|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Lewis Carroll.
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(b) Exposure to the world.
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
(a) A church.
(b) The springs.
(c) The mayor's office.
(d) Tom Stockmann's residence.
4. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
5. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Kill.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
3. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
4. How many pages is the report?
5. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)