|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(b) Professional athlete.
2. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) A bombing raid begins.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) An earthquake strikes.
(d) A war siren goes off.
3. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) Swimming in a pond.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) In a dream sequence.
(d) On a train.
4. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
(c) He is a concionscious objector.
(d) He is in college.
5. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) To England.
(b) Away from Africa.
(c) With Felix Cooper.
(d) With Norman Espie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
2. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
3. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
4. Who is Erich Von Bishop waiting for at the train station?
5. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)