|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
2. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
3. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
4. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
5. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
Essay Topic 1
In An Ice Cream War, Felix Cobb, the protagonist, can be described as a dynamic character because he evolves throughout the novel. Contrary to Felix is his brother, Gabriel. Gabriel is a static character because he remains the same, a dedicated soldier, throughout the novel. In an essay, examine the role of dynamic and static characters in the novel An Ice Cream War.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the title of the novel, "An Ice Cream War." What does that mean to you? Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
In Part Two, Chapter Sixteen, Charis writes two letters expressing her guilt to Felix and Gabriel. In Chapter Seventeen, Felix reflects on the letters and has a terrible feeling. He rushes to the pond and finds that Charis has committed suicide. How does Felix know something terrible has happened to Charis? What is Felix's response to his speculation about Charis? What is Felix's responsibility, if any, in Charis' suicide? What effect do you think this will have on Felix?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)