|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By motorcycle.
(b) By car.
(c) By foot.
(d) By train.
2. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
3. What language does Aristedes speak?
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
5. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Gabriel and Liesl begin an affair.
(b) Charis is killed.
(c) Gabriel and Felix find each other.
(d) A large battle in Africa.
6. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
(b) Charis and her lover are caught.
(c) Charis and her lover kiss.
(d) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
7. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
(a) One week.
(b) A day or two.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three or four days.
8. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
(a) Trip on a land mine.
(b) Leak a secret.
(c) Fire a weapon.
(d) Wreck a car.
9. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
(a) A new infantry is coming to take over.
(b) The rainy season will begin.
(c) A peace agreement will be reached.
(d) Supplies are en route.
10. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
11. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday might have said in French.
(b) Where Loveday will go.
(c) What Loveday will do next.
(d) What Loveday might have looked like.
12. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel's tracks.
(b) Gabriel's scent.
(c) A fire.
(d) A gunshot.
13. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A ring.
14. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
15. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she had an abortion.
(b) That she is psychotic.
(c) That she is an alcoholic.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
2. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
3. From whose perspective is Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
4. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
5. How does Charis commit suicide?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)