|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
(a) His coat.
(b) Peter's coat.
(c) His hat.
(d) Peter's hat.
2. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Merrimac Springs.
(b) Carlsbad Springs.
(c) Mammoth Springs.
(d) Kirsten Springs.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
(a) Tax the townspeople.
(b) To ignore the report.
(c) The water is corrected gradually.
(d) Accuse Tom of lying.
4. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
(a) Spoken with Sarah.
(b) Conducted the investigation.
(c) Spent the inheritance.
(d) Paid for Hovstad's bail.
5. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
2. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
3. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)