|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberta tell Clyde in chapter 33?
(a) She wants to marry him
(b) She can't live without him
(c) She wants to leave New York
(d) She is pregnant
2. Where is the party Sondra invites Clyde to go to?
3. Where do the Griffith family perform their daily evangelism?
(b) Kansas City
4. How does Clyde get back at Roberta?
(a) Pays attention to other girls
(c) Slaps her
(d) Plays pratical jokes on her
5. Which of the Griffith's does Clyde fail to make an impression on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clyde think will impress Hortense about his current situation?
2. What girl does Clyde begin to lavish attention on?
3. Who does Clyde's mother say is back in town?
4. What activity does the religious community frown upon?
5. Who does Clyde become infatuated with at the Griffith's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gilbert not like Clyde?
2. How do Clyde and Roberta get over their moral upbringings?
3. In what way does Clyde keep his promise to Gilbert?
4. In what way does the final chapter replay the opening chapter?
5. How does Jephson boost Clyde's courage?
6. Why does the Governor grant Clyde a hearing?
7. What does Clyde hope to achieve in his new position?
8. What are Clyde's main worries?
9. How does Roberta and Clyde's relationship become even more complicated in book 2, chapter 38?
10. Why does Clyde befriend Miller Nicholson?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)