|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(d) Von Bishop.
2. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A dog barks.
(b) Gabriel trips.
(c) Liesl tells the German officers.
(d) A branch breaks.
3. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
4. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To defect to the other side.
(b) To spy on the Germans.
(c) To not return to combat.
(d) To stay with his comrades.
5. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
(a) The rope swing.
(b) A heavy statue.
(c) The bench where they first kissed.
(d) The diving board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
2. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
3. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
4. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
5. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
2. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
3. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
4. What is "China Show?"
5. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
6. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
7. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
8. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
9. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
10. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)