|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A wine cellar.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A dark wood shed.
(d) A jail cell.
2. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
3. Who is Charis having an affair with in Part Two, Chapter 13?
(b) No one.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Ignores it.
(b) Argues with it.
(c) Questions it.
(d) Follows it.
5. What worries Charis' lover?
(a) That they will be caught.
(b) That he is hurting Charis by making her feel guilty.
(c) That he will lose Charis.
(d) That Gabriel will find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
2. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
3. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
4. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
5. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
2. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
3. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
4. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
5. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
6. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
7. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
8. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
9. Describe Gabriel's journal.
10. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)