|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A wine cellar.
(b) A dark wood shed.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) A jail cell.
2. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
3. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
(a) Supplies are en route.
(b) A new infantry is coming to take over.
(c) The rainy season will begin.
(d) A peace agreement will be reached.
4. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
5. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Aristedes speak?
2. Where is Sergeant Gilzean from?
3. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
4. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
5. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
2. What does Walter find when he returns to his farm?
3. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
4. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
5. How does Felix end up in Nanda?
6. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
7. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
8. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
9. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
10. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)