|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 16, It Shines Like a Vague, Powdered Mask, Like a Skull | Book 1, Chapter 17, Remote as the Stars Are His Sentiments Just Now.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
(a) A riddle.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A friend.
(d) An enemy.
2. How old was Set when his mother died?
(a) He was seven.
(b) He was twenty-seven.
(c) He was a newborn.
(d) He was seventeen.
3. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) The flight of an eagle.
(b) Kope-mah's chanting.
(c) Grey running.
(d) Dog running.
4. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(b) She had a vision of the bear.
(c) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(d) She danced in a Sun Dance.
5. Why does Dog return to Grey after he gallops away?
(a) To rest.
(b) To warn her of danger.
(c) To answer her call.
(d) To graze.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
2. How old is Set?
3. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
4. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
5. What is a hogleg?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)