|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who burns Smith's crops?
(c) Von Bishop.
2. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
(b) Cyril is killed in France.
(c) Cyril defects and goes to America.
(d) Cyril leaves his wife.
3. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
(a) It is early.
(b) The ship is damaged while docking.
(c) It is in the wrong location.
(d) It is early and in the wrong location.
4. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(b) Coffee seedlings.
(c) Tulip bulbs.
5. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) That they will return to England.
(b) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(c) That they will not serve in the military again.
(d) The British pay a ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
2. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
3. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
4. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
5. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
2. What is Felix's plan to kill Von Bishop?
3. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
4. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
5. Describe Gabriel's journal.
6. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
7. What happens on Charis and Gabriel's honeymoon?
8. What questions does Dr. Venables ask Felix about Charis?
9. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
10. What happens when Felix goes to the pond to think in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)