|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
(a) She felt it represented a world she didn't understand.
(b) She felt it represented part of herself.
(c) She felt it represented an unknown culture.
(d) She felt it was more beautiful than she.
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) The flight of an eagle.
(b) Dog running.
(c) Kope-mah's chanting.
(d) Grey running.
3. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 14.
(b) July 13.
(c) July 16.
(d) July 15.
4. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(b) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(c) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(d) Hunters scored it with their spears.
5. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To warn her of danger.
(b) To rest.
(c) To answer her call.
(d) To graze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
3. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
4. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)