|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who burns Smith's crops?
(a) Von Bishop.
2. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) He is a concionscious objector.
(b) Poor eyesight.
(c) He is in college.
(d) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
3. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
(a) He thinks he is at the wrong house.
(b) He is annoyed that she ignores him.
(c) He is impressed with her apartment.
(d) He thinks she is naked.
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
5. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
6. Who are the askaris?
(c) Native soldiers.
(d) African children.
7. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The Bronze Beret.
(b) The Golden Horseshoe.
(c) The OK Corral.
(d) The Golden Calf.
8. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Their father's view of education.
(b) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(c) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(d) Inheritance from their father.
9. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) A cold sore.
(c) Athlete's foot.
(d) Pink eye.
10. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
11. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
(a) The sanitation state of the kitchen.
(b) The children's beds.
(c) The shining of his shoes.
(d) The children's hands.
12. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
13. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
14. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
15. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(a) Reverand Norman Espie.
(b) Major Bilderbeck.
(d) Liesel Von Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
2. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
3. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
4. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
5. What frustrates Walter in the army?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)