|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A letter.
(b) A gift.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A jacket.
2. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Filter out the bad ideas.
(b) Fine tune them.
(c) Critique them.
(d) Put them into action.
3. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Cess pool.
(c) Pest hole.
(d) Death sentence.
4. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
5. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
2. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
3. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
5. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)