|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
2. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
(b) Insuance representative.
(c) British diplomat.
3. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
(a) Six months.
(b) One week.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
4. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
5. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The Bronze Beret.
(b) The Golden Calf.
(c) The Golden Horseshoe.
(d) The OK Corral.
6. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
(a) Von Bishop.
(b) Sir Arthur.
(c) No one. Bilderbeck goes alone.
(d) Major Gleeson.
7. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
8. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) With Felix Cooper.
(b) With Norman Espie.
(c) Away from Africa.
(d) To England.
9. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
10. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
(a) Letters Gabriel began writing.
(b) Gabriel's dog tags.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) Old family photos.
11. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) Mutiny among the crew.
(b) An administrative mistake.
(c) A mechanical problem.
(d) A change in orders.
12. What university is Felix set to attend?
13. Who burns Smith's crops?
(a) Von Bishop.
14. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are suspected of being gay.
(b) They are not in the military.
(c) They are of a different race.
(d) They are college students.
15. Who is Felix in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
2. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
3. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
4. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
5. Who are the askaris?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)