|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sondra invite Clyde to do at a later date?
(a) To go horseriding
(b) To go for a hike
(c) To go to the cinema
(d) To go dancing
2. Where do Clyde and Roberta decide to find a doctor?
(a) Utica or Albany
(b) Los Angeles
(c) Delaware County
3. What does Hortense want to go with the fur jacket?
(a) A dress
(b) A handbag
(d) A hat
4. What does Clyde hope will happen once Roberta gets rid of the baby?
(a) He can marry Sondra
(b) She will be back to her old self
(c) She will leave him alone
(d) He can move back home
5. Where does Clyde visit at the beginning of chapter 34?
(b) Friends houses
(c) Drug stores
6. Which of Clyde's fellow workers is the classy dresser?
(b) Eddie Doyle
7. What does Clyde decide is important in a woman?
(b) Sense of humor
(d) Social standing
8. Who clings to Roberta and makes Clyde and Roberta's relationship difficult?
9. What is the surname of Roberta's relatives?
10. Who does Gilbert think is responsible for Clyde's Christmas invitation?
11. What is the name of Roberta's sister's husband?
(a) Philip Davis
(b) Glynn Franks
(c) Fred Gabel
(d) David Benn
12. What can factory girls never aspire to?
(a) A big house
(b) Men above them
13. Why does Clyde feel intimidated at the party?
(a) Too many rich people
(b) Everyone is much older
(c) Too many pretty girls
(d) Because of the college talk
14. Where does Samuel offer Clyde a job?
(a) At his factory
(b) In his office
(c) In his home
(d) On his oil rig
15. What town did Roberta first find a job in?
(a) Trippett Mills
(b) Kings Lyn
(c) Leighton Buzzard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clyde receive an invitation to attend?
2. Which of the Griffith's does Clyde fail to make an impression on?
3. How is Samuel related to Asa Griffith?
4. How much money does Clyde's mother ask him to help her raise?
5. What girl does Clyde begin to lavish attention on?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)