|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Lieutenant Loveday.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) Sergeant Gilzean.
(d) Major Jordan.
2. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A dog barks.
(b) Liesl tells the German officers.
(c) Gabriel trips.
(d) A branch breaks.
3. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) Where Loveday will go.
(b) What Loveday might have said in French.
(c) What Loveday might have looked like.
(d) What Loveday will do next.
4. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
(b) Charis and her lover are caught.
(c) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
(d) Charis and her lover kiss.
5. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
6. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is an alcoholic.
(b) That she is psychotic.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she is pregnant.
7. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
8. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
(a) Drinks scotch.
(b) Looks at pornographic pictures.
(c) Hires a prostitute.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
9. What language does Aristedes speak?
10. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
11. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To defect to the other side.
(b) To not return to combat.
(c) To stay with his comrades.
(d) To spy on the Germans.
12. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(c) Von Bishop.
13. What news does the British soldier arriving in German territory bring?
(a) That the fighting continues in southern Africa.
(b) That the Germans should retreat or face destruction.
(c) The war is over.
(d) That the Americans have entered the war.
14. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
(a) Felix returns to school.
(b) Felix continues to eat his breakfast.
(c) Felix runs to her cottage.
(d) Felix burns the letter in anger.
15. How many miles is it from where Felix gets off the train to Kibongo?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part Three, what information does Felix need to know?
2. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
3. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
4. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
5. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)