|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A gun.
(b) A note.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pin.
3. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
(a) They require the slaughter of animals.
(b) They require weird ingredients.
(c) They require one who is consecrated to the task.
(d) They require solitude and darkness.
4. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(b) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(c) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(d) The bear scratched it with his claws.
5. How old is Grey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
2. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
4. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
5. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)