|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 16, It Shines Like a Vague, Powdered Mask, Like a Skull | Book 1, Chapter 17, Remote as the Stars Are His Sentiments Just Now.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
(a) Art critics.
2. What was the date of Billy the Kid's death?
(a) July 16.
(b) July 14.
(c) July 13.
(d) July 15.
3. Where does Grey imagine she met Billy the Kid?
(a) In jail.
(b) In the courthouse.
(c) At the outhouse.
(d) On horseback.
4. What is a bee-wolf?
(a) A female wolf.
(b) A Native American name for a wolf.
(c) An ancient name for a werewolf.
(d) An ancient name for a bear.
5. What caused the butterflies to swarm up from the grass?
(a) Kope-mah's chanting.
(b) Grey running.
(c) The flight of an eagle.
(d) Dog running.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
3. How did Billy the Kid feel after shooting the two men?
4. How old is Kope'mah when she falls ill?
5. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)