|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sparser flip the car?
(a) On a construction site
(b) On the street
(c) In someone's garden
(d) On a highway
2. What is the name of Roberta's sister's husband?
(a) Philip Davis
(b) Glynn Franks
(c) David Benn
(d) Fred Gabel
3. Who does Roberta's behavior remind Clyde of?
(c) His mother
4. What does Clyde decide is important in a woman?
(a) Sense of humor
(b) Social standing
5. Who does Hortense always end up with on the trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clyde take Roberta for her abortion?
2. Who does Clyde's mother say is back in town?
3. Why has Roberta come to the lake?
4. Who does Roberta room with?
5. Why does Samuel invite Clyde for Christmas dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clyde try to appeal to his rich friends?
2. In what way does the landscape play an important part in chapter 29, book 1?
3. How do Clyde and Roberta get over their moral upbringings?
4. How does hotel life contradict what Clyde has previously been taught by his family?
5. Describe Roberta and Clyde's day out in chapter 18, book 2.
6. How do the Samuel Griffith family react to Clyde's popularity?
7. How does Dreiser show Clyde and Roberta's fragmented thoughts?
8. Why does Clyde appeal to Sondra?
9. In what way does Clyde keep his promise to Gilbert?
10. In what way have the defense created a strong case for Clyde's innocence?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)