|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eight through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the askaris?
(a) African children.
(b) Native soldiers.
2. Why are Felix and Holland often discriminated against?
(a) They are suspected of being gay.
(b) They are college students.
(c) They are not in the military.
(d) They are of a different race.
3. What does Gabriel mistake bullets for?
4. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is shot in the leg.
(b) He is fired upon but escapes.
(c) He is stabbed with bayonets.
(d) He is chased down and tied up.
5. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(b) Inheritance from their father.
(c) Their father's view of education.
(d) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
2. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
3. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
4. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
5. What nationality burned down Smith's farm?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)