|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) A large battle in Africa.
(b) Gabriel and Felix find each other.
(c) Charis is killed.
(d) Gabriel and Liesl begin an affair.
2. Where is Sergeant Gilzean from?
3. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
4. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
(a) Officer Smith.
(b) Sergeant Gilzean.
(d) Lieutenant Loveday.
5. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "India Cicus."
(b) "China Show."
(c) "Big Blimp."
(d) "African Antics."
6. How does Charis commit suicide?
(a) She doesn't commit suicide.
(b) She overdoses on pills.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She hangs herself.
7. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
(b) Charis and her lover are caught.
(c) Charis and her lover kiss.
(d) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
8. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) The details of her affair.
(c) That she is returning to school.
(d) That she cannot stay married to him.
9. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(b) His lifeless body.
(c) His severed head.
(d) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
10. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
11. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
(a) That it is immaculate.
(b) The smell.
(c) That it is empty.
(d) The broken glass.
12. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
(a) Fire a weapon.
(b) Leak a secret.
(c) Wreck a car.
(d) Trip on a land mine.
13. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
14. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, who does Felix hear from about Gabriel?
(d) Von Bishop.
15. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He is demoted.
(b) He is captured.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Gabriel escape?
2. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
3. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
4. Where does Charis' affair begin?
5. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)