|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1, How Can We Believe in the Child?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
2. Who does Grey want to imitate as a rider?
(b) Jessie Mottledmare.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Bertha Yazzie.
3. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
(a) A dog.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A badger.
(d) A wolf.
4. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A centaur.
(d) Set himself.
5. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
(a) They traded stories with Piegan traders.
(b) A Kiowa hunter married a Piegan woman who told the story.
(c) They made friends with some Piegan who told it.
(d) They captured a Piegan woman who told it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
2. What has the form of a wheel of burning glass?
3. What did the bear do that was unusual?
4. Who is Loki?
5. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)