|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eleven and Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Part Two Chapters Ten and Eleven?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
2. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) Small boats.
(b) They swim.
(c) Inflatable rafts.
(d) They walk on the dock.
3. Who are the askaris?
(b) African children.
(c) Native soldiers.
4. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) East African Trade Farmers.
(b) West African Volunteers.
(c) East African Mounted Rifles.
(d) West Indies Trading Company.
5. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
(a) He sends him back to the boat.
(b) He hits him with his rifle.
(c) He shoots him in the head.
(d) He yells expletives at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
2. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
3. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
4. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)