|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He sells it to Grey.
(b) He loses it on a bet.
(c) It runs away from him.
(d) He trades it for sex with Grey.
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Grey running.
(b) Dog running.
(c) Kope-mah's chanting.
(d) The flight of an eagle.
3. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Navajo and Cree.
(b) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
(c) Kiowa and Sioux.
(d) Kiowa and Navajo.
4. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the beginning.
(b) It is the beginning and the end.
(c) It is the part of literature that endures.
(d) It is the end result.
5. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is heartbroken.
(d) He is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
2. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
3. How old is Grey?
4. What is a hogleg?
5. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)