|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 24, This Matter of Having No Name Is Perhaps the Center of the Story | Book 1, Chapter 25, The Bear Comes Forth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Piegan camp troubled when the unknown boy came to their camp, then disappeared?
(a) He had become part of their story.
(b) They had become fond of him.
(c) They were afraid for his welfare.
(d) They suspected he was evil.
2. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They cheered.
(b) They hid.
(c) They chased him.
(d) They didn't find out until much later.
3. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Kope'mah's physician.
(d) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
4. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
5. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Kope-mah's chanting.
(b) The flight of an eagle.
(c) Dog running.
(d) Grey running.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the wise man advise the Piegan people to do about the disappearing boy?
2. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
3. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
4. With whose death does the story begin?
5. What promise had Grey made that preys on Set?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)