|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
(a) While Liesl brings in food and water.
(b) By note passed under the door.
(c) Through tapping signals in the wall.
(d) Through a crack in the wall.
2. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
3. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(c) Von Bishop.
4. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday will do next.
(b) Where Loveday will go.
(c) What Loveday might have looked like.
(d) What Loveday might have said in French.
5. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
(a) Sergeant Gilzean.
(b) Officer Smith.
(d) Lieutenant Loveday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
2. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
3. From whose perspective is Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
4. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
5. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
2. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
3. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
4. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
5. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
6. Describe the interactions between Liesl and Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five.
7. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
8. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
9. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
10. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)