|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) Publish his own paper.
(b) Tell everybody at church.
(c) March through town.
(d) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Reinvent the wheel.
(c) Stir up the future.
(d) Look after him when he's old.
3. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
4. Who volunteers his house for the location of a new school in Act III?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Captain Horster.
5. In Act III, Tom declares he will establish a new school where he and who will teach children to be free and independent people?
(c) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
3. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
4. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
5. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)