|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rita wary of physical contact?
(a) She is worried about what people will think
(b) She won't be able to control herself
(c) She does not want her family to disown her
(d) She has been abused
2. Which of Clyde's fellow workers is the classy dresser?
(d) Eddie Doyle
3. What does Clyde comment on to make her feel like a princess?
(a) Her beauty
(b) Her kitchen
(c) Her clothes
(d) Her eyes
4. What does Clyde say when Rita admits she loves him?
(a) Why wouldn't you
(b) You are so sweet
(c) No one has ever said that to me
(d) You are a liar
5. What does Clyde have to do before Samuel and his family give him special privileges and social attention?
(a) Prove himself worthy of such attention
(b) Pass an intelligence test
(c) Earn over $100,000
(d) Get married
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hortense cut?
2. What does Sondra make for Clyde in chapter 32?
3. Where does Walter Dillard's uncle work?
4. Who does Hortense always end up with on the trip?
5. Who does Clyde see whilst out shopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jephson boost Clyde's courage?
2. How do social mores and class structure hold Clyde back?
3. What is Clyde's view of his relationship with Roberta?
4. Describe the death house.
5. Why does Mason ask for a special session of the grand jury?
6. In what way does the landscape play an important part in chapter 29, book 1?
7. Describe the Griffith family.
8. In what way does poverty benefit the prosecutions case?
9. In what way are Clyde's faults exposed in chapter 9, book two?
10. In what way does Clyde keep his promise to Gilbert?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)