|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman Espie's title?
2. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) He is a concionscious objector.
(b) He is in college.
(c) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
(d) Poor eyesight.
3. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
(a) What music to play.
(b) Felix being at the party.
(c) What appetizers to serve.
(d) Who will leave the party to get ice.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) Pink eye.
(c) A cold sore.
(d) Athlete's foot.
5. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
(b) British West Africa.
(c) German East Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
2. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
3. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
4. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
5. What university is Felix set to attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walter try to get his farm back?
2. How does the author use point of view in the novel?
3. What happens with the biplane in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
4. What changes between Charis and Felix at the end of Part Two, Chapter Ten?
5. In Part One, Chapter Four, why is Felix upset with Gabriel?
6. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
7. What are Walter's thoughts on a war early in the novel?
8. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
9. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
10. What is Walter's experience in the army like in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)