|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A tall tale.
(b) A hallucination.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A dream.
2. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
3. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
4. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
(a) Environmental Protection.
(b) Water Resource.
(d) City Engineering.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) Very interesting.
(b) A joke.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) A scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
2. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
4. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
5. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)