|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(c) Lakota Sioux.
2. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The American Book Award.
(b) The National Book Award.
(c) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Grey running.
(b) The flight of an eagle.
(c) Dog running.
(d) Kope-mah's chanting.
4. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
5. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He sells it to Grey.
(b) It runs away from him.
(c) He trades it for sex with Grey.
(d) He loses it on a bet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
2. How old is Dog?
3. How old is Set?
4. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)