|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters One through Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(b) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(c) Their father's view of education.
(d) Inheritance from their father.
2. What mode of transportation does Smith use in Part One?
3. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
(a) Purchases alcohol.
(b) Has his fortune told.
(c) Visits a prostitute.
(d) Smokes cigarettes.
4. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
5. What is the name of the hotel Smith stays at after leaving his farm?
(a) The Ritz.
(b) The St. Francis.
(c) The Westin.
(d) The Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
2. What is Norman Espie's title?
3. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
4. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
5. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)