|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
2. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
(b) Walter and Wheech-Browning.
(d) Felix goes alone.
3. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "India Cicus."
(b) "China Show."
(c) "African Antics."
(d) "Big Blimp."
4. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she is an alcoholic.
(c) That she is mentally unstable.
(d) That she is the victim of a crime.
5. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
(a) A day or two.
(b) Three or four days.
(c) One week.
(d) Ten days.
6. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
(a) Looks at pornographic pictures.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Drinks scotch.
(d) Hires a prostitute.
7. How often does Charis write Gabriel?
8. How does Felix get to Dar-es-Salaam?
9. In Nanda, who informs Felix about the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(d) Von Bishop.
10. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) That she cannot stay married to him.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is returning to school.
(d) The details of her affair.
11. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He is trampled.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He is fired.
12. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(a) Getting out of the army.
(b) The cause of the war.
13. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By foot.
(b) By motorcycle.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
14. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
15. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
(a) He takes enemy fire.
(b) He steps on a mine.
(c) He has an encounter with a rhino.
(d) He leads the troops to the wrong location.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
2. What song does Charis' lover hum?
3. Where does Charis' affair begin?
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
5. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)