|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
3. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
(a) Peter's coat.
(b) His coat.
(c) Peter's hat.
(d) His hat.
4. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A gift.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A letter.
5. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(b) Mr. Kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
2. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
3. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
5. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)