|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
2. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
3. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
4. Who helps Gabriel escape?
5. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
Essay Topic 1
Gabriel and Felix are brothers and in many ways they are polar opposites. In what ways are Gabriel and Felix opposites? In what ways are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
There are two main settings in the novel An Ice Cream War. In an essay, describe the settings of the novel and analyze the affect the setting will have on the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Boyd writes An Ice Cream War using shifting point of views. Describe Boyd's style in reference to point of view and analyze the effect of Boyd's use of a variety of point of views.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)