|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The church.
(c) The schools.
(d) The bureaucrats.
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Stir up the future.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
4. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) Kirsten Springs Institute.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The City Engineering Department.
(d) The Mayor's office.
5. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Catherine and Petra.
(b) Petra and Morten.
(d) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
2. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
3. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
4. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
5. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)