|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
2. What nationality are the soldiers Gabriel is with?
3. What causes the Germans to fire on Gabriel?
(a) Gabriel fires on a German officer.
(b) The Indians fire on a British officer.
(c) Gabriel is caught in the open.
(d) Gleeson sacrifices himself for the rest of the infantry.
4. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) An earthquake strikes.
(b) A war siren goes off.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) A bombing raid begins.
5. What happens when Gabriel tries to flee?
(a) He is stabbed with bayonets.
(b) He is shot in the leg.
(c) He is chased down and tied up.
(d) He is fired upon but escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what country has fortified Tanga?
3. Who burns Smith's crops?
4. Who are the askaris?
5. How many letters does Gabriel receive in Part Two, Chapter Four?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)