|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Sixteen through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) East African Trade Farmers.
(b) East African Mounted Rifles.
(c) West African Volunteers.
(d) West Indies Trading Company.
2. Who are the askaris?
(b) African children.
(d) Native soldiers.
3. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) The Golden Horseshoe.
(b) The Golden Calf.
(c) The OK Corral.
(d) The Bronze Beret.
4. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
5. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril defects and goes to America.
(b) Cyril leaves his wife.
(c) Cyril is killed in France.
(d) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
2. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
3. What does Holland invite Felix too?
4. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
5. What shocks Walter when he enters his house?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)