|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
(a) Peter's coat.
(b) His coat.
(c) Peter's hat.
(d) His hat.
2. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom states that in the past Hovstad had fought for what?
(a) Women's rights.
(b) Free speech.
(d) Religious rights.
3. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(a) The Mayor's office.
(b) Incredible wealth.
(d) All the power.
4. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) Publish his own paper.
(b) March through town.
(c) Tell everybody at church.
(d) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
(b) A bird watcher.
(d) An underdog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
2. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
4. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
5. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)