|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Catherine and Petra.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Petra and Morten.
2. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Five million crowns.
(b) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(c) One million crowns.
(d) Seventy thousand crowns.
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(a) Ship Captain.
5. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
2. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
3. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
4. When was Galileo born?
5. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)