|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charis having an affair with in Part Two, Chapter 13?
(b) No one.
2. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Questions it.
(b) Ignores it.
(c) Argues with it.
(d) Follows it.
3. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
(a) News of Gabriel.
(b) News of Charis.
(c) News of Von Bishop's location.
(d) News of his father.
4. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
(a) The name of her lover.
(b) The location she is going to.
(c) Where she can be contacted.
(d) The amount of her debts.
5. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) A large battle in Africa.
(b) Gabriel and Liesl begin an affair.
(c) Gabriel and Felix find each other.
(d) Charis is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
2. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
3. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
4. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
5. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
2. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
3. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
4. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
5. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
6. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
7. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
8. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
9. What does Walter find when he returns to his farm?
10. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)