|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are of a different race.
(b) They are suspected of being gay.
(c) They are college students.
(d) They are not in the military.
2. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(d) Professional athlete.
3. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
4. Why does Cobb return home?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) To take care of his ill father.
(d) To go back to school.
5. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
6. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
7. What is the name of Smith's wife?
8. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
(a) What appetizers to serve.
(b) Who will leave the party to get ice.
(c) Felix being at the party.
(d) What music to play.
9. What university is Felix set to attend?
10. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The Bronze Beret.
(b) The Golden Calf.
(c) The Golden Horseshoe.
(d) The OK Corral.
11. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
12. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(b) Coffee seedlings.
(d) Tulip bulbs.
13. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To ask for work.
(b) To date his daughter.
(c) To collect taxes.
(d) To sell tobacco.
14. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) He is in college.
(b) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
(c) He is a concionscious objector.
(d) Poor eyesight.
15. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
(b) German East Africa.
(c) British West Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gabriel's doctor?
2. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
3. Where is Walter Smith from?
4. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
5. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)