|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
2. Who are the askaris?
(a) Native soldiers.
(c) African children.
3. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A war siren goes off.
(b) A bombing raid begins.
(c) An earthquake strikes.
(d) The power goes out.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
5. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
(a) Boma Durio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
2. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
3. Why is Liesel Von Bishop uncomfortable while traveling in Part One?
4. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
5. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)