|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Eight through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charis having an affair with in Part Two, Chapter 13?
(c) No one.
2. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To collect taxes.
(b) To date his daughter.
(c) To sell tobacco.
(d) To ask for work.
3. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
(a) Has his fortune told.
(b) Visits a prostitute.
(c) Smokes cigarettes.
(d) Purchases alcohol.
4. How many miles is it from where Felix gets off the train to Kibongo?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
5. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Sergeant Gilzean.
(b) Lieutenant Loveday.
(c) Von Bishop.
(d) Major Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the birds circling indicate?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, what does the Colonel do with Walter's advice?
3. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
4. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
5. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)