|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
(a) Tom will never be mayor.
(b) Tom is discredited.
(c) Tom disappears.
(d) Tom is fired from the Institute.
2. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The springs.
(b) The mill.
(c) The tannery.
(d) The hospital.
3. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Petra Stockmann.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
4. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Five million crowns.
(b) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(c) One million crowns.
(d) Seventy thousand crowns.
5. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The letter "I."
(b) The needle of a compass.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) The baton of command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
2. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
5. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)