|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality of soldiers are responsible for Gabriel fleeing?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
3. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
4. Who is Felix in love with?
5. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
(a) His jaw.
(b) His foot.
(c) His elbow.
(d) His wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
2. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
3. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
4. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
5. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabriel end up injured?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
3. Describe Gabriel's recovery in Part Two, Chapter Eleven.
4. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
5. How does the author use point of view in the novel?
6. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
7. How do Gabriel and other British soldiers get trapped in a ditch?
8. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
9. What changes between Charis and Felix at the end of Part Two, Chapter Ten?
10. What does Charis show Felix at her cottage and what does Felix explain to her?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)