|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter Eight, what does Felix wonder about Loveday?
(a) What Loveday might have looked like.
(b) Where Loveday will go.
(c) What Loveday might have said in French.
(d) What Loveday will do next.
2. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
(a) News of Gabriel.
(b) News of his father.
(c) News of Von Bishop's location.
(d) News of Charis.
3. What fate comes of Lieutenant Loveday?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is trampled.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He resigns.
4. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 years.
5. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
(d) They walk.
6. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
(a) Gabriel vommits.
(b) Gabriel flees.
(c) Gabriel faints.
(d) Garbriel surrenders.
7. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
8. What is Von Bishop's attitude toward finding Gabriel?
9. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
(a) Through a crack in the wall.
(b) By note passed under the door.
(c) While Liesl brings in food and water.
(d) Through tapping signals in the wall.
10. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
(a) The broken glass.
(b) The smell.
(c) That it is immaculate.
(d) That it is empty.
11. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Von Bishop's.
12. What do the birds circling indicate?
(a) Something is dead.
(b) There is a tribe present.
(c) A fire has been put out.
(d) Humans have been in that location.
13. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
14. Where is Gabriel held prisoner in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A dark wood shed.
(b) A jail cell.
(c) A wine cellar.
(d) A bathroom.
15. What language does Aristedes speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Eighteen, who invites Felix for a drink?
2. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
3. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
4. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
5. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)