|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
(a) Smith decides to leave Africa permanently.
(b) Smith returns to his family.
(c) Smith takes out a bank loan.
(d) Smith joins the army.
2. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
3. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) To England.
(b) With Felix Cooper.
(c) Away from Africa.
(d) With Norman Espie.
4. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To ask for work.
(b) To date his daughter.
(c) To collect taxes.
(d) To sell tobacco.
5. Who summons Walter to meet him?
(a) Sir Wheech-Browning.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) General Tigne.
(d) Commander Wilford.
6. What nationality of soldiers are responsible for Gabriel fleeing?
7. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
8. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(b) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
(c) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(d) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
9. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) Pink eye.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A cold sore.
(d) Athlete's foot.
10. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Their father's view of education.
(b) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(c) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(d) Inheritance from their father.
11. What is Norman Espie's title?
12. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
13. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
14. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) The Americans join the war.
(b) Ther Germans leave Africa.
(c) The French surrender.
(d) The British sink a cruiser.
15. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
2. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
3. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
4. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
5. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)