|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Broadhurst Theater.
(b) Ambassador Theatre.
(c) Elizabethan Theater.
(d) Imperial Theatre.
2. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
(a) The mayor's office.
(b) The springs.
(c) A church.
(d) Tom Stockmann's residence.
3. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(c) Hot toddies.
4. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
5. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
2. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
3. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
4. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)