|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
2. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) They swim.
(b) Inflatable rafts.
(c) Small boats.
(d) They walk on the dock.
3. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) East African Mounted Rifles.
(b) West Indies Trading Company.
(c) East African Trade Farmers.
(d) West African Volunteers.
4. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
(a) His parents.
5. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Military success.
(b) Diplomatic achievement.
(c) Complete failure.
(d) Zero sum game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
3. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
4. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
5. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Felix's response to Lieutenant Loveday's death?
2. How does Walter try to get his farm back?
3. Describe the Von Bishops relationship.
4. What changes Felix's mind about spending time on Walter's farm and then returning to England?
5. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
6. How do Gabriel and other British soldiers get trapped in a ditch?
7. How does Gabriel end up injured?
8. Do you think Von Bishop wants to go after Gabriel? Why or why not?
9. How did the affair between Felix and Charis begin?
10. What is "China Show?"
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)