|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Victor Mature.
(b) John Barrymore.
(c) Fredric March.
(d) Cary Grant.
2. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Petra Stockmann.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
(b) A bird watcher.
(c) An underdog.
4. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Conclusive evidence.
(c) Reason to panic.
(d) Published findings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
2. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
3. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
4. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
5. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)