|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
2. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Kill.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
3. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) The Mayor's office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The City Engineering Department.
(d) Kirsten Springs Institute.
4. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) The tannery.
(b) A paper mill.
(c) Oil drilling.
(d) A powerplant.
5. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Imperial Theatre.
(b) Elizabethan Theater.
(c) Broadhurst Theater.
(d) Ambassador Theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)