|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(d) Hot toddies.
2. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
3. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Billing.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
4. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
5. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
4. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)