|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
2. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Ambassador Theatre.
(b) Imperial Theatre.
(c) Broadhurst Theater.
(d) Elizabethan Theater.
3. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Mammoth Springs.
(b) Merrimac Springs.
(c) Carlsbad Springs.
(d) Kirsten Springs.
4. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Karma Springs.
(b) Karney Springs.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Killroy Springs.
5. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Kill.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
3. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
4. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
5. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)