|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters One through Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
(b) A suitcase.
(c) Nothing. They do not get a chance to pack.
(d) A buggy.
2. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Uncle and nephew.
3. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(a) Tulip bulbs.
(c) Coffee seedlings.
4. Who are the askaris?
(b) Native soldiers.
(d) African children.
5. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To ask for work.
(b) To sell tobacco.
(c) To collect taxes.
(d) To date his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who burns Smith's crops?
2. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
3. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
4. What university is Felix set to attend?
5. Where does Smith send his family?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)