|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(a) Lakota Sioux.
2. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
(b) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
(c) Learned the Pony Express mount.
(d) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
3. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) Alejandro Segura.
(b) John Poe.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Pete Maxwell.
4. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A riddle.
(b) A friend.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A blessing.
5. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
(b) Navajo and Cree.
(c) Kiowa and Navajo.
(d) Kiowa and Sioux.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dog?
2. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
3. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
4. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
5. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)