|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
(a) Get together.
(c) Public forum.
2. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
3. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
4. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A dream.
(b) A tall tale.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A hallucination.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
3. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
4. How many pages is the report?
5. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)