|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
(a) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a brilliant surgeon.
(b) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe plays favorites.
(c) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a traitor.
(d) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is incompetent.
2. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
(a) Where she can be contacted.
(b) The location she is going to.
(c) The name of her lover.
(d) The amount of her debts.
3. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
4. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) Gabriel's tracks.
(c) Gabriel's scent.
(d) A fire.
5. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
(b) East Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
2. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
3. What do the birds circling indicate?
4. Where is Sergeant Gilzean from?
5. At the end of Part Three, what information does Felix need to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
2. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
3. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
4. What does Walter find when he returns to his farm?
5. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
6. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
7. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
8. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
9. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
10. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)