|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) They were running, not walking.
(c) They were too young to forage.
(d) No one had called them to hunt for food.
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A gun.
(b) A note.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pin.
3. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) Pete Maxwell.
(b) John Poe.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Alejandro Segura.
4. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(b) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(c) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(d) Hunters scored it with their spears.
5. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
(b) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
(c) Learned the Pony Express mount.
(d) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
2. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
3. How does Murphy feel after he has lost the horse?
4. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
5. How does Murphy lose his horse?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)