|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 24, This Matter of Having No Name Is Perhaps the Center of the Story | Book 1, Chapter 25, The Bear Comes Forth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
2. What does Set think that Grey has more than beauty?
(a) She is childlike.
(b) She is infinitely interesting.
(c) She is intelligent.
(d) She is graceful.
3. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the beginning and the end.
(b) It is the part of literature that endures.
(c) It is the beginning.
(d) It is the end result.
4. Where does Set go when he wakes up in Mottledmares' house?
(a) To Kope'mah's grave.
(b) To Catlin Setmaunt's grave.
(c) To Grey's house.
(d) To the creek.
5. What does Lola think about the little man in the painting she buys?
(a) He's at a still point.
(b) He's about to be transformed.
(c) He represents Everyman.
(d) He's a locus of quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose death does the story begin?
2. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
3. How does Murphy lose his horse?
4. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
5. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)