|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) On an unstable hillside.
(b) In a bad location.
(c) In a poor town.
(d) On private land.
2. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
3. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
4. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
5. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The baton of command.
(b) The letter "I."
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) The needle of a compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
3. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
4. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
5. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)