|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The east.
(b) The north.
(c) The west.
(d) The south.
2. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
(a) Spoken with Sarah.
(b) Spent the inheritance.
(c) Conducted the investigation.
(d) Paid for Hovstad's bail.
3. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
4. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(d) Exposure to the world.
5. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) A second sample is tested.
(b) He talks to Peter.
(c) He informs the city council.
(d) The next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
3. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
5. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)