|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover are caught.
(b) Charis and her lover kiss.
(c) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
(d) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
3. In Part Four, what does Wheech-Browning bring in a truck?
(a) Food and water.
(c) Small artillery pieces.
(d) Bibles and prayer books.
4. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A ring.
(b) A poem.
(c) A letter.
(d) A necklace.
5. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
(a) They walk.
6. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
7. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
(a) News of Gabriel.
(b) News of his father.
(c) News of Von Bishop's location.
(d) News of Charis.
8. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday might have looked like.
(b) What Loveday will do next.
(c) What Loveday might have said in French.
(d) Where Loveday will go.
9. How does Gabriel stay in the hospital?
(a) By bribing the nurses.
(b) By keeping his leg infected.
(c) By helping out the rest of the nurses.
(d) By pretending that he can't walk.
10. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
11. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
12. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
13. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
(a) The broken glass.
(b) That it is immaculate.
(c) The smell.
(d) That it is empty.
14. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
(b) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(c) His severed head.
(d) His lifeless body.
15. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A dark wood shed.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A jail cell.
(d) A wine cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
2. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Sixteen?
3. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
4. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
5. What song does Charis' lover hum?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)