|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(b) Catherine and Petra.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Petra and Morten.
2. When was Galileo born?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
(a) Open a waterpark.
(b) Bring in tourists.
(c) Create a fishing hole.
(d) Poison the town.
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains that he had to hold a lecture since no one would rent him what?
(a) A church.
(b) A hall.
(c) A stage.
(d) A park.
5. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) The baton of command.
(c) The needle of a compass.
(d) The letter "I."
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
2. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
3. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
4. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
5. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)