|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter's assignment in the British army?
(a) Local expert.
(c) Supply officer.
(d) Gun cleaner.
2. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Lily of Laguna.
(b) Love of My Life.
(c) Lady of the Sea.
(d) Man of Pompeii.
3. During the pursuit, describe Von Bishop's feelings towards Gabriel?
4. From whose point of view is Part Three, Chapter Five?
5. In Part Four, what does Wheech-Browning bring in a truck?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Bibles and prayer books.
(d) Small artillery pieces.
6. What news does the British soldier arriving in German territory bring?
(a) That the fighting continues in southern Africa.
(b) That the Germans should retreat or face destruction.
(c) That the Americans have entered the war.
(d) The war is over.
7. How does Gabriel stay in the hospital?
(a) By keeping his leg infected.
(b) By helping out the rest of the nurses.
(c) By pretending that he can't walk.
(d) By bribing the nurses.
8. In Part Four, Chapter Two, what causes many German soldiers to die?
(b) An attack by the British.
(d) Spanish influenza.
9. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
(a) The broken glass.
(b) The smell.
(c) That it is immaculate.
(d) That it is empty.
10. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
(a) Garbriel surrenders.
(b) Gabriel flees.
(c) Gabriel faints.
(d) Gabriel vommits.
11. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
12. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
(a) Her baby will be due.
(b) Gabriel will return.
(c) She will return to work.
(d) Felix will go away.
13. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
(a) His severed head.
(b) His lifeless body.
(c) Gabriel's tracks end at a cliff.
(d) Eyewitness accounts from the native Africans.
14. What does Gabriel do in the evenings at the hospital?
(a) Sneaks out to watch Liesl bathe.
(b) Provides intelligence to the Germans.
(c) Plays cards with the other patients.
(d) Works as a janitor.
15. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is captured.
(d) He is demoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Felix's title in the British Army in Part Three?
2. What language does Aristedes speak?
3. Where does Charis' affair begin?
4. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
5. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what does she tell him?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)