|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are resistant.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are accepting.
(d) They are pleased.
2. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Tells an off color joke.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Brings up past family finance problems.
(d) Starts a fight.
3. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
(a) A group of militant and rebellious African war lords.
(b) The only African troops in the British army.
(c) The Kings purchasers of foreign weapons.
(d) A group of peace keepers in Africa.
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
5. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
6. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
(a) British, German, American.
(b) Africans, British, German.
(c) Germans, African, British.
(d) Americans, British, African.
7. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A candystriper.
8. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The Norfolk.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The St. Francis.
(d) The Westin.
9. What university is Felix set to attend?
10. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
11. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Military success.
(b) Zero sum game.
(c) Diplomatic achievement.
(d) Complete failure.
12. What is the name of Smith's wife?
13. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(a) His commander.
(c) His pay.
14. What happens to Wheech-Browning in the plane?
(a) He is survives with minor injuries.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is lost in the African countryside.
(d) He is taken hostage.
15. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A war siren goes off.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) A bombing raid begins.
(d) An earthquake strikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
2. What is Norman Espie's title?
3. Where does Smith send his family?
4. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
5. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)