|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act III, a petition is being circulated to each family to vow not to call on Tom for what?
(a) Scientific analysis.
(c) Medical needs.
2. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
(a) Accuse Tom of lying.
(b) To ignore the report.
(c) The water is corrected gradually.
(d) Tax the townspeople.
5. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The east.
(b) The south.
(c) The north.
(d) The west.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
3. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
5. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)