|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
2. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A liar.
(b) A lunatic.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Start a new town.
(b) Test the water again.
(c) Take on the mayor.
(d) Back a newspaper.
4. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A watch.
(b) Some documents.
(c) His coat.
(d) His hat and cane.
5. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Stir up the future.
(b) Grow up someday.
(c) Reinvent the wheel.
(d) Look after him when he's old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
2. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
3. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
4. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
5. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)