|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) He'd drop by later.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) Don't publish the report.
(d) He commissioned his own report.
2. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Fredric March.
(c) Victor Mature.
(d) John Barrymore.
3. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
4. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
(a) The editorial office of the People's Daily Messenger.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) Peter Stockman's residence.
(d) Captain Horster's house.
5. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(a) Morten Kill.
(c) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
3. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
5. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)