|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
(a) Letters Gabriel began writing.
(b) Her engagement ring.
(c) Gabriel's dog tags.
(d) Old family photos.
3. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) A mechanical problem.
(b) An administrative mistake.
(c) Mutiny among the crew.
(d) A change in orders.
4. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) One year.
5. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
6. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(c) His commander.
(d) His pay.
7. Who are the askaris?
(a) African children.
(d) Native soldiers.
8. What nationality of soldiers are responsible for Gabriel fleeing?
9. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
(a) The only African troops in the British army.
(b) A group of peace keepers in Africa.
(c) A group of militant and rebellious African war lords.
(d) The Kings purchasers of foreign weapons.
10. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) They walk on the dock.
(b) They swim.
(c) Inflatable rafts.
(d) Small boats.
11. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane gets shot down.
(b) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(c) The plane crashes.
(d) The plane gets lost.
12. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
(d) His parents.
13. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To sell tobacco.
(b) To collect taxes.
(c) To ask for work.
(d) To date his daughter.
14. Who burns Smith's crops?
(c) Von Bishop.
15. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The St. Francis.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The Norfolk.
(d) The Westin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
3. What is the name of Smith's wife?
4. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
5. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)