|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Harmful bacteria.
(c) Infectious organic matter.
2. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Henrik Ibsen.
(d) Lewis Carroll.
3. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Billing.
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
5. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
3. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
4. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
5. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)