|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The church.
(b) The schools.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The bureaucrats.
3. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
(a) Captain Hamblin.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Captain Holiday.
(d) Captain Haley.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) In a bad location.
(b) In a poor town.
(c) On an unstable hillside.
(d) On private land.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) A joke.
(b) A scandal.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) Very interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
2. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
4. How many pages is the report?
5. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)