|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
2. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
3. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His best friend.
4. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril is killed in France.
(b) Cyril leaves his wife.
(c) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
(d) Cyril defects and goes to America.
5. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
2. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
3. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
4. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
5. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
2. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
3. How do Gabriel and other British soldiers get trapped in a ditch?
4. What do the Germans do to Walter's farm?
5. Why do the Germans continue to fight the war in Africa?
6. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
7. What benefit is Bilderbeck to Gabriel?
8. What is Walter's experience in the army like in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
9. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
10. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)