|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
(a) Sergeant Gilzean.
(b) Officer Smith.
(c) Lieutenant Loveday.
2. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover are caught.
(b) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
(c) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
(d) Charis and her lover kiss.
3. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(b) The cause of the war.
(c) Getting out of the army.
4. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) Von Bishop.
5. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(c) Spanish influenza.
(d) An attack by the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
2. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
3. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
4. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
5. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
2. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
3. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
4. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
5. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
6. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
7. What is "China Show?"
8. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
9. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
10. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)