|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
2. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
(a) His brother's cane.
(b) A sword.
(c) An umbrella.
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The north.
(b) The south.
(c) The west.
(d) The east.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
(a) The public.
(b) The environment.
5. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
2. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
3. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)