|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
2. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Brings up past family finance problems.
(b) Starts a fight.
(c) Tells an off color joke.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
3. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are accepting.
(c) They are resistant.
(d) They are pleased.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
(a) He thinks he is at the wrong house.
(b) He is impressed with her apartment.
(c) He thinks she is naked.
(d) He is annoyed that she ignores him.
5. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
(a) Dense vegetation.
(b) Bright sunlight.
(c) A sandstorm.
6. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
7. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
(a) Smith joins the army.
(b) Smith decides to leave Africa permanently.
(c) Smith returns to his family.
(d) Smith takes out a bank loan.
8. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
(b) Boma Durio.
9. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) The Americans join the war.
(b) Ther Germans leave Africa.
(c) The French surrender.
(d) The British sink a cruiser.
10. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(c) Professional athlete.
11. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A candystriper.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A doctor.
12. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(b) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A buggy.
13. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
14. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
(b) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(c) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
(d) Gabriel is caught in the open.
15. What university is Felix set to attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
2. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
3. What is Norman Espie's title?
4. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
5. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)