|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Mr. Billing.
2. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A watch.
(b) His coat.
(c) His hat and cane.
(d) Some documents.
3. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
(b) A sword.
(c) His brother's cane.
(d) An umbrella.
4. Who in Act II Scene 1 wants the article limited to the current matter and is not in favor of going after the entire city administration?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
5. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Carlsbad Springs.
(b) Merrimac Springs.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Mammoth Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
2. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
4. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)