|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
2. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) Liesl tells the German officers.
(b) A dog barks.
(c) A branch breaks.
(d) Gabriel trips.
3. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Von Bishop's.
4. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Sixteen?
5. What are Von Bishop's feelings about Dr. Deppe?
(a) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe plays favorites.
(b) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is incompetent.
(c) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a brilliant surgeon.
(d) Von Bishop thinks Dr. Deppe is a traitor.
6. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
7. What motivates Felix to work hard at the Officer Training Corps?
(b) Getting out of the army.
(d) The cause of the war.
8. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To defect to the other side.
(b) To not return to combat.
(c) To spy on the Germans.
(d) To stay with his comrades.
9. After the war, what changes Felix's plans?
(a) News of his father.
(b) News of Gabriel.
(c) News of Charis.
(d) News of Von Bishop's location.
10. What worries Charis' lover?
(a) That he will lose Charis.
(b) That they will be caught.
(c) That he is hurting Charis by making her feel guilty.
(d) That Gabriel will find out.
11. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(c) Spanish influenza.
(d) An attack by the British.
12. In Part Two, Chapter Eighteen, who invites Felix for a drink?
(a) Charis' sister.
(b) Felix's father.
(d) Dr. Venables.
13. Where does Charis' affair begin?
(a) By the pond.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) In the pool.
(d) In the woods.
14. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
15. A zeppelin is referred to as what by the Germans?
(a) "African Antics."
(b) "Big Blimp."
(c) "China Show."
(d) "India Cicus."
Short Answer Questions
1. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
2. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
3. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
4. In Nanda, who joins Felix in pursuing Gabriel?
5. From whose perspective is Part Three, Chapter Six?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)