|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 16-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a power, according to Locke?
(a) Something that liberates people from fate.
(b) Something that acts as fate for people.
(c) Something that can make a change in the world.
(d) Something that moves things in natural cycles.
2. How does Locke define passive powers?
(a) They are essential to the things themselves.
(b) They are the inertia of things.
(c) They only exist when more than two things come into contact.
(d) They have no internal direction.
3. Where does Locke say ideas come from?
(a) Collective unconscious.
4. How would you characterize Locke's description of knowledge in his introduction?
5. What does Locke's discussion of number lead into a discussion of?
(a) Seeing points of view.
(b) Reflecting on numbers.
(c) Constructing simple modes.
(d) Constructing complex modes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke say retention allows us to do?
2. Composition is the ability to do what, according to Locke?
3. How does Locke describe the work principles do?
4. What happens to the man in the illustration?
5. What does Locke say is ultimately grounded in pleasure and pain?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)