|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
(a) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(b) Captain Horster's house.
(c) Peter Stockman's residence.
(d) The editorial office of the People's Daily Messenger.
2. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
3. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
4. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Kirten Springs.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) The Mayors office.
(d) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
5. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
(a) Peter's coat.
(b) Peter's hat.
(c) His hat.
(d) His coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jesus crucified?
2. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
3. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom states that in the past Hovstad had fought for what?
4. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
5. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)