|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) A bombing raid begins.
(c) An earthquake strikes.
(d) A war siren goes off.
2. What happens to Wheech-Browning in the plane?
(a) He is taken hostage.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is lost in the African countryside.
(d) He is survives with minor injuries.
3. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
(a) It is early and in the wrong location.
(b) It is early.
(c) It is in the wrong location.
(d) The ship is damaged while docking.
4. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
(a) Dense vegetation.
(c) A sandstorm.
(d) Bright sunlight.
5. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
(a) What music to play.
(b) What appetizers to serve.
(c) Felix being at the party.
(d) Who will leave the party to get ice.
6. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His best friend.
7. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are pleased.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are resistant.
(d) They are accepting.
8. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril is killed in France.
(b) Cyril defects and goes to America.
(c) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
(d) Cyril leaves his wife.
9. What is the name of Smith's wife?
10. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is shot in the leg.
(b) He is chased down and tied up.
(c) He is fired upon but escapes.
(d) He is stabbed with bayonets.
11. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
(c) He is a concionscious objector.
(d) He is in college.
12. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are of a different race.
(b) They are college students.
(c) They are suspected of being gay.
(d) They are not in the military.
13. Who burns Smith's crops?
(a) Von Bishop.
14. Who are the askaris?
(b) Native soldiers.
(c) African children.
15. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Brings up past family finance problems.
(c) Starts a fight.
(d) Tells an off color joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
2. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
3. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
4. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
5. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)