|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
(b) Insuance representative.
(c) British diplomat.
2. How does Charis commit suicide?
(a) She overdoses on pills.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She doesn't commit suicide.
(d) She drowns.
3. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
4. What obstacle stands in the way for Felix and Gilzean?
(a) An enemy attack.
(b) A large river.
(c) Lack of supplies.
(d) An African dictator.
5. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
(a) Smokes cigarettes.
(b) Has his fortune told.
(c) Purchases alcohol.
(d) Visits a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Amory's party, what are Amory and Felix arguing over?
2. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
3. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
4. Where does Smith send his family?
5. In Part Three, why will fighting stop for two to three months?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)