|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) From the basement.
(c) From the attic.
(d) Through the front door.
2. Who arrives to inform Tom that he lost his position at the Institute in Act III?
(a) Captain Horster.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
3. In Act III, a petition is being circulated to each family to vow not to call on Tom for what?
(a) Scientific analysis.
(b) Medical needs.
4. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The family.
(b) The Institute.
(c) The town.
(d) The environment.
5. How old is Ejlif?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act III, Catherine's father suggests that perhaps the people who seemed to become sick from the water were what?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Billing tells Catherine that the meeting will prove to not be a place for what?
3. What is the setting of Act III?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
5. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)