|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eleven and Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Smith's wife?
2. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
(a) He yells expletives at him.
(b) He sends him back to the boat.
(c) He shoots him in the head.
(d) He hits him with his rifle.
3. What is Liesl's role at the hospital?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A candystriper.
(d) A nurse.
4. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
(a) British West Africa.
(d) German East Africa.
5. In Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Charis show Felix?
(a) Gabriel's dog tags.
(b) Letters Gabriel began writing.
(c) Old family photos.
(d) Her engagement ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
2. Where is Walter Smith from?
3. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
4. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
5. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)