|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
2. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Billing.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
3. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) A powerplant.
(b) The tannery.
(c) Oil drilling.
(d) A paper mill.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Start a new town.
(b) Take on the mayor.
(c) Back a newspaper.
(d) Test the water again.
5. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
2. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
3. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
4. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)