|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
(b) Charis and her lover kiss.
(c) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
(d) Charis and her lover are caught.
2. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
3. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
(a) One week.
(b) A day or two.
(c) Three or four days.
(d) Ten days.
4. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
(a) Walter and Wheech-Browning.
(d) Felix goes alone.
5. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
(a) He takes enemy fire.
(b) He steps on a mine.
(c) He leads the troops to the wrong location.
(d) He has an encounter with a rhino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
2. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
3. How does Felix get to Dar-es-Salaam?
4. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
5. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
2. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
3. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
4. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
5. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
6. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
7. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
8. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
9. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
10. Describe Gabriel's journal.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)