|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
2. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
3. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
4. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(a) Hot toddies.
5. In Act III, Tom asks Hovstad if the paper will support what for the reconstruction of the Springs?
(a) The timeframe.
(b) The taxes.
(c) Water shortages.
(d) The environmental damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to inform Tom that he lost his position at the Institute in Act III?
2. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
3. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
5. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)