|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A note.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pin.
(d) A knife.
2. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) At the outhouse.
(b) In the courthouse.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In jail.
3. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They hid.
(b) They cheered.
(c) They didn't find out until much later.
(d) They chased him.
4. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
(a) It was frightening.
(b) It was idyllic.
(c) It was dirty and ignorant.
(d) It was deprived.
5. What two cultures combine in Grey?
(a) Kiowa and Navajo.
(b) Kiowa and Sioux.
(c) Navajo and Cree.
(d) Blackfoot and Nez Perce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
2. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
4. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
5. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)