|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Follows it.
(b) Argues with it.
(c) Ignores it.
(d) Questions it.
2. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) That she cannot stay married to him.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is returning to school.
(d) The details of her affair.
3. Who is Charis having an affair with in Part Two, Chapter 13?
(d) No one.
4. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
(a) Where she can be contacted.
(b) The location she is going to.
(c) The amount of her debts.
(d) The name of her lover.
5. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
6. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
(a) He steps on a mine.
(b) He takes enemy fire.
(c) He leads the troops to the wrong location.
(d) He has an encounter with a rhino.
7. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
8. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Lady of the Sea.
(b) Love of My Life.
(c) Man of Pompeii.
(d) Lily of Laguna.
9. What language does Aristedes speak?
10. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "China Show."
(b) "India Cicus."
(c) "African Antics."
(d) "Big Blimp."
11. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) Von Bishop.
12. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) Gabriel trips.
(b) Liesl tells the German officers.
(c) A branch breaks.
(d) A dog barks.
13. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A poem.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
14. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday might have said in French.
(b) Where Loveday will go.
(c) What Loveday will do next.
(d) What Loveday might have looked like.
15. In Part Two, Chapter Eighteen, who invites Felix for a drink?
(b) Charis' sister.
(c) Felix's father.
(d) Dr. Venables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
2. Where does Charis' affair begin?
3. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
4. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
5. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)