|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Reinvent the wheel.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Stir up the future.
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Fine tune them.
(b) Critique them.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Put them into action.
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
2. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
3. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
4. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
5. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)