|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Eight through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is stabbed with bayonets.
(b) He is fired upon but escapes.
(c) He is shot in the leg.
(d) He is chased down and tied up.
2. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) In a dream sequence.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) On a train.
(d) Swimming in a pond.
3. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) They walk on the dock.
(b) Small boats.
(c) They swim.
(d) Inflatable rafts.
4. Why does Gabriel want to stay in the hospital?
(a) To defect to the other side.
(b) To spy on the Germans.
(c) To not return to combat.
(d) To stay with his comrades.
5. How much time has elapsed between Part Two, Chapter Three and Part Two, Chapter Four?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
2. What is the name of the second hospital Gabriel is at?
3. Who escorts Bilderbeck to see Gabriel?
4. What is the name of the nightclub in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
5. At the end of Part Three, what information does Felix need to know?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)