Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Walter to meet him?
2. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
3. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
4. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
5. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interactions between Liesl and Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five.
2. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
3. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
4. What changes between Charis and Felix at the end of Part Two, Chapter Ten?
5. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
6. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
7. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
8. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
9. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
10. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the title of the novel, "An Ice Cream War." What does that mean to you? Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Boyd writes An Ice Cream War using shifting point of views. Describe Boyd's style in reference to point of view and analyze the effect of Boyd's use of a variety of point of views.
Essay Topic 3
In Part Two, Chapter Thirteen, it is revealed that Charis is having an affair with Gabriel's brother, Felix. Analyze Charis' justification for the affair and the comparison she makes between the two brothers.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)