|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
2. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(d) Ship Captain.
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Reinvent the wheel.
(b) Look after him when he's old.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Stir up the future.
4. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
(a) The springs.
(b) A church.
(c) The mayor's office.
(d) Tom Stockmann's residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
3. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
4. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)