|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 24, This Matter of Having No Name Is Perhaps the Center of the Story | Book 1, Chapter 25, The Bear Comes Forth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
(d) Praise and celebrity.
2. How old was Set when his father died?
(a) He was twenty-seven.
(b) He was seven.
(c) He was seventeen.
(d) He was a newborn.
3. What does Set feel as he accepts the medicine bundle?
(b) A confusion of past and present, reality and legend.
(c) An unexpected confidence.
(d) An unaccountable fear.
4. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
(a) It's disturbing.
(b) It's unskilled.
(c) It's different from Set's other work.
(d) It's nonrepresentational.
5. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
(a) Art critics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
3. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
4. Who told Set the story of the boy who turns into a bear?
5. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)