|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His brother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
2. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Starts a fight.
(b) Brings up past family finance problems.
(c) Tells an off color joke.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
3. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
4. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
5. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are resistant.
(b) They are accepting.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
2. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
3. What happens to Wheech-Browning in the plane?
4. What is the name of Gabriel's doctor?
5. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
2. How does the author use point of view in the novel?
3. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
4. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
5. What does Charis show Felix at her cottage and what does Felix explain to her?
6. What is Walter's experience in the army like in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
7. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
8. Describe Gabriel's recovery in Part Two, Chapter Eleven.
9. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
10. How does Walter try to get his farm back?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)