|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To graze.
(b) To rest.
(c) To answer her call.
(d) To warn her of danger.
2. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
3. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They became quarrelsome.
(b) The seasons changed.
(c) They moved to the mountains.
(d) Their group was divided.
4. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) The flight of an eagle.
(b) Grey running.
(c) Dog running.
(d) Kope-mah's chanting.
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
2. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
3. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
4. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
5. What two cultures combine in Grey?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)