|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
2. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
3. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
4. What language does Aristedes speak?
5. From whose perspective is Part Three, Chapter Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interactions between Liesl and Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five.
2. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
3. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
4. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
5. What is "China Show?"
6. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
7. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
8. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
9. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
10. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In An Ice Cream War, Felix Cobb, the protagonist, can be described as a dynamic character because he evolves throughout the novel. Contrary to Felix is his brother, Gabriel. Gabriel is a static character because he remains the same, a dedicated soldier, throughout the novel. In an essay, examine the role of dynamic and static characters in the novel An Ice Cream War.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Charis commit suicide? What are the factors behind her choice? What does she think will happen if others know the truth about her infidelity? Is her decision a selfish one?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the title of the novel, "An Ice Cream War." What does that mean to you? Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)