|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) The tannery.
(b) A powerplant.
(c) A paper mill.
(d) Oil drilling.
2. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
3. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
4. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Morten Kill.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A dream.
(c) A tall tale.
(d) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
2. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
5. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)