|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 16, It Shines Like a Vague, Powdered Mask, Like a Skull | Book 1, Chapter 17, Remote as the Stars Are His Sentiments Just Now.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the townspeople react to Billy's escape?
(a) They cheered.
(b) They chased him.
(c) They didn't find out until much later.
(d) They hid.
2. What does Grey imagine she gave Billy the Kid in jail?
(a) A pin.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A note.
3. What is the strange, disinterested figure who approaches Kope'mah?
4. How did Koi-ehm-toya know the children were not foraging for food?
(a) There was plenty of food in the camp.
(b) They were running, not walking.
(c) They were too young to forage.
(d) No one had called them to hunt for food.
5. Why does Koi-ehm-toya think her people have grown careless?
(a) No one is worried about the children's safety.
(b) No one accompanied the children.
(c) They force children to forage for food.
(d) They allow children to wander in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
3. How old was Set when his mother died?
4. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
5. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)