|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) The tannery.
(b) Oil drilling.
(c) A paper mill.
(d) A powerplant.
2. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
4. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The mill.
(b) The springs.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The tannery.
5. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Petra Stockmann.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
2. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
3. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
4. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)