|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
(a) A group of militant and rebellious African war lords.
(b) The only African troops in the British army.
(c) The Kings purchasers of foreign weapons.
(d) A group of peace keepers in Africa.
2. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
(a) He shoots him in the head.
(b) He yells expletives at him.
(c) He sends him back to the boat.
(d) He hits him with his rifle.
3. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
4. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
(a) On the walk back to school.
(b) Near a hot dog cart.
(c) The nightclub bathroom.
(d) At a coffee stand.
5. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
2. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
3. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
4. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
2. How does Walter try to get his farm back?
3. Describe the Von Bishops relationship.
4. What does Charis show Felix at her cottage and what does Felix explain to her?
5. Describe Felix's interactions with his family in Part One, Chapter Four.
6. Describe Felix's reaction to Amory at the party at her apartment.
7. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
8. What are Felix's plans after the wedding?
9. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
10. Why do the Germans continue to fight the war in Africa?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)