|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He loses it on a bet.
(b) He trades it for sex with Grey.
(c) It runs away from him.
(d) He sells it to Grey.
2. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 15.
(b) July 13.
(c) July 16.
(d) July 14.
3. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
(a) Horse racing.
4. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A riddle.
(c) A friend.
(d) A blessing.
5. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(a) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
3. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
4. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
5. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)