|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Argues with it.
(b) Follows it.
(c) Questions it.
(d) Ignores it.
2. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is psychotic.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she is an alcoholic.
3. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "China Show."
(b) "India Cicus."
(c) "African Antics."
(d) "Big Blimp."
4. How does Gabriel stay in the hospital?
(a) By pretending that he can't walk.
(b) By helping out the rest of the nurses.
(c) By keeping his leg infected.
(d) By bribing the nurses.
5. Who helps Gabriel escape?
(b) Von Bishop.
6. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
7. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Man of Pompeii.
(b) Love of My Life.
(c) Lady of the Sea.
(d) Lily of Laguna.
8. Whose grave is desecrated at Walter's house in Part Two?
(a) Walter's wife.
(b) Walter's baby daughter.
(c) Walter's elderly mother.
(d) Walter's former servant.
9. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
(a) The amount of her debts.
(b) The location she is going to.
(c) The name of her lover.
(d) Where she can be contacted.
10. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) Gabriel trips.
(b) Liesl tells the German officers.
(c) A branch breaks.
(d) A dog barks.
11. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, who does Felix hear from about Gabriel?
(c) Von Bishop.
12. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
(a) The smell.
(b) The broken glass.
(c) That it is empty.
(d) That it is immaculate.
13. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Sixteen?
14. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
(a) Serve as a translator.
(b) Cook meals.
(c) Organize supplies.
(d) Make maps.
15. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Charis is killed.
(b) Gabriel and Felix find each other.
(c) Gabriel and Liesl begin an affair.
(d) A large battle in Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
2. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
3. What worries Charis' lover?
4. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
5. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)