|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
(a) Open a waterpark.
(b) Poison the town.
(c) Create a fishing hole.
(d) Bring in tourists.
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
(a) To ignore the report.
(b) Accuse Tom of lying.
(c) Tax the townspeople.
(d) The water is corrected gradually.
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The west.
(b) The north.
(c) The east.
(d) The south.
4. As Peter speaks in Act II Scene 2, a man in the crowd shouts that Tom should be what?
(a) Run out of town.
(d) Made the mayor.
5. When was Galileo born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
2. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)