|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eleven and Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) In a dream sequence.
(b) On a train.
(c) Swimming in a pond.
(d) In a jail cell.
2. What university is Felix set to attend?
3. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The Norfolk.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The Westin.
(d) The St. Francis.
4. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To date his daughter.
(b) To collect taxes.
(c) To ask for work.
(d) To sell tobacco.
5. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are of a different race.
(b) They are not in the military.
(c) They are suspected of being gay.
(d) They are college students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
2. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
3. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
4. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
5. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)