|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
(b) East Africa.
2. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
(a) News of Von Bishop's location.
(b) News of Gabriel.
(c) News of Charis.
(d) News of his father.
3. What news does the British soldier arriving in German territory bring?
(a) That the Germans should retreat or face destruction.
(b) That the fighting continues in southern Africa.
(c) The war is over.
(d) That the Americans have entered the war.
4. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To stay with his comrades.
(b) To spy on the Germans.
(c) To defect to the other side.
(d) To not return to combat.
5. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
(a) Charis is relatively healthy.
(b) Charis has developed serious cancer.
(c) Charis is not feeling well.
(d) Charis is in perfect health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
2. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
3. What do the birds circling indicate?
4. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
5. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
2. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
3. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
4. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
5. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
6. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
7. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
8. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
9. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
10. What is unusual about Felix's response to Lieutenant Loveday's death?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)