|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) They were too young to forage.
(b) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(c) They were running, not walking.
(d) No one had called them to hunt for food.
2. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The American Book Award.
(b) The Pulitzer Prize.
(c) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(d) The National Book Award.
3. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(b) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
(c) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(d) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
4. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
(b) Learned the Pony Express mount.
(c) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
(d) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
5. How old is Grey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
2. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
3. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
4. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)