|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Kirsten Springs.
(b) Mammoth Springs.
(c) Carlsbad Springs.
(d) Merrimac Springs.
2. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Published findings.
(b) Reason to panic.
(c) Conclusive evidence.
4. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
(a) Water Resource.
(b) City Engineering.
(c) Environmental Protection.
5. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) From the basement.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) From the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
2. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
4. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
5. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)