|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapters Four, Five and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
2. What language does Aristedes speak?
3. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are suspected of being gay.
(b) They are of a different race.
(c) They are not in the military.
(d) They are college students.
4. What news does the British soldier arriving in German territory bring?
(a) That the Americans have entered the war.
(b) That the Germans should retreat or face destruction.
(c) The war is over.
(d) That the fighting continues in southern Africa.
5. At the end of the novel, what does Felix look forward to?
(a) Seeing his mother.
(b) A quiet and peaceful journey home.
(c) Reunification with his father.
(d) Returning to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destination for Gabriel's unit?
2. What evidence is there that Gabriel is dead?
3. From whose point of view is Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
4. What is Norman Espie's title?
5. In Part Four, Chapter One, what does Wheech-Browning accidentally do?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)