|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
2. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
3. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
4. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
(a) Accuse Tom of lying.
(b) To ignore the report.
(c) Tax the townspeople.
(d) The water is corrected gradually.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
2. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
3. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
4. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
5. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)