|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril leaves his wife.
(b) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
(c) Cyril is killed in France.
(d) Cyril defects and goes to America.
2. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
3. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Brings up past family finance problems.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Tells an off color joke.
(d) Starts a fight.
4. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) An administrative mistake.
(b) A mechanical problem.
(c) Mutiny among the crew.
(d) A change in orders.
5. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) To England.
(b) With Norman Espie.
(c) With Felix Cooper.
(d) Away from Africa.
6. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
7. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
(a) No one. Bilderbeck goes alone.
(b) Sir Arthur.
(c) Major Gleeson.
(d) Von Bishop.
8. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(b) Major Bilderbeck.
(c) Reverand Norman Espie.
(d) Liesel Von Bishop.
9. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
(a) Bright sunlight.
(b) A sandstorm.
(d) Dense vegetation.
10. What is the condition of the person who summons Walter?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is intoxicated.
(d) He is ill.
11. Who are the askaris?
(a) African children.
(c) Native soldiers.
12. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(b) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(c) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
(d) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
13. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
14. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
(a) Near a hot dog cart.
(b) At a coffee stand.
(c) On the walk back to school.
(d) The nightclub bathroom.
15. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) That they will return to England.
(b) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(c) That they will not serve in the military again.
(d) The British pay a ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
2. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
4. What nationality of soldiers are responsible for Gabriel fleeing?
5. Who summons Walter to meet him?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)