|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1, How Can We Believe in the Child?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jessie Mottledmare jealous of Grey?
(a) Because Billy the Kid knew Grey.
(b) Because Grey had the honor of caring for Kope'mah.
(c) Because Kope'mah confided in Grey.
(d) Because Grey was more beautiful.
2. What expression does Grey learn was found in Billy the Kid's eyes?
(a) Nothing whatever.
(b) Ferocious anger.
(d) Crazed excitement.
3. Who is Loki?
(a) The child Set.
(b) A Kiowa boy.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
4. What does Set dream of losing in the woods?
(a) The boy who turns into a bear.
(b) His dog Luki.
(c) His adoptive father, Bent.
5. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(b) The child was an impossibility.
(c) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(d) The child faded away before their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
2. What did the old man say the child must be if not a bear?
3. Who is Henry McCarty?
4. What does Lola Bourne say she expects when she looks at the painting of the Night Window Man?
5. What does Alais Sancerre see in the painting "Venture Beyond Time"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)