|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) The federal government.
(b) The local university lab.
(c) A childhood friend.
(d) His neighbor.
2. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Kill.
3. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(d) A patient.
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) He commissioned his own report.
(b) He'd drop by later.
(c) Don't publish the report.
(d) Disregard the findings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
3. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
4. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
5. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)