|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Part Two, Chapter Thirteen end?
(a) Charis and her lover are caught.
(b) Charis and her lover part seperate ways.
(c) Charis and her lover kiss.
(d) Charis and her lover decide to come out in public.
2. Why are Gabriel and his men stranded at anchor for sixteen days?
(a) An administrative mistake.
(b) Mutiny among the crew.
(c) A change in orders.
(d) A mechanical problem.
3. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
(a) Lieutenant Loveday.
(b) Sergeant Gilzean.
(c) Major Jordan.
(d) Von Bishop.
4. What song does Charis' lover hum?
(a) Man of Pompeii.
(b) Love of My Life.
(c) Lady of the Sea.
(d) Lily of Laguna.
5. Which of the following words best describes Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
2. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
3. How do Gabriel and his men get to shore in Part Two, Chapter Five?
4. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
5. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)