|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
(a) She will return to work.
(b) Gabriel will return.
(c) Felix will go away.
(d) Her baby will be due.
2. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
3. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
(a) Charis is not feeling well.
(b) Charis is in perfect health.
(c) Charis has developed serious cancer.
(d) Charis is relatively healthy.
4. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
(c) East Africa.
5. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
(a) The amount of her debts.
(b) The location she is going to.
(c) Where she can be contacted.
(d) The name of her lover.
6. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
(a) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a brilliant surgeon.
(b) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe plays favorites.
(c) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a traitor.
(d) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is incompetent.
7. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) A fire.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Gabriel's scent.
(d) Gabriel's tracks.
8. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
(a) Wreck a car.
(b) Trip on a land mine.
(c) Leak a secret.
(d) Fire a weapon.
9. How does Felix get to Dar-es-Salaam?
10. After playing cards, what does Aristedes do?
(a) Drinks scotch.
(b) Hires a prostitute.
(c) Looks at pornographic pictures.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
11. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
(d) They walk.
12. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. How many miles is it from where Felix gets off the train to Kibongo?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 120 miles.
14. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Sixteen?
15. From whose perspective is Part Three, Chapter Six?
(b) Von Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Charis' lover hum?
2. Whose grave is desecrated at Walter's house in Part Two?
3. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
4. What worries Charis' lover?
5. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)