|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
3. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(b) A patient.
5. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
2. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
3. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
4. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)