|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
2. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The Westin.
(b) The St. Francis.
(c) The Ritz.
(d) The Norfolk.
3. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
4. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
5. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
2. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
4. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
5. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Germans continue to fight the war in Africa?
2. How does the author use point of view in the novel?
3. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
4. Describe how Felix and Holland react differently to the discrimination they face because they are not in military service.
5. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
6. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
7. Describe the Von Bishops relationship.
8. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
9. What benefit is Bilderbeck to Gabriel?
10. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)