|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman Espie's title?
2. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are suspected of being gay.
(b) They are not in the military.
(c) They are of a different race.
(d) They are college students.
3. What is the name of Smith's wife?
4. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
5. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
2. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
4. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
5. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
2. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
3. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
4. What do the Germans do to Walter's farm?
5. What benefit is Bilderbeck to Gabriel?
6. How does the author use point of view in the novel?
7. What are Walter's thoughts on a war early in the novel?
8. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
9. Describe the Von Bishops relationship.
10. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)