|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(a) Tulip bulbs.
(b) Coffee seedlings.
2. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
(a) To tell Smith to evacuate.
(b) To offer a ride to town.
(c) To read him the Bible.
(d) To bring him fertilizer.
3. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A war siren goes off.
(b) An earthquake strikes.
(c) A bombing raid begins.
(d) The power goes out.
4. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A buggy.
(d) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
5. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) A cold sore.
(b) Pink eye.
(c) A sprained ankle.
(d) Athlete's foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
2. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
3. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
4. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
5. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
2. What benefit is Bilderbeck to Gabriel?
3. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
4. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
5. How does Walter try to get his farm back?
6. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
7. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
8. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
9. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
10. What do the Germans do to Walter's farm?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)