|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(b) The plane crashes.
(c) The plane gets lost.
(d) The plane gets shot down.
2. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) Pink eye.
(c) Athlete's foot.
(d) A cold sore.
3. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) With Norman Espie.
(b) Away from Africa.
(c) To England.
(d) With Felix Cooper.
4. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
(a) His wrist.
(b) His foot.
(c) His elbow.
(d) His jaw.
5. What happens to Wheech-Browning in the plane?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is lost in the African countryside.
(c) He is taken hostage.
(d) He is survives with minor injuries.
6. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
7. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
8. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
9. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
(d) Boma Durio.
10. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
11. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
12. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
13. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) The French surrender.
(b) The British sink a cruiser.
(c) The Americans join the war.
(d) Ther Germans leave Africa.
14. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is shot in the leg.
(b) He is stabbed with bayonets.
(c) He is fired upon but escapes.
(d) He is chased down and tied up.
15. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Their father's view of education.
(b) Inheritance from their father.
(c) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(d) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
3. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
4. Why does Cobb return home?
5. Who burns Smith's crops?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)