Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
(a) To bring him fertilizer.
(b) To read him the Bible.
(c) To offer a ride to town.
(d) To tell Smith to evacuate.
2. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) Inflatable rafts.
(b) Small boats.
(c) They swim.
(d) They walk on the dock.
3. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are suspected of being gay.
(b) They are college students.
(c) They are of a different race.
(d) They are not in the military.
4. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
5. Who summons Walter to meet him?
(a) General Tigne.
(b) Sir Wheech-Browning.
(c) Commander Wilford.
(d) Von Bishop.
6. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
(a) One week.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
7. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
8. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) The French surrender.
(b) Ther Germans leave Africa.
(c) The British sink a cruiser.
(d) The Americans join the war.
9. Where does Felix run into a prostitute?
(a) At a coffee stand.
(b) On the walk back to school.
(c) Near a hot dog cart.
(d) The nightclub bathroom.
10. What frustrates Walter in the army?
(a) His commander.
(c) His pay.
11. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
12. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane gets lost.
(b) The plane crashes.
(c) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(d) The plane gets shot down.
13. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
14. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril leaves his wife.
(b) Cyril defects and goes to America.
(c) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
(d) Cyril is killed in France.
15. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) Mutiny among the crew.
(b) An administrative mistake.
(c) A mechanical problem.
(d) A change in orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
2. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
3. Who burns Smith's crops?
4. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
5. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)