|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Eight through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts the Germans to the whereabouts of Gabriel?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A fire.
(c) Gabriel's tracks.
(d) Gabriel's scent.
2. Given the clues at the end of Part Two, what conclusion can be drawn about Charis?
(a) That she is an alcoholic.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is psychotic.
3. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(d) Professional athlete.
4. In Part Three, Chapter Two, who annoys Felix?
(a) Officer Smith.
(b) Lieutenant Loveday.
(c) Sergeant Gilzean.
5. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
(a) Garbriel surrenders.
(b) Gabriel faints.
(c) Gabriel vommits.
(d) Gabriel flees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Kings African Rifles?
2. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
3. The ________ continue the ________ campaign to draw _________ resources away from the war in Europe.
4. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
5. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)