Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Walter to meet him?
2. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
3. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
4. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
5. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interactions between Liesl and Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five.
2. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
3. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
4. What changes between Charis and Felix at the end of Part Two, Chapter Ten?
5. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
6. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
7. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
8. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
9. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
10. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
What genre or genres can An Ice Cream War be classified as? Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
An Ice Cream War is about the effects of a European war on the people living in Africa. While the characters in the novel are of European descent, not much notice is given to the local Africans. In an essay, analyze the effect the war is having on the African people.
In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, Walter finally makes it back to his farm. It is in terrible condition, with feces all over. His baby daughter's grave is desecrated and he discovers that his decorticator is missing. What is the decorticator a symbol of?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)