|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) In a poor town.
(b) In a bad location.
(c) On private land.
(d) On an unstable hillside.
2. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(b) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) Kirten Springs.
(d) The Mayors office.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Make recommendations for improvements.
(b) Not show up for his meeting.
(c) Tell them everything is fine.
(d) Treat the incoming water.
4. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
(a) An egomaniac.
(c) A liar.
(d) A traitor.
5. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
3. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
4. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)