|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1, How Can We Believe in the Child?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the bear do that was unusual?
(a) It came up to people gladly.
(b) It cried with the voice of a child.
(c) All of these.
(d) It ran on its hind legs.
2. Who is Loki?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) The child Set.
(d) A Kiowa boy.
3. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
(a) The bear came into the camp.
(b) A hunter shot the bear.
(c) Hunters returned from the woods with strange bear stories.
(d) The bear became a legend.
4. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
(a) Because Grey had the honor of caring for Kope'mah.
(b) Because Billy the Kid knew Grey.
(c) Because Grey was more beautiful.
(d) Because Kope'mah confided in Grey.
5. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(b) The child faded away before their eyes.
(c) The child was an impossibility.
(d) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
2. What does Set dream of losing in the woods?
3. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
4. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
5. Who is Henry McCarty?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)