|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) How the world works.
(b) What the truth is.
(c) The definition of corruption.
(d) What a man is.
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) Very interesting.
(b) A joke.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) A scandal.
3. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Lewis Carroll.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) In a bad location.
(b) On private land.
(c) In a poor town.
(d) On an unstable hillside.
5. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The town.
(b) The environment.
(c) The family.
(d) The Institute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
3. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
4. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)