|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
(a) The government.
(b) The majority.
(c) The minority.
(d) The public.
2. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster's house.
(b) The editorial office of the People's Daily Messenger.
(c) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(d) Peter Stockman's residence.
3. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) The local university lab.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) The federal government.
(d) His neighbor.
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
5. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Test the water himself.
(b) Shout on a street corner.
(c) Go to the city council.
(d) Write an editorial.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
2. How many pages is the report?
3. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
4. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
5. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)