|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eleven and Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the army Walter joins?
(a) East African Trade Farmers.
(b) West African Volunteers.
(c) West Indies Trading Company.
(d) East African Mounted Rifles.
2. In Part Two, Chapter Ten, what is Felix's first reaction to Amory?
(a) He is annoyed that she ignores him.
(b) He thinks she is naked.
(c) He is impressed with her apartment.
(d) He thinks he is at the wrong house.
3. While at the hospital, what news of the war does Liesl hear?
(a) Ther Germans leave Africa.
(b) The Americans join the war.
(c) The British sink a cruiser.
(d) The French surrender.
4. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To collect taxes.
(b) To sell tobacco.
(c) To date his daughter.
(d) To ask for work.
5. How many telegrams did Felix's family receive about Gabriel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
2. Who does Gabriel visit with during the voyage?
3. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
4. What is the name of Smith's wife?
5. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)