|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose perspective is Part Three, Chapter Six?
(d) Von Bishop.
2. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
3. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
(a) East Africa.
4. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) Gabriel's scent.
(c) A fire.
(d) Gabriel's tracks.
5. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
(a) The East Africans.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Portuguese.
6. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
(a) By note passed under the door.
(b) While Liesl brings in food and water.
(c) Through tapping signals in the wall.
(d) Through a crack in the wall.
7. In Part Three, Chapter Five, why is Gabriel unable to watch Liesl bathe?
(a) She catches him watching her undress.
(b) Her house is full of German officers.
(c) Gabriel decides it is inappropriate.
(d) Liesl's husband is home.
8. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
9. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is an alcoholic.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she is psychotic.
10. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
(a) A large river.
(b) An African dictator.
(c) Lack of supplies.
(d) An enemy attack.
11. Who helps Gabriel escape?
(a) Von Bishop.
12. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A branch breaks.
(b) Liesl tells the German officers.
(c) A dog barks.
(d) Gabriel trips.
13. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To spy on the Germans.
(b) To not return to combat.
(c) To stay with his comrades.
(d) To defect to the other side.
14. From whose perspective is Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
15. How does Felix get to Dar-es-Salaam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
2. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
3. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
4. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
5. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)