|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
(c) Boma Durio.
2. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) A change in orders.
(b) A mechanical problem.
(c) Mutiny among the crew.
(d) An administrative mistake.
3. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
(a) He yells expletives at him.
(b) He shoots him in the head.
(c) He hits him with his rifle.
(d) He sends him back to the boat.
4. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
(c) British West Africa.
(d) German East Africa.
5. What is Norman Espie's title?
6. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) He is in college.
(c) He is a concionscious objector.
(d) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
7. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
(a) To read him the Bible.
(b) To tell Smith to evacuate.
(c) To bring him fertilizer.
(d) To offer a ride to town.
8. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(b) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
(c) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(d) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
9. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(a) His pay.
(d) His commander.
10. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
11. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The Norfolk.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The Westin.
(d) The St. Francis.
12. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(b) The plane gets lost.
(c) The plane crashes.
(d) The plane gets shot down.
13. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A candystriper.
14. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(c) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
15. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
(a) Insuance representative.
(d) British diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
2. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
4. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
5. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)