|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A note.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pin.
2. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) Alejandro Segura.
(b) John Poe.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Pete Maxwell.
3. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 16.
(b) July 14.
(c) July 15.
(d) July 13.
4. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
(a) He is uncontrollable.
(b) He is the best she could get.
(c) He is the best.
(d) He is difficult., but teachable.
5. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
(a) It was idyllic.
(b) It was dirty and ignorant.
(c) It was deprived.
(d) It was frightening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
2. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
3. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
4. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
5. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)