|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
2. In Part Three, Chapter Five, how long has Gabriel been a prisoner?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
(a) Garbriel surrenders.
(b) Gabriel vommits.
(c) Gabriel faints.
(d) Gabriel flees.
4. How long does Gabriel expect to be walking before meeting with British troops?
(a) One week.
(b) A day or two.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three or four days.
5. What feeling describes how Charis feels about her affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
2. While in confinement in Part Three, who questions Gabriel?
3. When Liesl visits Gabriel in confinement, how do they communicate?
4. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
5. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)