|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Clyde make on his first task at the hotel?
(a) 75 cent
(b) 10 cent
(c) 50 cent
(d) 35 cent
2. Whose house does Clyde start spending time at?
3. In what way does Clyde say he loves Roberta?
(a) A wonderful way
(b) A depressing way
(c) A weird way
(d) A obsessive way
4. What instrument does Esta play?
(a) A pump organ
(c) The spoons
(d) A guitar
5. What is the surname of Roberta's relatives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rita wary of physical contact?
2. What room is Clyde asked to supervise?
3. Which girl at Ratterer's house does Clyde take a liking to?
4. What does Clyde say when Rita admits she loves him?
5. What can factory girls never aspire to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the landscape play an important part in chapter 29, book 1?
2. Why does Mason ask for a special session of the grand jury?
3. How has Clyde's behavior affected those around him?
4. Why does Clyde accept McMillan's company?
5. How does Dreiser show Clyde and Roberta's fragmented thoughts?
6. How does Clyde's legal team begin their defense?
7. How do social mores and class structure hold Clyde back?
8. What are Clyde's parents opinion on his new job?
9. Describe Roberta and Clyde's day out in chapter 18, book 2.
10. What evidence does bring to the court in his opening statement?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)