|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Roberta's sister's husband?
(a) Fred Gabel
(b) Philip Davis
(c) David Benn
(d) Glynn Franks
2. What does Clyde have to do before Samuel and his family give him special privileges and social attention?
(a) Prove himself worthy of such attention
(b) Pass an intelligence test
(c) Earn over $100,000
(d) Get married
3. Who does Clyde see whilst out shopping?
(c) Bella Griffith
(d) Jill Trumbull
4. What instrument does Esta play?
(a) A pump organ
(c) A guitar
(d) The spoons
5. Who does Clyde become infatuated with at the Griffith's party?
(a) Jane Philips
(b) Bertine Cranston
(c) Sondra Finchley
(d) Bella Griffith
6. Whose house does Clyde start spending time at?
7. Who does Roberta room with?
(b) Bella Griffiths
(c) Grace Marr
8. What does Sparser say his job is?
(a) A receptionist
(b) A waiter
(c) A chauffeur
(d) A stock broker
9. What can factory girls never aspire to?
(c) A big house
(d) Men above them
10. What state is Oscar from?
(a) North Carolina
(b) New York
(c) New Jersey
11. Why does Clyde not see Roberta on Christmas day?
(a) He has been invited to the Griffiths' house
(b) He has a cold
(c) He is hungover
(d) He is lost in the woods
12. What does Clyde long to be part of?
(a) The Newton family
(b) The Griffiths family
(c) The masons
(d) A church group
13. What is the real price of the fur jacket?
14. What does Clyde receive an invitation to attend?
(a) A Now and Then Dance
(b) A house party
(c) A fun fair
(d) A church picnic
15. How is Samuel related to Asa Griffith?
(a) He is her brother
(b) He is her second cousin
(c) He is her cousin
(d) He is her nephew
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sondra make for Clyde in chapter 32?
2. What room is Clyde asked to supervise?
3. Where does Samuel offer Clyde a job?
4. What town did Roberta first find a job in?
5. Where is the party Sondra invites Clyde to go to?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)