|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Elizabethan Theater.
(b) Ambassador Theatre.
(c) Broadhurst Theater.
(d) Imperial Theatre.
2. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Kirten Springs.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(d) The Mayors office.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) A scandal.
(b) A joke.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) Very interesting.
5. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(b) All the power.
(c) The Mayor's office.
(d) Incredible wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
2. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
3. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
4. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)