|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hortense cut?
(a) Her leg
(b) Her face
(c) Her stomach
(d) Her hand
2. Who does Roberta's behavior remind Clyde of?
(d) His mother
3. Who does Clyde see whilst out shopping?
(a) Jill Trumbull
(b) Bella Griffith
4. Why does Clyde feel intimidated at the party?
(a) Everyone is much older
(b) Too many pretty girls
(c) Too many rich people
(d) Because of the college talk
5. What does Ratterer order with his wine?
(a) Seltzer water
(b) French fries
6. Where does Clyde visit at the beginning of chapter 34?
(b) Friends houses
(d) Drug stores
7. What does Clyde comment on to make her feel like a princess?
(a) Her beauty
(b) Her eyes
(c) Her kitchen
(d) Her clothes
8. How much do the pills that Clyde buys cost?
9. Where does Ratterer tell Clyde he is from?
10. Why is Clyde worried about the pregnancy?
(a) He does not love her
(b) He has no money
(c) He is too immature
(d) He thinks Roberta will expose him
11. What state is Oscar from?
(a) New York
(b) North Carolina
(d) New Jersey
12. Where does Samuel offer Clyde a job?
(a) At his factory
(b) In his home
(c) On his oil rig
(d) In his office
13. Who clings to Roberta and makes Clyde and Roberta's relationship difficult?
14. What is Oscar's surname?
15. What does Sondra make for Clyde in chapter 32?
(a) Hot chocolate
(c) A cup of tea
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clyde find employment when he is 16?
2. How much money does Clyde's mother ask him to help her raise?
3. Where does Walter promise to take Clyde on Wednesday?
4. What can factory girls never aspire to?
5. Which of Clyde's fellow workers is the classy dresser?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)