|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 20, It All Comes to Nothing | Book 1, Chapter 21, She Turns to the Painting Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
(b) She felt it represented part of herself.
(c) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
(d) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Kope-mah's chanting.
(b) The flight of an eagle.
(c) Grey running.
(d) Dog running.
3. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(b) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(c) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(d) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
4. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
(a) Praise and celebrity.
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
2. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
3. What is a bee-wolf?
4. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
5. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)