|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
(a) Tom is fired from the Institute.
(b) Tom is discredited.
(c) Tom disappears.
(d) Tom will never be mayor.
2. How old is Ejlif?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) A scandal.
(b) A joke.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) Very interesting.
4. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
(a) Mr. Kill's.
(b) Captain Horster's.
(c) His own.
5. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The letter "I."
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) The needle of a compass.
(d) The baton of command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
5. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)