|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
2. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
(a) Peter Stockman's residence.
(b) The editorial office of the People's Daily Messenger.
(c) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(d) Captain Horster's house.
3. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(b) A patient.
4. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
5. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
2. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
3. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
5. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)