|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To not offend anyone.
(b) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(c) To talk for only ten minutes.
(d) To talk softly.
2. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
3. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) If they are violent.
(b) What they want.
(c) Why they don't come in.
(d) Who they are.
4. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
5. If Tom signs the statement Peter presents in Act III, Peter promises Tom will what?
(a) Not lose his house.
(b) Get his job back.
(c) Be rich.
(d) Have medical patients again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
2. In Act III, a petition is being circulated to each family to vow not to call on Tom for what?
3. What is the setting of Act III?
4. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
5. In Act III, Tom assures Catherine that those who fight for the truth are often ____ but they are made stronger because of their struggle.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)