|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
2. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) Why they don't come in.
(b) If they are violent.
(c) What they want.
(d) Who they are.
3. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A watch.
(b) His coat.
(c) His hat and cane.
(d) Some documents.
4. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(a) Secretary of the Magistrate.
(d) Tax collector.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
(a) Poison the town.
(b) Create a fishing hole.
(c) Bring in tourists.
(d) Open a waterpark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
2. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
3. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
4. Who in Act II Scene 1 wants the article limited to the current matter and is not in favor of going after the entire city administration?
5. When was Galileo born?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)