|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 16, It Shines Like a Vague, Powdered Mask, Like a Skull | Book 1, Chapter 17, Remote as the Stars Are His Sentiments Just Now.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a hogleg?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A trick.
(d) A knife.
2. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(b) A Native American name for a wolf.
(c) An ancient name for a bear.
(d) A female wolf.
3. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
(a) Tied thirteen calves in record time.
(b) Learned the Pony Express mount.
(c) Proclaimed herself mayor of Bote, Oklahoma.
(d) Won twenty-eight barrel races.
4. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They chased him.
(b) They hid.
(c) They cheered.
(d) They didn't find out until much later.
5. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) No one had called them to hunt for food.
(c) They were too young to forage.
(d) They were running, not walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
2. What passion had Perfecto Atole given Grey?
3. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
4. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
5. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)