|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
2. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
(b) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(c) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(d) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
3. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
4. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) That they will return to England.
(b) The British pay a ransom.
(c) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(d) That they will not serve in the military again.
5. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(b) The plane gets lost.
(c) The plane gets shot down.
(d) The plane crashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
2. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
3. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
4. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
5. Who are the askaris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
2. Describe Gabriel's recovery in Part Two, Chapter Eleven.
3. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
4. Where is Gabriel held as a prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Six and how does he escape?
5. Describe how Felix and Holland react differently to the discrimination they face because they are not in military service.
6. What consequences do the British face for not heading Walter's advice?
7. How does Gabriel end up injured?
8. What is Felix's plan to kill Von Bishop?
9. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
10. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)