|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
2. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(d) Hot toddies.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
(a) Protecting the people.
(b) Proving his worth.
(c) Fighting the bureaucrats.
(d) Reporting good news.
4. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Billing.
5. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
2. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
5. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)