|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Morten and Ejlif.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
2. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
3. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
4. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) A paper mill.
(b) Oil drilling.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A powerplant.
5. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) From the basement.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) From the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
3. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
4. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)