|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real price of the fur jacket?
2. Who invites Clyde on a weekend outing?
(a) Gilbert Griffith
(b) Walter Dillard
(c) Samuel Grifftith
(d) Eddie Doyle
3. Who does Clyde become infatuated with at the Griffith's party?
(a) Bella Griffith
(b) Bertine Cranston
(c) Jane Philips
(d) Sondra Finchley
4. How much money does Clyde make on his first task at the hotel?
(a) 10 cent
(b) 35 cent
(c) 50 cent
(d) 75 cent
5. Why does Clyde feel intimidated at the party?
(a) Because of the college talk
(b) Too many pretty girls
(c) Too many rich people
(d) Everyone is much older
6. Where do Clyde and Roberta arrange a meeting?
(a) In a local bar
(b) In the next town
(c) Outside the factory
(d) At the end of Roberta's street
7. Who does Hortense always end up with on the trip?
8. What is the name of Clyde's rich uncle?
9. Where do the Griffith family perform their daily evangelism?
(b) Kansas City
10. Who does Clyde's mother say is back in town?
(b) Her ex-husband
(c) Mr. Rubenstein
(d) Her father
11. Where does Walter promise to take Clyde on Wednesday?
(a) The theater
(b) A strip club
(c) A church social
(d) A night club
12. What room is Clyde asked to supervise?
(a) The factory floor
(b) The dining room
(c) The stamping room
(d) The changing room
13. What does Clyde hope will happen once Roberta gets rid of the baby?
(a) He can move back home
(b) She will be back to her old self
(c) She will leave him alone
(d) He can marry Sondra
14. Where do Roberta and Clyde plan to meet?
15. Why has Roberta come to the lake?
(a) To drown
(b) To pick water lillies
(c) To go for a walk
(d) To swim
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roberta's behavior remind Clyde of?
2. What does Hortense want to go with the fur jacket?
3. What kind of business does Clyde say his father owns?
4. Where does Clyde visit to stave off loneliness?
5. Where is Hortense cut?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)