|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
(a) A large river.
(b) Lack of supplies.
(c) An enemy attack.
(d) An African dictator.
2. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. What does the doctor suspect of Charis?
(a) That she is mentally unstable.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she is the victim of a crime.
(d) That she is an alcoholic.
4. What happens to Lieutenant Loveday while leading Felix's unit?
(a) He has an encounter with a rhino.
(b) He leads the troops to the wrong location.
(c) He steps on a mine.
(d) He takes enemy fire.
5. In Part Four, Chapter Three, what does Felix receive from his mother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
6. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He is demoted.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is captured.
(d) He is killed.
7. In Part Four, what does Wheech-Browning bring in a truck?
(b) Bibles and prayer books.
(c) Food and water.
(d) Small artillery pieces.
8. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(b) Spanish influenza.
(c) An attack by the British.
9. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
(a) Felix continues to eat his breakfast.
(b) Felix returns to school.
(c) Felix burns the letter in anger.
(d) Felix runs to her cottage.
10. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) Where Loveday will go.
(b) What Loveday will do next.
(c) What Loveday might have looked like.
(d) What Loveday might have said in French.
11. In Part Four, Chapter Two, how does a British soldier arrive in German territory?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By motorcycle.
(d) By foot.
12. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
(a) East Africa.
13. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
(a) That it is immaculate.
(b) The smell.
(c) That it is empty.
(d) The broken glass.
14. In Part Three, Chapter Five, why is Gabriel unable to watch Liesl bathe?
(a) Gabriel decides it is inappropriate.
(b) Her house is full of German officers.
(c) She catches him watching her undress.
(d) Liesl's husband is home.
15. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
2. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
3. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
5. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)