|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
(a) An enemy attack.
(b) A large river.
(c) Lack of supplies.
(d) An African dictator.
2. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
(a) Cook meals.
(b) Serve as a translator.
(c) Organize supplies.
(d) Make maps.
3. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He is trampled.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is fired.
4. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
5. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Von Bishop's.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
2. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
3. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
4. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
5. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
2. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
3. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
4. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
5. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
6. What is "China Show?"
7. What is unusual about Felix's response to Lieutenant Loveday's death?
8. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
9. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
10. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)