|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eight through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Diplomatic achievement.
(b) Zero sum game.
(c) Complete failure.
(d) Military success.
2. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To collect taxes.
(b) To date his daughter.
(c) To sell tobacco.
(d) To ask for work.
3. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
4. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) In a jail cell.
(b) In a dream sequence.
(c) On a train.
(d) Swimming in a pond.
5. What does Felix find out happens to Cyril?
(a) Cyril defects and goes to America.
(b) Cyril leaves his wife.
(c) Cyril is killed in France.
(d) Cyril is stationed in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Walter Smith from?
2. What body part of Gleeson's is destroyed?
3. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
4. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
5. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)