|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(a) A buggy.
(c) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
(d) A suitcase.
2. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(a) His pay.
(d) His commander.
3. Where is Walter Smith from?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
4. What is the name of Smith's wife?
5. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(b) The plane gets lost.
(c) The plane gets shot down.
(d) The plane crashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
3. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
4. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
5. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
3. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
4. Describe Gabriel's recovery in Part Two, Chapter Eleven.
5. What does Charis show Felix at her cottage and what does Felix explain to her?
6. In Part One, Chapter Four, why is Felix upset with Gabriel?
7. Why do the Germans continue to fight the war in Africa?
8. What do the Germans do to Walter's farm?
9. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
10. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)