|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 24, This Matter of Having No Name Is Perhaps the Center of the Story | Book 1, Chapter 25, The Bear Comes Forth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He trades it for sex with Grey.
(b) He loses it on a bet.
(c) He sells it to Grey.
(d) It runs away from him.
2. How old was Set when his father died?
(a) He was seven.
(b) He was a newborn.
(c) He was twenty-seven.
(d) He was seventeen.
3. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) His father.
(b) The rodeo announcer.
(c) A coward.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
4. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To rest.
(b) To answer her call.
(c) To graze.
(d) To warn her of danger.
5. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
(a) Because Billy the Kid knew Grey.
(b) Because Grey had the honor of caring for Kope'mah.
(c) Because Kope'mah confided in Grey.
(d) Because Grey was more beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
2. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
3. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
4. Who is Cate?
5. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)