|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
(a) What appetizers to serve.
(b) Who will leave the party to get ice.
(c) What music to play.
(d) Felix being at the party.
2. What is the condition of the person who summons Walter?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is intoxicated.
(d) He is ill.
3. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
4. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) He is in college.
(c) He is a concionscious objector.
(d) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
5. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
6. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
7. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
8. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) Small boats.
(b) They swim.
(c) They walk on the dock.
(d) Inflatable rafts.
9. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(c) His pay.
(d) His commander.
10. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(b) That they will not serve in the military again.
(c) The British pay a ransom.
(d) That they will return to England.
11. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
(a) He is annoyed that she ignores him.
(b) He thinks he is at the wrong house.
(c) He is impressed with her apartment.
(d) He thinks she is naked.
12. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(b) Professional athlete.
13. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
(a) Insuance representative.
(d) British diplomat.
14. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) Pink eye.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A cold sore.
(d) Athlete's foot.
15. What nationality of soldiers are responsible for Gabriel fleeing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
2. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
3. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
4. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
5. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)