|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters Five through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of transportation does Charis and her lover use leaving the hotel?
(c) They walk.
2. What literary device does the author use to describe how Charis' affair started?
3. What alerts the Germans to Gabriel in Part Three, Chapter Five?
(a) A dog barks.
(b) A branch breaks.
(c) Liesl tells the German officers.
(d) Gabriel trips.
4. Why is Felix rejected for military service?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) He is unable to pass the physical fitness test.
(c) He is in college.
(d) He is a concionscious objector.
5. Where does Charis meet her lover in a hotel room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the African attitude towards the British landing?
2. What is Gabriel's response when a German officer and two askaris approach him?
3. Where does Charis' affair begin?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Four, Gabriel is on a ship heading from India to where?
5. For Charis, what does the end of the war mean?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)