|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
2. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
3. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
(a) Morten Kill.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Captain Horster.
4. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) What a man is.
(b) The definition of corruption.
(c) How the world works.
(d) What the truth is.
5. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
3. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
4. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
5. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)