|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Felix's professional ambitions?
(b) Professional athlete.
2. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) He is in college.
(b) He is a concionscious objector.
(c) Poor eyesight.
(d) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
3. How long does Liesel Von Bishop stay away from Africa?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two and a half years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
(a) Felix's role in the ceremony.
(b) Their father's view of education.
(c) Inheritance from their father.
(d) Gaberiel's beliefs on war.
5. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
(a) They are accepting.
(b) They are resistant.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Felix and Gabriel?
2. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
3. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
4. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
5. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)