|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Back a newspaper.
(b) Test the water again.
(c) Take on the mayor.
(d) Start a new town.
2. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
(a) Destroy the report.
(b) Print the report immediately.
(c) Edit some of the report.
(d) Give him back the report.
3. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
(c) Raw materials.
4. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(d) Mr. Kill.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
(a) A fraud.
(c) A conservative.
(d) A liberal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act II Scene 2?
2. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
3. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
4. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
5. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)