|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Sixteen through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To defect to the other side.
(b) To not return to combat.
(c) To stay with his comrades.
(d) To spy on the Germans.
2. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Brings up past family finance problems.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Starts a fight.
(d) Tells an off color joke.
3. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
4. Describe Charis' health in Part Two, Chapter Sixteen.
(a) Charis is not feeling well.
(b) Charis is in perfect health.
(c) Charis is relatively healthy.
(d) Charis has developed serious cancer.
5. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) West Indies Trading Company.
(b) East African Trade Farmers.
(c) East African Mounted Rifles.
(d) West African Volunteers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman Espie's title?
2. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
3. What happens to the Colonel in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen?
4. How does Gabriel stay in the hospital?
5. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)