|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(a) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(b) Valuable to them.
(d) The messiah.
2. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(c) The weakest.
(d) Always right.
3. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
4. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(c) Exposure to the world.
5. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
3. Who in Act II Scene 1 wants the article limited to the current matter and is not in favor of going after the entire city administration?
4. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
5. In Act II Scene 2, when Tom begins to speak some in the crowd complain that there is no what for the meeting?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)