|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) He talks to Peter.
(b) The next day.
(c) A second sample is tested.
(d) He informs the city council.
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Morten Kill.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
3. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(b) Seventy thousand crowns.
(c) Five million crowns.
(d) One million crowns.
4. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Disregard the findings.
(b) Don't publish the report.
(c) He'd drop by later.
(d) He commissioned his own report.
5. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The tannery.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The mill.
(d) The springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
2. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
3. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
4. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
5. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)