|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In the courthouse.
(c) In jail.
(d) At the outhouse.
2. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(b) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(c) They were running, not walking.
(d) They were too young to forage.
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Kope-mah's chanting.
(b) Grey running.
(c) Dog running.
(d) The flight of an eagle.
4. How old is Dog?
5. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(b) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(c) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(d) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
2. How old is Grey?
3. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
4. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
5. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)