|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Sixteen?
2. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover kiss.
(b) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
(c) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
(d) Charis and her lover are caught.
3. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(b) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
(c) His severed head.
(d) His lifeless body.
4. How often does Charis write Gabriel?
5. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) Von Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Aristedes speak?
2. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
3. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
4. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
5. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "China Show?"
2. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
3. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
4. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
5. What does Walter find when he returns to his farm?
6. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
7. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
8. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
9. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
10. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)