|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
2. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(a) Getting out of the army.
(b) The cause of the war.
3. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(a) Spanish influenza.
(b) An attack by the British.
4. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Portuguese.
(c) The East Africans.
(d) The Germans.
5. In Part Four, what does Wheech-Browning bring in a truck?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Small artillery pieces.
(c) Bibles and prayer books.
6. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) His lifeless body.
(b) His severed head.
(c) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(d) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
7. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
8. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
(a) Cook meals.
(b) Organize supplies.
(c) Make maps.
(d) Serve as a translator.
9. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
(a) Gun cleaner.
(c) Supply officer.
(d) Local expert.
10. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) Liesl tells the German officers.
(b) Gabriel trips.
(c) A branch breaks.
(d) A dog barks.
11. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
(a) Through a crack in the wall.
(b) While Liesl brings in food and water.
(c) By note passed under the door.
(d) Through tapping signals in the wall.
12. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
(a) Her baby will be due.
(b) Felix will go away.
(c) She will return to work.
(d) Gabriel will return.
13. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) The details of her affair.
(c) That she cannot stay married to him.
(d) That she is returning to school.
14. In Part Three, Chapter Five, why is Gabriel unable to watch Liesl bathe?
(a) She catches him watching her undress.
(b) Her house is full of German officers.
(c) Gabriel decides it is inappropriate.
(d) Liesl's husband is home.
15. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Lily of Laguna.
(b) Love of My Life.
(c) Lady of the Sea.
(d) Man of Pompeii.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
2. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
3. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
4. What do the birds circling indicate?
5. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)