|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Felix in love with?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
3. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
5. What is Norman Espie's title?
6. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
7. What does Holland invite Felix too?
(a) A party hosted by his sister.
(b) An art opening.
(c) His family's Christmas dinner.
(d) A movie premier.
8. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
9. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A war siren goes off.
(b) A bombing raid begins.
(c) An earthquake strikes.
(d) The power goes out.
10. What is the name of Smith's wife?
11. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
(a) Near a hot dog cart.
(b) On the walk back to school.
(c) At a coffee stand.
(d) The nightclub bathroom.
12. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(a) Major Bilderbeck.
(c) Liesel Von Bishop.
(d) Reverand Norman Espie.
13. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To ask for work.
(b) To date his daughter.
(c) To collect taxes.
(d) To sell tobacco.
14. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(b) The plane gets shot down.
(c) The plane crashes.
(d) The plane gets lost.
15. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The Bronze Beret.
(b) The Golden Horseshoe.
(c) The OK Corral.
(d) The Golden Calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
2. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
3. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
4. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
5. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)