|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
2. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) That they will return to England.
(b) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(c) The British pay a ransom.
(d) That they will not serve in the military again.
3. What is the condition of the person who summons Walter?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is intoxicated.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is ill.
4. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
5. Why does Cobb return home?
(a) A wedding.
(b) To go back to school.
(c) To take care of his ill father.
(d) A funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
2. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
3. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
4. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
5. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
2. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
3. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
4. What happens with the biplane in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
5. How does Gabriel end up injured?
6. In Part One, Chapter Four, why is Felix upset with Gabriel?
7. What happens in Part Two, Chapter Five when Gabriel's unit goes ashore?
8. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
9. How do Gabriel and other British soldiers get trapped in a ditch?
10. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)