|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To answer her call.
(b) To rest.
(c) To graze.
(d) To warn her of danger.
2. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(b) They force children to forage for food.
(c) They allow children to wander in the woods.
(d) No one accompanied the children.
3. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
(a) They require one who is consecrated to the task.
(b) They require weird ingredients.
(c) They require the slaughter of animals.
(d) They require solitude and darkness.
4. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A friend.
(b) A blessing.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A riddle.
5. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) John Poe.
(b) Pete Maxwell.
(c) Alejandro Segura.
(d) Billy the Kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dog?
2. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
3. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
4. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
5. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)