|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
2. How often does Charis write Gabriel?
3. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Lily of Laguna.
(b) Lady of the Sea.
(c) Man of Pompeii.
(d) Love of My Life.
4. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
(a) He has an encounter with a rhino.
(b) He leads the troops to the wrong location.
(c) He takes enemy fire.
(d) He steps on a mine.
5. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
(a) Cook meals.
(b) Make maps.
(c) Organize supplies.
(d) Serve as a translator.
6. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Argues with it.
(b) Ignores it.
(c) Questions it.
(d) Follows it.
7. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
8. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
9. Where is Sergeant Gilzean from?
10. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, who does Felix hear from about Gabriel?
(c) Von Bishop.
11. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
(a) Through a crack in the wall.
(b) Through tapping signals in the wall.
(c) By note passed under the door.
(d) While Liesl brings in food and water.
12. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
13. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
(a) Felix goes alone.
(c) Walter and Wheech-Browning.
14. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
15. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
2. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
3. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
4. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
5. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)