|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
2. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A gift.
(c) A letter.
(d) A jacket.
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
5. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
(b) Lewis Carroll.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
2. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
3. How many pages is the report?
4. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)