|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Shout on a street corner.
(b) Test the water himself.
(c) Go to the city council.
(d) Write an editorial.
2. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Petra and Morten.
(c) Catherine and Petra.
3. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(d) Exposure to the world.
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) An epidemic.
(b) A joke.
(c) Very interesting.
(d) A scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
2. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
3. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
4. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
5. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)