|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The needle of a compass.
(b) The letter "I."
(c) The baton of command.
(d) A fishing pole.
2. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) His coat.
(b) Some documents.
(c) A watch.
(d) His hat and cane.
3. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
4. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The south.
(b) The west.
(c) The east.
(d) The north.
5. Where was Jesus crucified?
Short Answer Questions
1. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
2. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
3. In the beginning of Act III, Tom tells Catherine everything will be okay when they relocate where?
4. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)