|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holland invite Felix too?
(a) A movie premier.
(b) His family's Christmas dinner.
(c) An art opening.
(d) A party hosted by his sister.
2. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To date his daughter.
(b) To ask for work.
(c) To collect taxes.
(d) To sell tobacco.
3. What is the condition of the person who summons Walter?
(a) He is intoxicated.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sleeping.
4. Who summons Walter to meet him?
(a) General Tigne.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) Sir Wheech-Browning.
(d) Commander Wilford.
5. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(b) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(c) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
(d) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the askaris?
2. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
3. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
4. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
5. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
2. Describe the Von Bishops relationship.
3. How does Gabriel end up injured?
4. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
5. What happens with the biplane in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
6. What happens when an Indian refuses an order by Bilderbeck?
7. What is Walter's experience in the army like in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
8. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
9. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
10. What do the Germans do to Walter's farm?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)