|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) Gabriel trips.
(b) A branch breaks.
(c) Liesl tells the German officers.
(d) A dog barks.
2. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Love of My Life.
(b) Man of Pompeii.
(c) Lady of the Sea.
(d) Lily of Laguna.
3. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
(a) News of his father.
(b) News of Charis.
(c) News of Gabriel.
(d) News of Von Bishop's location.
4. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel escapes two days before the British caputred Nanda.
(b) Gabriel writes letters daily to Charis.
(c) Gabriel turns sides in Nanda and is now fighting for the Germans.
(d) Gabriel commits suicide.
5. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
(a) Felix goes alone.
(c) Walter and Wheech-Browning.
6. How does Charis commit suicide?
(a) She doesn't commit suicide.
(b) She overdoses on pills.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She drowns.
7. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) His lifeless body.
(b) His severed head.
(c) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(d) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
8. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "India Cicus."
(b) "China Show."
(c) "Big Blimp."
(d) "African Antics."
9. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To stay with his comrades.
(b) To not return to combat.
(c) To spy on the Germans.
(d) To defect to the other side.
10. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
11. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
(a) A heavy statue.
(b) The diving board.
(c) The rope swing.
(d) The bench where they first kissed.
12. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) A dark wood shed.
(c) A wine cellar.
(d) A bathroom.
13. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) A fire.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Gabriel's scent.
(d) Gabriel's tracks.
14. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) The details of her affair.
(b) That she is returning to school.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she cannot stay married to him.
15. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
(a) Local expert.
(b) Gun cleaner.
(d) Supply officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
2. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Eighteen, who invites Felix for a drink?
5. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)