|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Charis' lover?
(a) That he will lose Charis.
(b) That he is hurting Charis by making her feel guilty.
(c) That Gabriel will find out.
(d) That they will be caught.
2. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By foot.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By motorcycle.
3. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is trampled.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He is killed.
4. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 years.
5. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she cannot stay married to him.
(c) That she is returning to school.
(d) The details of her affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charis' affair begin?
2. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
3. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
4. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Sixteen?
5. How many miles is it from where Felix gets off the train to Kibongo?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)