|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Morten and Ejlif.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
2. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) He'd drop by later.
(b) Don't publish the report.
(c) Disregard the findings.
(d) He commissioned his own report.
3. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(a) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(b) Valuable to them.
(c) The messiah.
4. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
5. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
2. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
3. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
5. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)