|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They didn't find out until much later.
(b) They chased him.
(c) They hid.
(d) They cheered.
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy is being mean to them.
(b) They're having a foot race.
(c) The boy has become a bear.
(d) They're playing a game.
3. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(b) One hundred.
4. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(b) They force children to forage for food.
(c) No one accompanied the children.
(d) They allow children to wander in the woods.
5. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To warn her of danger.
(b) To answer her call.
(c) To graze.
(d) To rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
2. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
3. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
4. With whose death does the story begin?
5. What two cultures combine in Grey?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)