|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
2. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(b) The messiah.
(c) Valuable to them.
(d) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A tall tale.
(b) A dream.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A hallucination.
4. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The tannery.
(b) The springs.
(c) The mill.
(d) The hospital.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Conclusive evidence.
(b) Published findings.
(c) Reason to panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
3. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
4. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
5. How old is Ejlif?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)