|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Fine tune them.
(b) Filter out the bad ideas.
(c) Critique them.
(d) Put them into action.
2. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
3. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Kirsten Springs.
(b) Carlsbad Springs.
(c) Mammoth Springs.
(d) Merrimac Springs.
4. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To not offend anyone.
(b) To talk softly.
(c) To talk for only ten minutes.
(d) To not refer to the Institute by name.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
3. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
4. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)