|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gabriel's doctor?
(a) Dr. Tarnga.
(b) Dr. Dremme.
(c) Dr. Mohna.
(d) Dr. Deppe.
2. Who summons Walter to meet him?
(a) Commander Wilford.
(b) General Tigne.
(c) Sir Wheech-Browning.
(d) Von Bishop.
3. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(a) Liesel Von Bishop.
(b) Reverand Norman Espie.
(d) Major Bilderbeck.
4. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
5. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To ask for work.
(b) To sell tobacco.
(c) To date his daughter.
(d) To collect taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
2. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
3. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
4. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
5. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Wheech-Browning's visit to Walter's farm?
2. Summarize what Gabriel reflects on since his honeymoon while aboard a ship from India to Africa.
3. How does Gabriel end up injured?
4. What does Charis show Felix at her cottage and what does Felix explain to her?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Six, what does Gabriel mistake gunfire for?
6. Describe Gabriel's recovery in Part Two, Chapter Eleven.
7. What changes Walter's stance on joining the army?
8. Describe how Walter ended up in Africa.
9. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel receives three letters. What do the letters say and who are they from?
10. In Part One, Chapter Four, why is Felix upset with Gabriel?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)