|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A candystriper.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
2. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
3. Who summons Walter to meet him?
(a) Von Bishop.
(b) Commander Wilford.
(c) Sir Wheech-Browning.
(d) General Tigne.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) Pink eye.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) Athlete's foot.
(d) A cold sore.
5. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
6. Who burns Smith's crops?
(d) Von Bishop.
7. What university is Felix set to attend?
8. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
(a) He sends him back to the boat.
(b) He hits him with his rifle.
(c) He yells expletives at him.
(d) He shoots him in the head.
9. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) A war siren goes off.
(c) An earthquake strikes.
(d) A bombing raid begins.
10. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His best friend.
11. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Tells an off color joke.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Starts a fight.
(d) Brings up past family finance problems.
12. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) Three months.
13. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) East African Mounted Rifles.
(b) West Indies Trading Company.
(c) East African Trade Farmers.
(d) West African Volunteers.
14. Why is Liesel Von Bishop uncomfortable while traveling in Part One?
(a) She is ill.
(b) The heat.
(c) The smell.
(d) The noise.
15. What is Norman Espie's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
2. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
3. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
4. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
5. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)