Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
2. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
3. What language does Aristedes speak?
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
5. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
Essay Topic 1
What do you know about William Boyd? How has his background influenced the writing of An Ice Cream War? Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
What genre or genres can An Ice Cream War be classified as? Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Major Bilderbeck is an enigmatic character who befriends Gabriel aboard a troop transport ship. His strange mannerisms, specifically his manner of laughing at things that other people do not find immediately funny, might indicate something of an amoral personality. In an essay, write a character analysis of Major Bilderbeck.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)