|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
2. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The Bronze Beret.
(b) The Golden Horseshoe.
(c) The OK Corral.
(d) The Golden Calf.
3. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
(a) Insuance representative.
(c) British diplomat.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
2. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
3. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
4. How many letters does Gabriel receive in Part Two, Chapter Four?
5. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter Four, why is Felix upset with Gabriel?
2. What does Charis show Felix at her cottage and what does Felix explain to her?
3. How do Gabriel and other British soldiers get trapped in a ditch?
4. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
5. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
6. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
7. What happens on Charis and Gabriel's honeymoon?
8. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
9. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
10. How does Walter try to get his farm back?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)