|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
(b) East Africa.
2. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
3. How many miles is it from where Felix gets off the train to Kibongo?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
4. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
5. What worries Charis' lover?
(a) That Gabriel will find out.
(b) That he is hurting Charis by making her feel guilty.
(c) That he will lose Charis.
(d) That they will be caught.
6. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
7. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He is trampled.
8. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
9. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) A large battle in Africa.
(b) Gabriel and Felix find each other.
(c) Charis is killed.
(d) Gabriel and Liesl begin an affair.
10. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
11. From whose perspective is Part Three, Chapter Six?
(b) Von Bishop.
12. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
(a) Sneaks out to watch Liesl bathe.
(b) Plays cards with the other patients.
(c) Provides intelligence to the Germans.
(d) Works as a janitor.
13. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A branch breaks.
(b) Gabriel trips.
(c) A dog barks.
(d) Liesl tells the German officers.
14. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By train.
(b) By foot.
(c) By car.
(d) By motorcycle.
15. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Man of Pompeii.
(b) Love of My Life.
(c) Lady of the Sea.
(d) Lily of Laguna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
2. From whose perspective is Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
3. What language does Aristedes speak?
4. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
5. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)