|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(a) Secretary of the Magistrate.
(c) Tax collector.
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(b) Exposure to the world.
3. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
(b) A liar.
(c) An egomaniac.
(d) A traitor.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A tall tale.
(c) A dream.
(d) A nightmare.
5. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
2. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
3. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)