|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy is being mean to them.
(b) They're having a foot race.
(c) They're playing a game.
(d) The boy has become a bear.
2. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
(a) Lakota Sioux.
3. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 16.
(b) July 14.
(c) July 13.
(d) July 15.
4. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She had a vision of the bear.
(b) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(c) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(d) She danced in a Sun Dance.
5. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A gun.
(b) A note.
(c) A pin.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
2. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
3. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
4. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
5. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)