|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does sensitive knowledge answer for Locke?
(a) How do we know we are not dreaming?
(b) What is the right way to resolve a crime?
(c) What is the color of an object?
(d) How do I know I exist?
2. What is the limit toward which our idea of number extends, according to Locke?
(a) Ultimate variety.
3. What does Locke argue against in Chapter 2 of Book I?
(a) The idea of transubstantiation.
(b) The idea of innate knowledge.
(c) The idea of original sin.
(d) The idea of cultural relativism.
4. What are modes, according to Locke?
(a) Halves of a paradox.
(c) Combinations of substances.
(d) Methods of describing things.
5. What do we have when an abstract idea cannot be broken down?
(a) Simple ideas.
(b) Detailed words.
(c) Complex ideas.
(d) Distinct ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can we talk about once we begin to abstract?
2. What does Locke say desires have in common?
3. What makes philosophers think that people do not have free will?
4. What is substance, according to Locke?
5. What is the relationship between reasons and faith, according to Locke?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)