|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 20, It All Comes to Nothing | Book 1, Chapter 21, She Turns to the Painting Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The National Book Award.
(b) The American Book Award.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
2. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To graze.
(b) To rest.
(c) To warn her of danger.
(d) To answer her call.
3. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They became quarrelsome.
(b) The seasons changed.
(c) Their group was divided.
(d) They moved to the mountains.
4. How old is Murphy Dicks?
5. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Navajo and Cree.
(b) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
(c) Kiowa and Navajo.
(d) Kiowa and Sioux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Jason want to display the painting Lola Bourne buys?
2. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
3. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
4. When Grey was being raped, who does she imagine is making love to her?
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)