|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
2. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A poem.
(d) A ring.
3. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
4. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
5. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A jail cell.
(c) A wine cellar.
(d) A dark wood shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
2. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
3. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
4. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
5. What worries Charis' lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
2. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
3. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
4. Describe the interactions between Liesl and Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five.
5. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
6. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
7. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
8. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
9. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
10. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)