|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine enters after Tom in Act II Scene 1 and demands that he do what?
(a) Forget the report.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Come home immediately.
(d) Talk to his brother.
2. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Kirten Springs.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) The Mayors office.
(d) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
3. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) In a bad location.
(b) In a poor town.
(c) On private land.
(d) On an unstable hillside.
5. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) How the world works.
(b) What the truth is.
(c) What a man is.
(d) The definition of corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
2. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
4. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
5. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)