|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
2. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
4. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(b) To talk for only ten minutes.
(c) To not offend anyone.
(d) To talk softly.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
(a) The town starts to die.
(b) Questions were answered.
(c) Truth was born.
(d) Brothers battled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
4. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)