|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
2. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
(a) His foot.
(b) His elbow.
(c) His jaw.
(d) His wrist.
3. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) An earthquake strikes.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) A war siren goes off.
(d) A bombing raid begins.
4. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Tells an off color joke.
(b) Starts a fight.
(c) Brings up past family finance problems.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
5. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
(a) What appetizers to serve.
(b) Who will leave the party to get ice.
(c) Felix being at the party.
(d) What music to play.
6. Where is Walter Smith from?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
7. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are college students.
(b) They are not in the military.
(c) They are suspected of being gay.
(d) They are of a different race.
8. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
9. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
10. What is the condition of the person who summons Walter?
(a) He is intoxicated.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is angry.
11. How many letters does Gabriel receive in Part Two, Chapter Four?
12. What university is Felix set to attend?
13. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
14. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
(a) To offer a ride to town.
(b) To bring him fertilizer.
(c) To tell Smith to evacuate.
(d) To read him the Bible.
15. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(b) That they will not serve in the military again.
(c) That they will return to England.
(d) The British pay a ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frustrates Walter in the army?
2. Who summons Walter to meet him?
3. What is the name of Smith's wife?
4. What does Holland invite Felix too?
5. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)