|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(c) Von Bishop.
2. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The East Africans.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Portuguese.
3. In Part Three, Chapter Five, why is Gabriel unable to watch Liesl bathe?
(a) Her house is full of German officers.
(b) Liesl's husband is home.
(c) Gabriel decides it is inappropriate.
(d) She catches him watching her undress.
4. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) A fire.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Gabriel's tracks.
(d) Gabriel's scent.
5. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
6. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is trampled.
(d) He resigns.
7. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
8. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday might have looked like.
(b) What Loveday might have said in French.
(c) Where Loveday will go.
(d) What Loveday will do next.
9. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
(b) His severed head.
(c) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(d) His lifeless body.
10. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Lieutenant Loveday.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) Sergeant Gilzean.
(d) Major Jordan.
11. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
(a) That she is the victim of a crime.
(b) That she is mentally unstable.
(c) That she is having an affair.
(d) That she is an alcoholic.
12. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Argues with it.
(b) Ignores it.
(c) Follows it.
(d) Questions it.
13. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
(a) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe plays favorites.
(b) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is incompetent.
(c) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a traitor.
(d) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a brilliant surgeon.
14. From whose perspective is Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
15. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
(b) They walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
2. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
3. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
4. How does Gabriel stay in the hospital?
5. Where is Sergeant Gilzean from?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)