|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 16-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Locke say national principles are natural?
(a) Grown men and women.
(c) Human beings.
(d) Children and idiost.
2. What idea does NOT come from sensation, according to Locke?
3. How does Locke characterize perception?
4. Abstraction is the ability to do what, according to Locke?
(a) See a concept in a sense experience.
(b) Turn an idea into a representative.
(c) Deduce a meaning from a category.
(d) Contradict an idea.
5. Discerning is the ability to do what, according to Locke?
(a) Correct one's ideas.
(b) Evaluate the propriety of things.
(c) Test an idea's truth value.
(d) Distinguish between things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the contemporary name for Locke's field of inquiry?
2. What does Locke say allows us to see ourselves as free agents?
3. What does Locke say perception creates?
4. What does Locke say justifies moral principles?
5. Which is NOT a method Locke describes for forming a complex idea?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)