|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
2. In Act III, Tom assures Catherine that those who fight for the truth are often ____ but they are made stronger because of their struggle.
3. Who was beat up at school for defending his father in Act III?
4. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Petra Stockmann.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
5. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
2. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
3. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
4. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)