|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eleven and Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are pleased.
(b) They are accepting.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are resistant.
2. Who are the askaris?
(c) African children.
(d) Native soldiers.
3. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
(a) Starts a fight.
(b) Tells an off color joke.
(c) Brings up past family finance problems.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
4. What happens to the biplane Wheech-Browing flies in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
(a) The plane gets lost.
(b) The plane crashes.
(c) The plane discovers a rogue African army.
(d) The plane gets shot down.
5. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A war siren goes off.
(b) An earthquake strikes.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) A bombing raid begins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
2. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
3. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
4. What university is Felix set to attend?
5. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)