|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
2. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) With Norman Espie.
(b) Away from Africa.
(c) With Felix Cooper.
(d) To England.
3. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(a) His pay.
(b) His commander.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) Athlete's foot.
(b) A cold sore.
(c) Pink eye.
(d) A sprained ankle.
5. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Their father's view of education.
(b) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(c) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(d) Inheritance from their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
2. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
3. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
4. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
5. What is Norman Espie's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
2. What do the Germans do to Walter's farm?
3. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
4. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
5. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
6. Why do the Germans continue to fight the war in Africa?
7. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
8. Describe the Von Bishops relationship.
9. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
10. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)