|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Morten Kill.
3. In Act III, Tom assures Catherine that those who fight for the truth are often ____ but they are made stronger because of their struggle.
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(c) Infectious organic matter.
(d) Harmful bacteria.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
(b) A liberal.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A conservative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
2. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
3. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
4. Who is sweeping up glass in the beginning of Act III?
5. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)