|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Samuel invite Clyde for Christmas dinner?
(a) He wants to match him to his daughter Bella
(b) It would look bad if he did not
(c) He has proved himself
(d) He is one of their family
2. What does Sondra invite Clyde to do at a later date?
(a) To go to the cinema
(b) To go dancing
(c) To go horseriding
(d) To go for a hike
3. What does Clyde think will impress Hortense about his current situation?
(a) His new lodgings
(b) His smart overalls
(c) His salary
(d) His Uncle's status
4. Who clings to Roberta and makes Clyde and Roberta's relationship difficult?
5. What does Clyde say when Rita admits she loves him?
(a) No one has ever said that to me
(b) You are so sweet
(c) You are a liar
(d) Why wouldn't you
6. What is the name of the restaurant Clyde has dinner at?
7. Why does Clyde feel intimidated at the party?
(a) Too many pretty girls
(b) Because of the college talk
(c) Everyone is much older
(d) Too many rich people
8. What does Clyde comment on to make her feel like a princess?
(a) Her kitchen
(b) Her eyes
(c) Her clothes
(d) Her beauty
9. What does Sparser say his job is?
(a) A stock broker
(b) A chauffeur
(c) A receptionist
(d) A waiter
10. How much notice does Clyde have to give his uncle before he arrives?
(a) Ten days
(b) Three days
(c) Five days
(d) Two weeks
11. What is the real price of the fur jacket?
12. Where does Walter Dillard's uncle work?
(a) Stark and Company
(c) Stork and Crest
(d) Levy Pants
13. What state is Oscar from?
(b) New Jersey
(c) North Carolina
(d) New York
14. Who does Clyde see whilst out shopping?
(b) Jill Trumbull
(d) Bella Griffith
15. What is the name of Sparser's luxury vehicle?
(b) Jock mobile
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Roberta come to the lake?
2. For how money does Rubenstein try to sell the fur jacket?
3. What is the name of the Griffith's mission?
4. Which of Clyde's fellow workers is the classy dresser?
5. What kind of business does Clyde say his father owns?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)