|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gabriel and Charis first meet?
2. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is stabbed with bayonets.
(b) He is fired upon but escapes.
(c) He is shot in the leg.
(d) He is chased down and tied up.
3. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) Away from Africa.
(b) With Felix Cooper.
(c) To England.
(d) With Norman Espie.
4. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(b) Their father's view of education.
(c) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
(d) Inheritance from their father.
5. The British attack on Tanga is a __________________.
(a) Diplomatic achievement.
(b) Zero sum game.
(c) Military success.
(d) Complete failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
3. What nationality of soldiers are responsible for Gabriel fleeing?
4. While at dinner with his family, what does Felix do that angers the rest of the family?
5. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)