|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gabriel and Charis leave France when Austria declares war on who?
2. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
3. On what condition are the wounded allowed to leave Tanga?
(a) The British pay a ransom.
(b) That they will return to England.
(c) The British agree to leave Tanga and never return.
(d) That they will not serve in the military again.
4. Why does Smith think Wheech-Browning is coming to his farm?
(a) To ask for work.
(b) To collect taxes.
(c) To date his daughter.
(d) To sell tobacco.
5. Why is Liesel Von Bishop uncomfortable while traveling in Part One?
(a) The noise.
(b) She is ill.
(c) The heat.
(d) The smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the landing of Gabriel's ship in Part Two?
2. What does Major Hamish Cobb inspect before dinner?
3. How many letters does Gabriel receive in Part Two, Chapter Four?
4. What causes controversy between Felix and Gabriel?
5. What is Bilderbeck's response to a refusal of an Indian soldier to fight?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)