|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Pest hole.
(b) Death sentence.
(c) Cess pool.
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The schools.
(b) The bureaucrats.
(c) The church.
(d) The wealthy.
3. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) A factory.
(b) The neighboring town.
(c) A pig farm.
(d) The tannery.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
(a) Truth was born.
(b) The town starts to die.
(c) Brothers battled.
(d) Questions were answered.
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(a) Infectious organic matter.
(c) Harmful bacteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
2. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
5. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)