|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(b) His commander.
(d) His pay.
2. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
3. What university is Felix set to attend?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
(a) Gabriel's dog tags.
(b) Letters Gabriel began writing.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) Old family photos.
5. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) In a dream sequence.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) Swimming in a pond.
(d) On a train.
6. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
(a) His parents.
7. Where is Walter Smith from?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
8. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
9. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(b) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
(c) A buggy.
(d) A suitcase.
10. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
(b) He is in college.
(c) He is a concionscious objector.
(d) Poor eyesight.
11. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
12. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The OK Corral.
(b) The Bronze Beret.
(c) The Golden Calf.
(d) The Golden Horseshoe.
13. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
14. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
(a) The sanitation state of the kitchen.
(b) The children's hands.
(c) The shining of his shoes.
(d) The children's beds.
15. What is the name of Smith's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
2. Who burns Smith's crops?
3. Who are the askaris?
4. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
5. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)