|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapters Four, Five and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
(a) German East Africa.
(c) British West Africa.
2. What worries Charis' lover?
(a) That they will be caught.
(b) That he is hurting Charis by making her feel guilty.
(c) That Gabriel will find out.
(d) That he will lose Charis.
3. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) The British sink a cruiser.
(b) The Americans join the war.
(c) The French surrender.
(d) Ther Germans leave Africa.
4. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) East African Mounted Rifles.
(b) West African Volunteers.
(c) East African Trade Farmers.
(d) West Indies Trading Company.
5. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(b) The plane crashes.
(c) The plane gets shot down.
(d) The plane gets lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
2. What information does Felix find out about Gabriel?
3. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
4. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
5. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)