|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
2. Where is Walter Smith from?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
3. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Inheritance from their father.
(b) Their father's view of education.
(c) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(d) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
4. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
5. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
(a) He sends him back to the boat.
(b) He hits him with his rifle.
(c) He yells expletives at him.
(d) He shoots him in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
2. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
3. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
4. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
5. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
2. What happens on Charis and Gabriel's honeymoon?
3. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
4. What do the Germans do to Walter's farm?
5. Describe how Felix and Holland react differently to the discrimination they face because they are not in military service.
6. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
7. What is Walter's experience in the army like in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
8. How does the author use point of view in the novel?
9. What benefit is Bilderbeck to Gabriel?
10. What does Charis show Felix at her cottage and what does Felix explain to her?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)