|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A pin.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A note.
2. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
(d) Horse racing.
3. How old is Dog?
4. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A riddle.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A friend.
(d) An enemy.
5. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Kope-mah's chanting.
(b) Dog running.
(c) The flight of an eagle.
(d) Grey running.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
2. With whose death does the story begin?
3. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
4. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
5. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)