|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8, They Are Too Far Away | Book 1, Chapter 9, She Fixes Him in an Evil-eye Stare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose death does the story begin?
(a) Pete Maxwell.
(b) John Poe.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Alejandro Segura.
2. According to the prologue, how did the giant rock Tsoai become lined?
(a) The bear scratched it with his claws.
(b) Hunters scored it with their spears.
(c) It was torn being pulled up from the earth.
(d) Water erosion made ditches down the sides.
3. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
(a) Horse racing.
4. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy has become a bear.
(b) The boy is being mean to them.
(c) They're having a foot race.
(d) They're playing a game.
5. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(b) She had a vision of the bear.
(c) She danced in a Sun Dance.
(d) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
2. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
3. What two cultures combine in Grey?
4. Why did the Kiowa doll fascinate Grey?
5. What is a hogleg?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)