|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(c) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
2. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
3. Where is Walter Smith from?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
4. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
(c) Boma Durio.
5. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A candystriper.
(d) A nurse.
6. What is the condition of the person who summons Walter?
(a) He is intoxicated.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is angry.
7. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(a) Professional athlete.
8. What university is Felix set to attend?
9. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
(a) Purchases alcohol.
(b) Smokes cigarettes.
(c) Has his fortune told.
(d) Visits a prostitute.
10. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
11. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
12. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
13. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
14. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) West African Volunteers.
(b) West Indies Trading Company.
(c) East African Mounted Rifles.
(d) East African Trade Farmers.
15. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(a) Tulip bulbs.
(b) Coffee seedlings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
2. What happens to Wheech-Browning in the plane?
3. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
4. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
5. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)