|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Von Bishop.
(b) Sergeant Gilzean.
(c) Lieutenant Loveday.
(d) Major Jordan.
2. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday might have looked like.
(b) What Loveday might have said in French.
(c) What Loveday will do next.
(d) Where Loveday will go.
3. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) His lifeless body.
(b) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
(c) His severed head.
(d) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
4. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
5. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
(a) Supplies are en route.
(b) A new infantry is coming to take over.
(c) A peace agreement will be reached.
(d) The rainy season will begin.
6. Whose grave is desecrated at Walter's house in Part Two?
(a) Walter's elderly mother.
(b) Walter's baby daughter.
(c) Walter's former servant.
(d) Walter's wife.
7. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
8. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "Big Blimp."
(b) "African Antics."
(c) "India Cicus."
(d) "China Show."
9. From whose perspective is Part Three, Chapter Six?
(b) Von Bishop.
10. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
(a) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe plays favorites.
(b) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a brilliant surgeon.
(c) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a traitor.
(d) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is incompetent.
11. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A dark wood shed.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A wine cellar.
(d) A jail cell.
12. At the end of Part Three, what information does Felix need to know?
(a) Why Gabriel escaped.
(b) Where Gabriel's body has been transferred to.
(c) The name of the German officer.
(d) How to get back to England.
13. What do the birds circling indicate?
(a) Something is dead.
(b) There is a tribe present.
(c) A fire has been put out.
(d) Humans have been in that location.
14. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
(a) A day or two.
(b) Three or four days.
(c) One week.
(d) Ten days.
15. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
Short Answer Questions
1. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
2. What language does Aristedes speak?
3. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
4. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
5. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)