|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
(a) Felix returns to school.
(b) Felix runs to her cottage.
(c) Felix continues to eat his breakfast.
(d) Felix burns the letter in anger.
2. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
(a) Gun cleaner.
(c) Supply officer.
(d) Local expert.
3. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(b) An attack by the British.
(c) Spanish influenza.
4. What covers every surface of Walter's house in Part Two?
5. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is returning to school.
(c) That she cannot stay married to him.
(d) The details of her affair.
6. Where does Charis' affair begin?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) In the pool.
(d) By the pond.
7. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
(a) Through a crack in the wall.
(b) By note passed under the door.
(c) Through tapping signals in the wall.
(d) While Liesl brings in food and water.
8. Who helps Gabriel escape?
(b) Von Bishop.
9. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
10. At the end of Part Three, what information does Felix need to know?
(a) How to get back to England.
(b) The name of the German officer.
(c) Why Gabriel escaped.
(d) Where Gabriel's body has been transferred to.
11. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
12. In Part Two, Chapter Eighteen, who invites Felix for a drink?
(b) Felix's father.
(c) Dr. Venables.
(d) Charis' sister.
13. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To not return to combat.
(b) To defect to the other side.
(c) To stay with his comrades.
(d) To spy on the Germans.
14. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
15. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
(a) She will return to work.
(b) Her baby will be due.
(c) Gabriel will return.
(d) Felix will go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charis having an affair with in Part Two, Chapter 13?
2. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
3. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
4. In Part Three, where does Felix ask to be stationed?
5. What do the birds circling indicate?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)