|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Liesel Von Bishop uncomfortable while traveling in Part One?
2. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
3. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
5. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabriel end up injured?
2. What benefit is Bilderbeck to Gabriel?
3. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
4. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
5. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
6. What happens on Charis and Gabriel's honeymoon?
7. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
8. What happens with the biplane in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
9. Describe how Felix and Holland react differently to the discrimination they face because they are not in military service.
10. How does Walter try to get his farm back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Major Bilderbeck is an enigmatic character who befriends Gabriel aboard a troop transport ship. His strange mannerisms, specifically his manner of laughing at things that other people do not find immediately funny, might indicate something of an amoral personality. In an essay, write a character analysis of Major Bilderbeck.
Essay Topic 2
Gabriel and Felix are brothers and in many ways they are polar opposites. In what ways are Gabriel and Felix opposites? In what ways are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
What is Felix's motivation for being in the war? Write an essay that analyzes the theme of redemption as related to Felix's motivation for serving in the war.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)