|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To talk softly.
(b) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(c) To talk for only ten minutes.
(d) To not offend anyone.
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
3. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Put them into action.
(b) Fine tune them.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Critique them.
4. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Captain Haley.
(c) Captain Holiday.
(d) Captain Hamblin.
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Don't publish the report.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) He commissioned his own report.
(d) He'd drop by later.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
4. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
5. How many pages is the report?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)