|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the askaris?
(a) Native soldiers.
(c) African children.
2. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two and a half years.
3. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
4. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(b) Liesel Von Bishop.
(c) Reverand Norman Espie.
(d) Major Bilderbeck.
5. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
(d) His parents.
6. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A bombing raid begins.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) A war siren goes off.
(d) An earthquake strikes.
7. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
8. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
9. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(b) Coffee seedlings.
(d) Tulip bulbs.
10. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
11. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
(a) Letters Gabriel began writing.
(b) Old family photos.
(c) Gabriel's dog tags.
(d) Her engagement ring.
12. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane crashes.
(b) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(c) The plane gets shot down.
(d) The plane gets lost.
13. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
14. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) The British pay a ransom.
(b) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(c) That they will return to England.
(d) That they will not serve in the military again.
15. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
2. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
3. What does Holland invite Felix too?
4. What happens to Wheech-Browning in the plane?
5. Why does Cobb return home?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)