|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Petra Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Reinvent the wheel.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Stir up the future.
3. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Kill.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Billing.
4. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
5. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A letter.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A gift.
(d) A jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages is the report?
2. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
3. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
4. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
5. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)