|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
3. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
(a) Print the report immediately.
(b) Give him back the report.
(c) Destroy the report.
(d) Edit some of the report.
4. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The baton of command.
(b) The letter "I."
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) The needle of a compass.
5. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Morten and Ejlif.
(d) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
4. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
5. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)