|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By foot.
(b) By motorcycle.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
2. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(a) The cause of the war.
(b) Getting out of the army.
3. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
(a) A new infantry is coming to take over.
(b) Supplies are en route.
(c) The rainy season will begin.
(d) A peace agreement will be reached.
4. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is returning to school.
(c) That she cannot stay married to him.
(d) The details of her affair.
5. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
(a) Charis is relatively healthy.
(b) Charis is not feeling well.
(c) Charis is in perfect health.
(d) Charis has developed serious cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
2. In Part Four, what does Wheech-Browning bring in a truck?
3. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
4. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
5. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
2. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
3. Describe Gabriel's journal.
4. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
5. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
6. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
7. What is "China Show?"
8. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
9. What does Walter find when he returns to his farm?
10. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)