|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His best friend.
2. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
3. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
(b) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(c) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(d) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
4. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are resistant.
(b) They are accepting.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are pleased.
5. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
(a) Bright sunlight.
(b) Dense vegetation.
(c) A sandstorm.
6. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
(b) Boma Durio.
7. What is the name of Smith's wife?
8. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The Ritz.
(b) The Westin.
(c) The St. Francis.
(d) The Norfolk.
9. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
(a) What appetizers to serve.
(b) Felix being at the party.
(c) Who will leave the party to get ice.
(d) What music to play.
10. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
(a) Insuance representative.
(d) British diplomat.
11. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are suspected of being gay.
(b) They are college students.
(c) They are of a different race.
(d) They are not in the military.
12. Who are the askaris?
(b) African children.
(c) Native soldiers.
13. What does Holland invite Felix too?
(a) A party hosted by his sister.
(b) A movie premier.
(c) An art opening.
(d) His family's Christmas dinner.
14. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
(a) The nightclub bathroom.
(b) Near a hot dog cart.
(c) On the walk back to school.
(d) At a coffee stand.
15. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
(a) It is early.
(b) It is early and in the wrong location.
(c) The ship is damaged while docking.
(d) It is in the wrong location.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
2. What university is Felix set to attend?
3. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
4. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
5. What frustrates Walter in the army?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)