|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(a) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
(b) A suitcase.
(d) A buggy.
2. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) East African Mounted Rifles.
(b) West Indies Trading Company.
(c) West African Volunteers.
(d) East African Trade Farmers.
3. Who burns Smith's crops?
(d) Von Bishop.
4. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are not in the military.
(b) They are suspected of being gay.
(c) They are college students.
(d) They are of a different race.
5. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Tells an off color joke.
(c) Starts a fight.
(d) Brings up past family finance problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
2. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
3. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
4. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
5. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)