|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel's scent.
(b) A fire.
(c) Gabriel's tracks.
(d) A gunshot.
2. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
(a) Local expert.
(b) Gun cleaner.
(c) Supply officer.
3. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she is an alcoholic.
(d) That she is psychotic.
4. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
(a) Lieutenant Loveday.
(b) Officer Smith.
(c) Sergeant Gilzean.
5. How many miles is it from where Felix gets off the train to Kibongo?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
2. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
3. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
4. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
5. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
2. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
3. What are Charis and Felix's thoughts on their affair and Gabriel?
4. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
5. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
6. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
7. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
8. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
9. Describe the letters Charis writes to Gabriel in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
10. What is unusual about Felix's response to Lieutenant Loveday's death?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)