|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(b) The cause of the war.
(c) Getting out of the army.
2. What do the birds circling indicate?
(a) Something is dead.
(b) There is a tribe present.
(c) Humans have been in that location.
(d) A fire has been put out.
3. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He is trampled.
(d) He is fired.
4. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is an alcoholic.
(c) That she is psychotic.
(d) That she had an abortion.
5. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
2. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
3. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
4. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
5. How often does Charis write Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
2. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
3. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
4. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
5. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
6. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
7. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
8. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
9. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
10. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)