|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter makes a motion that Tom be prohibited from what?
(a) Taking the pledge.
(b) Reading the report.
(d) Standing watch.
2. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Lewis Carroll.
3. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(a) Ship Captain.
4. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A juvenile.
(b) An aristocrat.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A traitor.
5. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) The letter "I."
(c) The needle of a compass.
(d) The baton of command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
2. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
3. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
4. Who is the first person who enters as the captain is tidying up in Act II Scene 2?
5. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)