|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Charis' lover?
(a) That Gabriel will find out.
(b) That he will lose Charis.
(c) That he is hurting Charis by making her feel guilty.
(d) That they will be caught.
2. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
(a) Trip on a land mine.
(b) Leak a secret.
(c) Fire a weapon.
(d) Wreck a car.
3. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
4. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(c) Von Bishop.
5. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
(a) Organize supplies.
(b) Make maps.
(c) Cook meals.
(d) Serve as a translator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
2. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
3. What do the birds circling indicate?
4. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
5. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
2. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
3. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
4. Describe Gabriel's journal.
5. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
6. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
7. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
8. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
9. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
10. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)