|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(b) The plane crashes.
(c) The plane gets lost.
(d) The plane gets shot down.
2. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
3. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
(a) No one. Bilderbeck goes alone.
(b) Sir Arthur.
(c) Von Bishop.
(d) Major Gleeson.
4. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) In a jail cell.
(b) On a train.
(c) Swimming in a pond.
(d) In a dream sequence.
5. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) Small boats.
(b) Inflatable rafts.
(c) They swim.
(d) They walk on the dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cobb return home?
2. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
3. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
4. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
5. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason, besides political, does Gabriel have for staying in the hospital?
2. What benefit is Bilderbeck to Gabriel?
3. What is Felix's plan to kill Von Bishop?
4. How does the author use point of view in the novel?
5. For Walter, what is one constant throughout the fighting in Africa?
6. What news does Von Bishop receive by motorcycle?
7. What is Walter's experience in the army like in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
8. What does Felix decide to do after Charis' funeral?
9. How does Felix nearly get shot while teaching the Portuguese troops?
10. What is shocking about Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)