|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) They're playing a game.
(b) The boy has become a bear.
(c) They're having a foot race.
(d) The boy is being mean to them.
2. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the part of literature that endures.
(b) It is the beginning and the end.
(c) It is the beginning.
(d) It is the end result.
3. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) Their group was divided.
(b) They became quarrelsome.
(c) The seasons changed.
(d) They moved to the mountains.
4. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The American Book Award.
(b) The National Book Award.
(c) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Grey grow up speaking?
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
3. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
4. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
5. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)