|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sondra like doing?
(b) Spending time outdoors
(c) Going to the cinema
2. What room is Clyde asked to supervise?
(a) The factory floor
(b) The stamping room
(c) The dining room
(d) The changing room
3. Whose house is the Now and Then dance held at?
(a) Sondra Finchley's
(c) Jill Trumbull's
(d) Bella Griffith's
4. Where do the Griffith family perform their daily evangelism?
(c) Kansas City
5. Why does Clyde feel intimidated at the party?
(a) Too many rich people
(b) Because of the college talk
(c) Everyone is much older
(d) Too many pretty girls
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clyde's mother say is back in town?
2. Who does Clyde see whilst out shopping?
3. What does Clyde comment on to make her feel like a princess?
4. Who does Hortense always end up with on the trip?
5. Why is Rita wary of physical contact?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Clyde keep his promise to Gilbert?
2. What information does Clyde give the authorities?
3. In what way does the final chapter replay the opening chapter?
4. What part have truth and justice played in the novel?
5. What impression does Clyde give to the onlookers?
6. Why does Clyde find it so difficult to provide for his family?
7. Why does Clyde think Jephson is his last hope?
8. How is Clyde's moral upbring still apparent in chapter 17?
9. In what way is the political situation getting in the way of the trial?
10. How do Clyde and Roberta get over their moral upbringings?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)