|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limits Gabriel's ability to see while marching towards Tanga?
(a) Bright sunlight.
(c) Dense vegetation.
(d) A sandstorm.
2. How many children does Smith have in Part One?
3. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To collect taxes.
(b) To ask for work.
(c) To date his daughter.
(d) To sell tobacco.
4. In Part Two, Chapter Five, how many soldiers remain on shore with Gabriel?
5. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
(a) Inflatable rafts.
(b) They walk on the dock.
(c) They swim.
(d) Small boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
2. Who are the askaris?
3. Why does Wheech-Browning actually come to Smith's farm?
4. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
5. What is the result of Smith's return to his farm in Part Two, Chapter Three?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)