|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Zero sum game.
(b) Complete failure.
(c) Diplomatic achievement.
(d) Military success.
2. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) Swimming in a pond.
(b) In a dream sequence.
(c) In a jail cell.
(d) On a train.
3. Where is Walter Smith from?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
4. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He is captured.
(c) He is demoted.
(d) He is killed.
5. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) West African Volunteers.
(b) West Indies Trading Company.
(c) East African Mounted Rifles.
(d) East African Trade Farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
2. Who does Felix stop to see on his way home from the nightclub?
3. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
4. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
5. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)