|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ejlif?
2. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
3. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) How the world works.
(b) The definition of corruption.
(c) What a man is.
(d) What the truth is.
4. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Critique them.
(b) Fine tune them.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Put them into action.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
2. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
3. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
4. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)