|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
(a) In a dream sequence.
(b) Swimming in a pond.
(c) In a jail cell.
(d) On a train.
2. What is the setting of Part One, Chapter Four?
(a) British West Africa.
(d) German East Africa.
3. What is Mr. Essanje's occupation?
(a) Insuance representative.
(d) British diplomat.
4. What is Norman Espie's title?
5. Where does Smith send his family?
(a) With Norman Espie.
(b) Away from Africa.
(c) To England.
(d) With Felix Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
2. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
3. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
4. Who are the askaris?
5. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)