|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Reinvent the wheel.
(b) Look after him when he's old.
(c) Stir up the future.
(d) Grow up someday.
2. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(c) Infectious organic matter.
(d) Harmful bacteria.
3. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gift.
(d) A jacket.
4. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Carlsbad Springs.
(b) Mammoth Springs.
(c) Merrimac Springs.
(d) Kirsten Springs.
5. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
4. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)