|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
2. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
3. In Part Three, Chapter Five, why is Gabriel unable to watch Liesl bathe?
(a) Gabriel decides it is inappropriate.
(b) She catches him watching her undress.
(c) Liesl's husband is home.
(d) Her house is full of German officers.
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
5. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
2. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
3. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
4. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
5. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Von Bishop's reaction to what happens to Gabriel when he is caught?
2. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
3. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
4. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
5. What political reason is there for Gabriel to remain in the hospital?
6. Why do you think Charis commits suicide?
7. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
8. What are Felix's interactions with Aristedes?
9. What does the author imply about Felix when he describes Liieutenant Loveday's usage of "schoolboy French?"
10. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)