|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A letter.
(d) A gift.
2. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
(a) From the attic.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) From the basement.
(d) Through the back door.
3. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(a) Infectious organic matter.
(c) Harmful bacteria.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
(a) A fraud.
(b) A conservative.
(d) A liberal.
5. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
(b) March through town.
(c) Publish his own paper.
(d) Tell everybody at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
2. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
3. How many pages is the report?
4. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)