|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose perspective is Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
2. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
(a) He steps on a mine.
(b) He has an encounter with a rhino.
(c) He takes enemy fire.
(d) He leads the troops to the wrong location.
3. In Part Four, what does Wheech-Browning bring in a truck?
(a) Bibles and prayer books.
(b) Food and water.
(d) Small artillery pieces.
4. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she is psychotic.
(d) That she is an alcoholic.
5. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she is the victim of a crime.
(c) That she is an alcoholic.
(d) That she is mentally unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
2. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
3. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
4. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
5. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
2. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
3. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
4. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
5. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
6. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
7. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
8. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
9. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
10. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)