|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Horster lost his position with his company because of what in Act III?
(a) His friendship with Tom.
(c) A bad economy.
(d) The steering of his vessel.
2. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The family.
(b) The Institute.
(c) The town.
(d) The environment.
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Stir up the future.
(b) Look after him when he's old.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A dream.
(c) A tall tale.
(d) A nightmare.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
2. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
3. What is the setting of Act III?
4. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
5. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)