|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grave is desecrated at Walter's house in Part Two?
(a) Walter's wife.
(b) Walter's former servant.
(c) Walter's baby daughter.
(d) Walter's elderly mother.
2. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
(a) A heavy statue.
(b) The bench where they first kissed.
(c) The diving board.
(d) The rope swing.
3. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Major Jordan.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) Sergeant Gilzean.
(d) Lieutenant Loveday.
4. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
(a) Provides intelligence to the Germans.
(b) Plays cards with the other patients.
(c) Works as a janitor.
(d) Sneaks out to watch Liesl bathe.
5. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she is an alcoholic.
(c) That she is mentally unstable.
(d) That she is the victim of a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
2. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
3. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
4. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
5. Where is Sergeant Gilzean from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gabriel's journal.
2. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
3. What does Walter find when he returns to his farm?
4. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
5. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
6. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
7. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
8. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
9. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
10. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)