|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 20, It All Comes to Nothing | Book 1, Chapter 21, She Turns to the Painting Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(b) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(c) She had a vision of the bear.
(d) She danced in a Sun Dance.
2. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 15.
(b) July 14.
(c) July 13.
(d) July 16.
3. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They hid.
(b) They chased him.
(c) They didn't find out until much later.
(d) They cheered.
4. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The National Book Award.
(b) The American Book Award.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
5. Who is Henry McCarty?
(a) Kope'mah's physician.
(b) A physician in Trinidad, Colorado.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) The sheriff pursuing Billy the Kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Grey?
2. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
3. Who is Loki?
4. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
5. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)