|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Walter to meet him?
(a) Von Bishop.
(b) Commander Wilford.
(c) Sir Wheech-Browning.
(d) General Tigne.
2. Why does Cobb return home?
(a) To go back to school.
(b) To take care of his ill father.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
3. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
(a) British West Africa.
(d) German East Africa.
4. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His brother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
5. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) With Felix Cooper.
(b) To England.
(c) Away from Africa.
(d) With Norman Espie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
2. How many letters does Gabriel receive in Part Two, Chapter Four?
3. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
4. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
5. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
2. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
3. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
4. Why do the Germans continue to fight the war in Africa?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
6. How do Gabriel and other British soldiers get trapped in a ditch?
7. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
8. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
9. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
10. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)