|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are pleased.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are accepting.
(d) They are resistant.
2. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril leaves his wife.
(b) Cyril defects and goes to America.
(c) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
(d) Cyril is killed in France.
3. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(b) Their father's view of education.
(c) Inheritance from their father.
(d) Felix's role in the ceremony.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
(a) He is annoyed that she ignores him.
(b) He is impressed with her apartment.
(c) He thinks she is naked.
(d) He thinks he is at the wrong house.
5. What university is Felix set to attend?
6. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
7. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A candystriper.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A reporter.
8. What does Holland invite Felix too?
(a) An art opening.
(b) His family's Christmas dinner.
(c) A movie premier.
(d) A party hosted by his sister.
9. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
10. What happens to Wheech-Browning in the plane?
(a) He is lost in the African countryside.
(b) He is taken hostage.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is survives with minor injuries.
11. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane crashes.
(b) The plane gets shot down.
(c) The plane gets lost.
(d) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
12. Why is Liesel Von Bishop uncomfortable while traveling in Part One?
(a) The smell.
(b) She is ill.
(c) The heat.
(d) The noise.
13. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) He is a concionscious objector.
(b) He is in college.
(c) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
(d) Poor eyesight.
14. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
15. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(d) Professional athlete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Walter Smith from?
2. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
3. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
4. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
5. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)