|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Deluvina Maxwell?
(a) A Navajo servant.
(b) One of the seven sisters.
(c) Grey's mother.
(d) A friend of Kope'mah.
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy is being mean to them.
(b) The boy has become a bear.
(c) They're playing a game.
(d) They're having a foot race.
3. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She had a vision of the bear.
(b) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(c) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(d) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
4. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) Their group was divided.
(b) They moved to the mountains.
(c) The seasons changed.
(d) They became quarrelsome.
5. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
(a) He is difficult., but teachable.
(b) He is the best.
(c) He is uncontrollable.
(d) He is the best she could get.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
2. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
3. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
4. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
5. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)