|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roberta's behavior remind Clyde of?
(c) His mother
2. Who clings to Roberta and makes Clyde and Roberta's relationship difficult?
3. What is the name of the restaurant Clyde has dinner at?
4. Where do Clyde and Roberta dance?
(a) Studio 54
(b) Starlight Park
(c) Yellow Stone Park
5. What instrument does Esta play?
(a) A guitar
(c) The spoons
(d) A pump organ
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clyde decide is important in a woman?
2. What does Roberta tell Clyde in chapter 33?
3. Where does Walter Dillard's uncle work?
4. In what way does Clyde say he loves Roberta?
5. What does Hortense want to go with the fur jacket?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dreiser use the crime to show the American class structure?
2. What two taboos does Dreiser address in book 2, chapter 37?
3. Why does the Samuel Griffith family refuse Clyde's insanity plea?
4. In what way have the defense created a strong case for Clyde's innocence?
5. In what way does the landscape play an important part in chapter 29, book 1?
6. Describe the Griffith family.
7. In what way does Clyde's behavior reflect American society?
8. How do Clyde and Roberta get over their moral upbringings?
9. Why does Clyde find it so difficult to provide for his family?
10. How does Clyde's life change when he finds the job at the hotel?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)