|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Billing.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
2. Who is the first person who enters as the captain is tidying up in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Billings.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) In a poor town.
(b) On an unstable hillside.
(c) In a bad location.
(d) On private land.
4. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) Who they are.
(b) If they are violent.
(c) Why they don't come in.
(d) What they want.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Not show up for his meeting.
(b) Tell them everything is fine.
(c) Treat the incoming water.
(d) Make recommendations for improvements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
2. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
4. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
5. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)