|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
2. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
3. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) The federal government.
(b) The local university lab.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) A childhood friend.
4. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) A pig farm.
(b) The neighboring town.
(c) A factory.
(d) The tannery.
5. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Morten Kill.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
2. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
3. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
5. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)