|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) Their group was divided.
(b) They moved to the mountains.
(c) The seasons changed.
(d) They became quarrelsome.
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy has become a bear.
(b) They're playing a game.
(c) The boy is being mean to them.
(d) They're having a foot race.
3. How does Murphy lose his horse?
(a) He sells it to Grey.
(b) He loses it on a bet.
(c) It runs away from him.
(d) He trades it for sex with Grey.
4. Who is Deluvina Maxwell?
(a) One of the seven sisters.
(b) Grey's mother.
(c) A friend of Kope'mah.
(d) A Navajo servant.
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
2. How old is Dog?
3. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
4. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
5. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)