|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
(b) Learned the Pony Express mount.
(c) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
(d) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
2. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the end result.
(b) It is the part of literature that endures.
(c) It is the beginning.
(d) It is the beginning and the end.
3. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
(c) Horse racing.
4. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(c) One hundred.
5. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it represented part of herself.
(b) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
(c) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
(d) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
2. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
3. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
4. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
5. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)