|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are not in the military.
(b) They are of a different race.
(c) They are suspected of being gay.
(d) They are college students.
2. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are resistant.
(b) They are accepting.
(c) They are pleased.
(d) They are excited.
3. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The Bronze Beret.
(b) The Golden Horseshoe.
(c) The OK Corral.
(d) The Golden Calf.
4. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two and a half years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
5. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
6. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
7. What nationality of soldiers are responsible for Gabriel fleeing?
8. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
9. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The Westin.
(b) The Norfolk.
(c) The St. Francis.
(d) The Ritz.
10. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Military success.
(b) Diplomatic achievement.
(c) Zero sum game.
(d) Complete failure.
11. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(b) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(c) Their father's view of education.
(d) Inheritance from their father.
12. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
(b) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(c) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(d) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
13. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
(a) Germans, African, British.
(b) British, German, American.
(c) Africans, British, German.
(d) Americans, British, African.
14. What is the name of Gabriel's doctor?
(a) Dr. Mohna.
(b) Dr. Dremme.
(c) Dr. Tarnga.
(d) Dr. Deppe.
15. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
(a) Who will leave the party to get ice.
(b) What appetizers to serve.
(c) Felix being at the party.
(d) What music to play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
2. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
3. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
4. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
5. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)