|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Victor Mature.
(c) John Barrymore.
(d) Fredric March.
2. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
3. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(c) Infectious organic matter.
(d) Harmful bacteria.
4. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) A second sample is tested.
(b) He informs the city council.
(c) The next day.
(d) He talks to Peter.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
(a) Stockpile water.
(b) Cure the sick and dying.
(c) Increase revenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
2. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
3. Captain Horster lost his position with his company because of what in Act III?
4. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
5. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)