|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is psychotic.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she is an alcoholic.
2. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
3. How does Gabriel stay in the hospital?
(a) By keeping his leg infected.
(b) By pretending that he can't walk.
(c) By helping out the rest of the nurses.
(d) By bribing the nurses.
4. Where does Charis' affair begin?
(a) By the pond.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the pool.
(d) At her apartment.
5. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Portuguese.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The East Africans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
2. In Part Three, Chapter Five, why is Gabriel unable to watch Liesl bathe?
3. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
4. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
5. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, who does Felix hear from about Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "China Show?"
2. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
3. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
4. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
5. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
6. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
7. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
8. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
9. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
10. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)