
2. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
(d) Praise and celebrity.
3. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
(a) They seemed noble and majestic.
(b) They seemed to move slowly but covered ground quickly.
(c) They seemed to leave no mark on the scene.
(d) They seemed innumerable.
4. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
(b) She felt it represented part of herself.
(c) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
(d) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
5. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
(a) She would teach him to ride.
(b) She would tell him about his parents.
(c) She had something important to give him.
(d) She would teach him Kiowa stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
2. How old is Grey?
3. How does Murphy lose his horse?
4. What was the name of the first painting Lola Bourne bought from Set?
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)