|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
(b) Lewis Carroll.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
2. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Treat the incoming water.
(b) Not show up for his meeting.
(c) Tell them everything is fine.
(d) Make recommendations for improvements.
3. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(a) Ship Captain.
4. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) A scandal.
(b) A joke.
(c) Very interesting.
(d) An epidemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
4. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
5. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)