|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Treat the incoming water.
(b) Tell them everything is fine.
(c) Not show up for his meeting.
(d) Make recommendations for improvements.
2. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) The needle of a compass.
(c) The letter "I."
(d) The baton of command.
4. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A tall tale.
(d) A dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter makes a motion that Tom be prohibited from what?
2. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
3. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
4. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
5. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)