|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(c) Hot toddies.
2. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Kirsten Springs.
(b) Mammoth Springs.
(c) Carlsbad Springs.
(d) Merrimac Springs.
3. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(c) Exposure to the world.
4. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Look after him when he's old.
(b) Stir up the future.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
5. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
2. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
3. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
4. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
5. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)