|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
(a) Organize supplies.
(b) Make maps.
(c) Serve as a translator.
(d) Cook meals.
2. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
(a) That she is an alcoholic.
(b) That she is the victim of a crime.
(c) That she is mentally unstable.
(d) That she is having an affair.
3. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
4. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "African Antics."
(b) "Big Blimp."
(c) "India Cicus."
(d) "China Show."
5. How does Felix get to Dar-es-Salaam?
6. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Lieutenant Loveday.
(b) Major Jordan.
(c) Von Bishop.
(d) Sergeant Gilzean.
7. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
8. Whose grave is desecrated at Walter's house in Part Two?
(a) Walter's baby daughter.
(b) Walter's former servant.
(c) Walter's elderly mother.
(d) Walter's wife.
9. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
10. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(a) Spanish influenza.
(b) An attack by the British.
11. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
12. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
(a) Supply officer.
(b) Local expert.
(d) Gun cleaner.
13. In Part Three, Chapter Five, why is Gabriel unable to watch Liesl bathe?
(a) Gabriel decides it is inappropriate.
(b) Her house is full of German officers.
(c) She catches him watching her undress.
(d) Liesl's husband is home.
14. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(b) The cause of the war.
(d) Getting out of the army.
15. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
(a) The Portuguese.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The East Africans.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Sixteen?
2. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
3. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
4. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
5. Who is Charis having an affair with in Part Two, Chapter 13?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)