|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
(a) The public.
(b) The minority.
(c) The majority.
(d) The government.
2. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To not offend anyone.
(b) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(c) To talk for only ten minutes.
(d) To talk softly.
3. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
(b) Raw materials.
4. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The City Engineering Department.
(c) The Mayor's office.
(d) Kirsten Springs Institute.
5. How many pages is the report?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
2. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
3. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
4. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
5. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)