|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university is Felix set to attend?
2. What is Norman Espie's title?
3. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The St. Francis.
(b) The Westin.
(c) The Norfolk.
(d) The Ritz.
4. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
5. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(a) Liesel Von Bishop.
(c) Major Bilderbeck.
(d) Reverand Norman Espie.
6. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
7. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) Small boats.
(b) Inflatable rafts.
(c) They walk on the dock.
(d) They swim.
8. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
(a) Near a hot dog cart.
(b) At a coffee stand.
(c) On the walk back to school.
(d) The nightclub bathroom.
9. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
10. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Complete failure.
(b) Military success.
(c) Diplomatic achievement.
(d) Zero sum game.
11. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
12. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A candystriper.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
13. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(b) The British pay a ransom.
(c) That they will return to England.
(d) That they will not serve in the military again.
14. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
15. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
2. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
3. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
4. What is the condition of the person who summons Walter?
5. How many letters does Gabriel receive in Part Two, Chapter Four?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)