|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) They were running, not walking.
(c) They were too young to forage.
(d) No one had called them to hunt for food.
2. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To graze.
(b) To answer her call.
(c) To warn her of danger.
(d) To rest.
3. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) In jail.
(b) In the courthouse.
(c) At the outhouse.
(d) On horseback.
4. Why did the singing and dancing among the Kiowa end?
(a) The seasons changed.
(b) They moved to the mountains.
(c) Their group was divided.
(d) They became quarrelsome.
5. Which tribe's myth forms the basis of this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
3. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
4. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
5. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)