|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Follows it.
(b) Ignores it.
(c) Questions it.
(d) Argues with it.
3. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Lieutenant Loveday.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) Major Jordan.
(d) Sergeant Gilzean.
4. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
(a) A day or two.
(b) One week.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three or four days.
5. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
(a) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a traitor.
(b) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe plays favorites.
(c) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is incompetent.
(d) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a brilliant surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
2. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
3. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
4. Where does Charis' affair begin?
5. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
2. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
3. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
4. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
5. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
6. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
7. Describe Gabriel's journal.
8. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
9. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
10. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)