|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(d) Exposure to the world.
2. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) The tannery.
(b) The neighboring town.
(c) A pig farm.
(d) A factory.
3. Who volunteers his house for the location of a new school in Act III?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
4. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
5. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
(a) The earth revolves around the sun.
(b) The earth is flat.
(c) Apple's fall from trees.
(d) Lightning is made of electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
2. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
3. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
4. Who was beat up at school for defending his father in Act III?
5. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)