|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(b) No one accompanied the children.
(c) They allow children to wander in the woods.
(d) They force children to forage for food.
2. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) They moved to the mountains.
(b) Their group was divided.
(c) The seasons changed.
(d) They became quarrelsome.
3. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
(c) One hundred.
4. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) They're having a foot race.
(b) They're playing a game.
(c) The boy is being mean to them.
(d) The boy has become a bear.
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
2. What is a hogleg?
3. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
4. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
5. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)