|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A candystriper.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A doctor.
2. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, what ails Felix?
(a) A cold sore.
(b) Pink eye.
(c) A sprained ankle.
(d) Athlete's foot.
3. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(b) That they will return to England.
(c) That they will not serve in the military again.
(d) The British pay a ransom.
4. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane gets lost.
(b) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(c) The plane crashes.
(d) The plane gets shot down.
5. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
6. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
(a) The Kings purchasers of foreign weapons.
(b) A group of militant and rebellious African war lords.
(c) The only African troops in the British army.
(d) A group of peace keepers in Africa.
7. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
8. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) Mutiny among the crew.
(b) An administrative mistake.
(c) A mechanical problem.
(d) A change in orders.
9. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) Away from Africa.
(b) With Norman Espie.
(c) With Felix Cooper.
(d) To England.
10. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
11. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(b) Inheritance from their father.
(c) Their father's view of education.
(d) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
12. Where is Walter Smith from?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
13. What does Holland invite Felix too?
(a) An art opening.
(b) A movie premier.
(c) His family's Christmas dinner.
(d) A party hosted by his sister.
14. How many letters does Gabriel receive in Part Two, Chapter Four?
15. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
(a) Major Gleeson.
(b) Von Bishop.
(c) No one. Bilderbeck goes alone.
(d) Sir Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
2. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
3. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
4. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)