|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
2. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Filter out the bad ideas.
(b) Fine tune them.
(c) Put them into action.
(d) Critique them.
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The bureaucrats.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The church.
(d) The schools.
4. Who arrives to inform Tom that he lost his position at the Institute in Act III?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Captain Horster.
5. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
2. In Act III, Catherine's father attributes much of Tom's action to what?
3. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
4. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)