|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Eight through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) With Felix Cooper.
(b) To England.
(c) With Norman Espie.
(d) Away from Africa.
2. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Complete failure.
(b) Military success.
(c) Diplomatic achievement.
(d) Zero sum game.
3. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) That they will not serve in the military again.
(b) That they will return to England.
(c) The British pay a ransom.
(d) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
4. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(a) Tulip bulbs.
(c) Coffee seedlings.
5. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
2. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
3. Who are the askaris?
4. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
5. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)