|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
2. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
3. What is the name of Gabriel's doctor?
(a) Dr. Dremme.
(b) Dr. Tarnga.
(c) Dr. Deppe.
(d) Dr. Mohna.
4. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
(a) Near a hot dog cart.
(b) On the walk back to school.
(c) At a coffee stand.
(d) The nightclub bathroom.
5. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
2. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
3. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
4. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
5. Why is Liesel Von Bishop uncomfortable while traveling in Part One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Walter's thoughts on a war early in the novel?
2. How does Gabriel end up injured?
3. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
5. How do Gabriel and other British soldiers get trapped in a ditch?
6. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
7. What changes between Charis and Felix at the end of Part Two, Chapter Ten?
8. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
9. What happens with the biplane in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
10. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)