|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The letter "I."
(b) The baton of command.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) The needle of a compass.
2. How old is Ejlif?
3. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Critique them.
(b) Fine tune them.
(c) Put them into action.
(d) Filter out the bad ideas.
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(b) A patient.
5. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(b) Captain Horster.
(d) Morten Kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
2. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
3. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)