|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 3, She Is Beautiful in Her Whole Being.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
(a) The bear stands against him.
(b) His Kiowa blood stands against him.
(c) His life as an orphan stands against him.
(d) His modern upbringing stands against him.
2. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
3. How does Set feel as he comes to the Indian encampment?
4. What does Grey believe will bring Set to her?
(a) The sheer strength of her will.
(b) His Kiowa blood.
(c) His need for understanding of his culture.
(d) The medicine bundle.
5. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(b) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(c) She had a vision of the bear.
(d) She danced in a Sun Dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
2. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
3. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
4. Why did the old wanderers consider the plains the most sacred of sacred grounds?
5. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)