|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were running, not walking.
(b) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(c) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(d) They were too young to forage.
2. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
(a) They require solitude and darkness.
(b) They require weird ingredients.
(c) They require one who is consecrated to the task.
(d) They require the slaughter of animals.
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Kope-mah's chanting.
(b) Grey running.
(c) The flight of an eagle.
(d) Dog running.
4. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(b) They force children to forage for food.
(c) No one accompanied the children.
(d) They allow children to wander in the woods.
5. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A friend.
(d) A riddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
2. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
3. What two cultures combine in Grey?
4. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
5. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)