|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Aristedes speak?
2. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
(a) The bench where they first kissed.
(b) The rope swing.
(c) A heavy statue.
(d) The diving board.
3. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
(a) Charis has developed serious cancer.
(b) Charis is not feeling well.
(c) Charis is relatively healthy.
(d) Charis is in perfect health.
4. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel writes letters daily to Charis.
(b) Gabriel turns sides in Nanda and is now fighting for the Germans.
(c) Gabriel escapes two days before the British caputred Nanda.
(d) Gabriel commits suicide.
5. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Looks at pornographic pictures.
(c) Drinks scotch.
(d) Hires a prostitute.
6. At the end of Part Three, what information does Felix need to know?
(a) The name of the German officer.
(b) How to get back to England.
(c) Where Gabriel's body has been transferred to.
(d) Why Gabriel escaped.
7. What do the birds circling indicate?
(a) Something is dead.
(b) A fire has been put out.
(c) There is a tribe present.
(d) Humans have been in that location.
8. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He is trampled.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is fired.
9. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
10. From whose perspective is Part Three, Chapter Six?
(a) Von Bishop.
11. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Von Bishop's.
12. From whose perspective is Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
13. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
14. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
(b) Felix goes alone.
(d) Walter and Wheech-Browning.
15. Who helps Gabriel escape?
(b) Von Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
2. What news does the British soldier arriving in German territory bring?
3. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
4. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
5. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)