|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jesus crucified?
2. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
3. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
4. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Fredric March.
(c) John Barrymore.
(d) Victor Mature.
5. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The Institute.
(b) The environment.
(c) The family.
(d) The town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains that he had to hold a lecture since no one would rent him what?
2. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
3. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
4. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
5. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)