|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter makes a motion that Tom be prohibited from what?
(b) Reading the report.
(c) Standing watch.
(d) Taking the pledge.
2. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
3. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(a) Captain Horster.
(c) Morten Kill.
4. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
(a) Lightning is made of electricity.
(b) The earth revolves around the sun.
(c) The earth is flat.
(d) Apple's fall from trees.
5. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
2. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
3. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
4. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
5. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)