|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) That they will return to England.
(b) That they will not serve in the military again.
(c) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(d) The British pay a ransom.
2. What event saves Felix, causing him to leave the dinner table and go outside?
(a) An earthquake strikes.
(b) A war siren goes off.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) A bombing raid begins.
3. What product is Smith buying in Chapter One?
(a) Coffee seedlings.
(d) Tulip bulbs.
4. What is the name of Smith's wife?
5. What taboo activity does Smith do in Part One?
(a) Purchases alcohol.
(b) Visits a prostitute.
(c) Has his fortune told.
(d) Smokes cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening scene in the novel takes place:
2. What is the setting of Part Two, Chapter One?
3. What country are the Von Bishop's from?
4. What causes confusion the first night for Gabriel and Charis in France?
5. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)