|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
2. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The needle of a compass.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) The letter "I."
(d) The baton of command.
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Reinvent the wheel.
(b) Grow up someday.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Stir up the future.
4. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
(a) Captain Haley.
(b) Captain Holiday.
(c) Captain Hamblin.
(d) Captain Horster.
5. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Petra Stockmann.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
3. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
4. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
5. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)