|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
(b) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
(c) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
(d) Learned the Pony Express mount.
2. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
3. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
(a) The rodeo announcer.
(b) A coward.
(c) His father.
(d) Perfecto Atole.
4. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
(a) They seemed to leave no mark on the scene.
(b) They seemed noble and majestic.
(c) They seemed to move slowly but covered ground quickly.
(d) They seemed innumerable.
5. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A gun.
(b) A note.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
2. What is a hogleg?
3. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
4. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
5. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)