|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Catherine and Petra.
(b) Petra and Morten.
(c) Captain Horster.
2. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
3. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The next day.
(b) He talks to Peter.
(c) A second sample is tested.
(d) He informs the city council.
4. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(a) Hot toddies.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
3. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)