|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) The details of her affair.
(b) That she cannot stay married to him.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is returning to school.
2. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The East Africans.
(c) The Portuguese.
(d) The Indians.
3. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) His severed head.
(b) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
(c) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(d) His lifeless body.
4. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A wine cellar.
(b) A jail cell.
(c) A dark wood shed.
(d) A bathroom.
5. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
6. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
7. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel turns sides in Nanda and is now fighting for the Germans.
(b) Gabriel writes letters daily to Charis.
(c) Gabriel escapes two days before the British caputred Nanda.
(d) Gabriel commits suicide.
8. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
(a) News of Gabriel.
(b) News of Charis.
(c) News of Von Bishop's location.
(d) News of his father.
9. Where does Charis' affair begin?
(a) In the pool.
(b) In the woods.
(c) At her apartment.
(d) By the pond.
10. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she had an abortion.
(b) That she is psychotic.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is an alcoholic.
11. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
(a) Her baby will be due.
(b) She will return to work.
(c) Felix will go away.
(d) Gabriel will return.
12. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
(a) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a traitor.
(b) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe plays favorites.
(c) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a brilliant surgeon.
(d) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is incompetent.
13. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
(a) A day or two.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three or four days.
14. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
(c) They walk.
15. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A branch breaks.
(b) Gabriel trips.
(c) A dog barks.
(d) Liesl tells the German officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
2. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
3. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
4. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
5. What worries Charis' lover?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)