|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Treat the incoming water.
(b) Make recommendations for improvements.
(c) Tell them everything is fine.
(d) Not show up for his meeting.
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The bureaucrats.
(b) The church.
(c) The schools.
(d) The wealthy.
3. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
4. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
5. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) March through town.
(b) Tell everybody at church.
(c) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
(d) Publish his own paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Tom signs the statement Peter presents in Act III, Peter promises Tom will what?
2. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
5. In Act III, Peter warns Tom that if he attempts to publicize the report in other regions, he will do what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)