|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The next day.
(b) He talks to Peter.
(c) A second sample is tested.
(d) He informs the city council.
2. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
3. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Morten and Ejlif.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
4. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(d) Ship Captain.
5. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(b) Death sentence.
(c) Pest hole.
(d) Cess pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
2. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
3. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
4. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
5. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)