|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The springs.
(b) The mill.
(c) The tannery.
(d) The hospital.
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Morten Kill.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
3. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Mammoth Springs.
(b) Merrimac Springs.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Carlsbad Springs.
4. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Death sentence.
(b) Pest hole.
(c) Cess pool.
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Infectious organic matter.
(d) Harmful bacteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
2. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
3. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
4. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)