|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
2. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
3. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Lieutenant Loveday.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) Sergeant Gilzean.
(d) Major Jordan.
4. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A dog barks.
(b) Gabriel trips.
(c) Liesl tells the German officers.
(d) A branch breaks.
5. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
(a) Provides intelligence to the Germans.
(b) Sneaks out to watch Liesl bathe.
(c) Works as a janitor.
(d) Plays cards with the other patients.
6. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
7. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
8. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) A fire.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Gabriel's tracks.
(d) Gabriel's scent.
9. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
(a) Garbriel surrenders.
(b) Gabriel vommits.
(c) Gabriel faints.
(d) Gabriel flees.
10. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
(a) The rainy season will begin.
(b) A peace agreement will be reached.
(c) Supplies are en route.
(d) A new infantry is coming to take over.
11. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By motorcycle.
(b) By foot.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
12. What news does the British soldier arriving in German territory bring?
(a) That the fighting continues in southern Africa.
(b) That the Germans should retreat or face destruction.
(c) That the Americans have entered the war.
(d) The war is over.
13. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
(a) Hires a prostitute.
(b) Looks at pornographic pictures.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Drinks scotch.
14. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
15. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
2. Where does Charis' affair begin?
3. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
4. Whose grave is desecrated at Walter's house in Part Two?
5. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)