|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
2. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(b) To talk for only ten minutes.
(c) To not offend anyone.
(d) To talk softly.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) In a bad location.
(b) On private land.
(c) On an unstable hillside.
(d) In a poor town.
4. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Kill.
5. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(b) The weakest.
(d) Always right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
2. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
3. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
4. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
5. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)