|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters One through Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) Swimming in a pond.
(b) In a dream sequence.
(c) On a train.
(d) In a jail cell.
2. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(a) Coffee seedlings.
(d) Tulip bulbs.
3. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
4. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To sell tobacco.
(b) To ask for work.
(c) To collect taxes.
(d) To date his daughter.
5. Where is Walter Smith from?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
2. What is Norman Espie's title?
3. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
4. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
5. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)