|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They hid.
(b) They chased him.
(c) They cheered.
(d) They didn't find out until much later.
2. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
(b) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
(c) Learned the Pony Express mount.
(d) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
3. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A riddle.
(b) A friend.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A blessing.
4. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She had a vision of the bear.
(b) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(c) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(d) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
5. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Grey?
2. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
3. What is a hogleg?
4. How old is Dog?
5. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)