|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sondra invite Clyde to do at a later date?
(a) To go for a hike
(b) To go dancing
(c) To go to the cinema
(d) To go horseriding
2. What does Sparser say his job is?
(a) A receptionist
(b) A waiter
(c) A chauffeur
(d) A stock broker
3. Who does Gilbert think is responsible for Clyde's Christmas invitation?
4. What is the name of Roberta's sister's husband?
(a) David Benn
(b) Glynn Franks
(c) Philip Davis
(d) Fred Gabel
5. How does Clyde get back at Roberta?
(b) Pays attention to other girls
(c) Slaps her
(d) Plays pratical jokes on her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real price of the fur jacket?
2. What state is Oscar from?
3. Where does Clyde find employment when he is 16?
4. Where does Sparser flip the car?
5. Why is Rita wary of physical contact?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Clyde's behavior reflect American society?
2. Why does Heit get in contact with Orville Mason?
3. Why does Mason ask for a special session of the grand jury?
4. Describe how Clyde kills Roberta.
5. How do the two letters show the difference between Sondra and Roberta?
6. How so the strict social rules affect Roberta?
7. What does Clyde hope to achieve in his new position?
8. How does Roberta's moral upbringing affect her relationship with Clyde?
9. How does Dreiser use the crime to show the American class structure?
10. How do Clyde and Roberta get over their moral upbringings?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)