|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(c) Always right.
(d) The weakest.
2. What is the setting of Act II Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Billing's house.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen's house.
(c) Mr. Hovstad's house.
(d) Captain Horster's house.
3. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Test the water himself.
(b) Shout on a street corner.
(c) Write an editorial.
(d) Go to the city council.
4. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Kirten Springs.
(b) The Mayors office.
(c) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(d) Tom Stockmann's residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
2. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
3. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
5. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)