|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) Oil drilling.
(b) A paper mill.
(c) A powerplant.
(d) The tannery.
3. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
(a) Morten Kill.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
4. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
5. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(a) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(b) Valuable to them.
(c) The messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
3. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
4. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
5. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)