|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday will do next.
(b) Where Loveday will go.
(c) What Loveday might have looked like.
(d) What Loveday might have said in French.
2. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Sergeant Gilzean.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) Major Jordan.
(d) Lieutenant Loveday.
3. How often does Charis write Gabriel?
4. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
5. How many miles is it from where Felix gets off the train to Kibongo?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
2. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
3. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
4. What news does the British soldier arriving in German territory bring?
5. What do the birds circling indicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
2. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
3. What is unusual about Felix's response to Lieutenant Loveday's death?
4. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
5. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
6. What comparisons does Charis make between the two brothers, Gabriel and Felix?
7. What are Gabriel's feelings for Liesl in Part Three?
8. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
9. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
10. What do you think Felix will do to Von Bishop?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)