|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Felix's role in the British army in Part Four?
(a) Make maps.
(b) Cook meals.
(c) Organize supplies.
(d) Serve as a translator.
2. What language does Aristedes speak?
3. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
(a) He has an encounter with a rhino.
(b) He leads the troops to the wrong location.
(c) He steps on a mine.
(d) He takes enemy fire.
4. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He is demoted.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is killed.
5. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
6. Who helps Gabriel escape?
(d) Von Bishop.
7. In Part Four, who is Felix to train?
(a) The Portuguese.
(b) The East Africans.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Germans.
8. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
9. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
(a) Ignores it.
(b) Argues with it.
(c) Questions it.
(d) Follows it.
10. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
11. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By foot.
(b) By car.
(c) By motorcycle.
(d) By train.
12. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(a) An attack by the British.
(b) Spanish influenza.
13. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, who does Felix hear from about Gabriel?
(c) Von Bishop.
14. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(a) Getting out of the army.
(d) The cause of the war.
15. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
2. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
3. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
4. What item does Felix notice is missing at the pond?
5. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)