|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
2. Where does Charis' affair begin?
(a) In the pool.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) By the pond.
(d) In the woods.
3. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Ignores it.
(b) Argues with it.
(c) Questions it.
(d) Follows it.
5. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
(a) Felix runs to her cottage.
(b) Felix burns the letter in anger.
(c) Felix continues to eat his breakfast.
(d) Felix returns to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
2. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
3. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
4. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
5. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
2. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
3. What does Walter find when he returns to his farm?
4. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
5. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
6. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
7. Describe Gabriel's journal.
8. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
9. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
10. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)