|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is chased down and tied up.
(b) He is fired upon but escapes.
(c) He is shot in the leg.
(d) He is stabbed with bayonets.
2. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
(a) The Kings purchasers of foreign weapons.
(b) A group of peace keepers in Africa.
(c) The only African troops in the British army.
(d) A group of militant and rebellious African war lords.
3. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Starts a fight.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Brings up past family finance problems.
(d) Tells an off color joke.
4. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
5. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) Liesl tells the German officers.
(b) A branch breaks.
(c) A dog barks.
(d) Gabriel trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
2. Who occupies Walter's farm in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
3. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
4. Where is Walter Smith from?
5. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)