|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Zero sum game.
(b) Diplomatic achievement.
(c) Military success.
(d) Complete failure.
2. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
3. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is shot in the leg.
(b) He is chased down and tied up.
(c) He is stabbed with bayonets.
(d) He is fired upon but escapes.
4. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
5. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(a) Major Bilderbeck.
(b) Liesel Von Bishop.
(c) Reverand Norman Espie.
6. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) Ther Germans leave Africa.
(b) The Americans join the war.
(c) The French surrender.
(d) The British sink a cruiser.
7. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
(a) To tell Smith to evacuate.
(b) To bring him fertilizer.
(c) To read him the Bible.
(d) To offer a ride to town.
8. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Their father's view of education.
(b) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(c) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(d) Inheritance from their father.
9. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are of a different race.
(b) They are suspected of being gay.
(c) They are college students.
(d) They are not in the military.
10. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
(d) His parents.
11. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
12. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
13. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) A change in orders.
(b) An administrative mistake.
(c) A mechanical problem.
(d) Mutiny among the crew.
14. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
(a) Africans, British, German.
(b) Americans, British, African.
(c) Germans, African, British.
(d) British, German, American.
15. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To date his daughter.
(b) To sell tobacco.
(c) To collect taxes.
(d) To ask for work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
2. Who burns Smith's crops?
3. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
4. Why does Cobb return home?
5. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)