|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 24, This Matter of Having No Name Is Perhaps the Center of the Story | Book 1, Chapter 25, The Bear Comes Forth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Dog running.
(b) Grey running.
(c) Kope-mah's chanting.
(d) The flight of an eagle.
2. Why was the Piegan camp troubled when the unknown boy came to their camp, then disappeared?
(a) He had become part of their story.
(b) They were afraid for his welfare.
(c) They had become fond of him.
(d) They suspected he was evil.
3. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
(a) She would tell him about his parents.
(b) She had something important to give him.
(c) She would teach him Kiowa stories.
(d) She would teach him to ride.
4. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To rest.
(b) To graze.
(c) To warn her of danger.
(d) To answer her call.
5. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They moved to the mountains.
(b) The seasons changed.
(c) Their group was divided.
(d) They became quarrelsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Set so startled when he meets Grey at the encampment?
2. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
3. With whose death does the story begin?
4. What was Dwight Dicks' name for Dog?
5. Who does Grey live with?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)