|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A juvenile.
(c) A murderer.
(d) An aristocrat.
2. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Mr. Billing.
3. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(a) Always right.
(d) The weakest.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Take on the mayor.
(b) Test the water again.
(c) Start a new town.
(d) Back a newspaper.
5. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
(a) Morten Kill.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
2. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
4. When was Galileo born?
5. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)