|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapters Four, Five and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the novel, what is Walter still obsessed with?
(a) His damaged coffee seeds.
(b) His stolen Decorticator.
(c) His ruined manuscript.
(d) His lost farmland.
2. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) Ther Germans leave Africa.
(b) The Americans join the war.
(c) The French surrender.
(d) The British sink a cruiser.
3. Where does Charis' affair begin?
(a) By the pond.
(b) In the pool.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At her apartment.
4. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
(a) Liesel Von Bishop.
(b) Reverand Norman Espie.
(c) Major Bilderbeck.
5. At the end of the novel, what does Felix look forward to?
(a) Returning to school.
(b) Reunification with his father.
(c) A quiet and peaceful journey home.
(d) Seeing his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charis having an affair with in Part Two, Chapter 13?
2. Who are the askaris?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Eighteen, who invites Felix for a drink?
4. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
5. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)