|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are resistant.
(b) They are pleased.
(c) They are accepting.
(d) They are excited.
2. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
3. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
4. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
(a) One year.
(b) Two and a half years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
6. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(a) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
(b) A buggy.
(d) A suitcase.
7. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is stabbed with bayonets.
(b) He is fired upon but escapes.
(c) He is shot in the leg.
(d) He is chased down and tied up.
8. Who burns Smith's crops?
(b) Von Bishop.
9. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(b) Reverand Norman Espie.
(c) Major Bilderbeck.
(d) Liesel Von Bishop.
10. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
11. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) He is a concionscious objector.
(b) He is in college.
(c) Poor eyesight.
(d) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
12. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
13. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A war siren goes off.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) A bombing raid begins.
(d) An earthquake strikes.
14. Who are the askaris?
(a) African children.
(d) Native soldiers.
15. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(a) His pay.
(c) His commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
2. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
4. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)