|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) March through town.
(b) Publish his own paper.
(c) Tell everybody at church.
(d) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
2. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
3. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
4. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Imperial Theatre.
(b) Broadhurst Theater.
(c) Elizabethan Theater.
(d) Ambassador Theatre.
5. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
2. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
4. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)