|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters One through Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
(a) Has his fortune told.
(b) Smokes cigarettes.
(c) Purchases alcohol.
(d) Visits a prostitute.
2. Where does Walter decide to move his family to?
(a) Boma Durio.
3. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) Swimming in a pond.
(b) In a dream sequence.
(c) In a jail cell.
(d) On a train.
4. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) An earthquake strikes.
(b) A bombing raid begins.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) A war siren goes off.
5. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
(a) To read him the Bible.
(b) To bring him fertilizer.
(c) To offer a ride to town.
(d) To tell Smith to evacuate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
2. What does Smith pack his belongings in?
3. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
4. Who are the askaris?
5. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)