|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
(b) Tell everybody at church.
(c) Publish his own paper.
(d) March through town.
2. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Critique them.
(b) Put them into action.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Fine tune them.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
(a) To ignore the report.
(b) The water is corrected gradually.
(c) Accuse Tom of lying.
(d) Tax the townspeople.
4. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
5. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(b) Death sentence.
(c) Cess pool.
(d) Pest hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
2. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
3. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
4. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
5. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)