|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Death sentence.
(c) Cess pool.
(d) Pest hole.
2. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Published findings.
(b) Conclusive evidence.
(d) Reason to panic.
3. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) A paper mill.
(b) The tannery.
(c) Oil drilling.
(d) A powerplant.
4. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Carlsbad Springs.
(b) Merrimac Springs.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Mammoth Springs.
5. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
3. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
4. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
5. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)