|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Killroy Springs.
(b) Karney Springs.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Karma Springs.
2. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) What they want.
(b) Who they are.
(c) If they are violent.
(d) Why they don't come in.
3. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
(b) Captain Horster.
4. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) The baton of command.
(c) The letter "I."
(d) The needle of a compass.
5. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
(b) The town.
(c) People's lives.
(d) The springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
2. In Act III, Tom declares he will establish a new school where he and who will teach children to be free and independent people?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
4. In Act III, a petition is being circulated to each family to vow not to call on Tom for what?
5. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)