|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(c) Ship Captain.
2. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
(a) A fraud.
(b) A liberal.
(c) A conservative.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
4. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) What the truth is.
(b) How the world works.
(c) What a man is.
(d) The definition of corruption.
5. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
2. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
3. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
5. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)