|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(b) The mayor's office.
(c) The springs.
(d) A church.
2. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Ambassador Theatre.
(b) Imperial Theatre.
(c) Broadhurst Theater.
(d) Elizabethan Theater.
3. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(b) Ship Captain.
4. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
5. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Mammoth Springs.
(b) Kirsten Springs.
(c) Carlsbad Springs.
(d) Merrimac Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
3. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
5. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)