|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) With Norman Espie.
(b) With Felix Cooper.
(c) Away from Africa.
(d) To England.
2. In Charis' letter to Gabriel in Part Two, what detail does she leave out?
(a) The location she is going to.
(b) The name of her lover.
(c) Where she can be contacted.
(d) The amount of her debts.
3. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
4. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
5. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
2. What main event occurs in Part Two, Chapter Four?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Three, who is Gabriel in love with?
4. What is Felix's reaction to the letter from Charis?
5. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)