|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 24, This Matter of Having No Name Is Perhaps the Center of the Story | Book 1, Chapter 25, The Bear Comes Forth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(b) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(c) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(d) She had a vision of the bear.
2. What word does Dwight Dicks use to mean "excellent?"
3. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
(b) The bear himself.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
4. Who is Luke?
(a) A dog.
(b) A child.
(c) A horse.
(d) A Kiowa boy.
5. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams she kills the bear.
(b) She dreams the bear carries her away.
(c) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(d) She dreams the bear kills her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
2. How old was Set when his father died?
3. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
4. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
5. How old is Murphy Dicks?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)