|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(b) To talk softly.
(c) To talk for only ten minutes.
(d) To not offend anyone.
2. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(b) All the power.
(c) The Mayor's office.
(d) Incredible wealth.
3. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Kill.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
4. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Don't publish the report.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) He commissioned his own report.
(d) He'd drop by later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
2. How old is Ejlif?
3. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
5. When was Galileo born?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)