|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. President Roosevelt mad the following statement in a press conference; "The elimination of German, Japanese, and Italian war power means the unconditional surrender of Germany, Italy, and Japan." What was Churchill's response?
(a) He disagreed, but amicably.
(b) He agreed, but only after a moment of consideration.
(c) He agreed for the sake of the alliance, but was personally concerned about the repurcussions.
(d) He agreed, but claimed to be suprised by the proclamation.
2. According to the author, what subtle changes had started to become evident in American troops towards the end of 1942?
(a) Complacence and ingratitude.
(b) Political accumen and hard resistence.
(c) Fieldcraft and becoming hard-bitten.
(d) Dispair and persistence.
3. Rommel was rewarded the Field Marshal's Baton for:
(a) A successful Blitskrieg against massed French loyalists in Paris.
(b) Capturing 30,000 British Commonwealth troops in Tobruk, Libya.
(c) Successfully capturing Stalingrad, Russia.
(d) His success in routing French forces from the Suez Canal.
4. Inspired by the quality of the food during the Torch voyage, the 13th Armored Regiment suggested changing their battle cry to what?
(d) "For rations!"
5. The death of Admiral Darlan is considered to have had what effect on the Allies?
Short Answer Questions
1. The average number of deaths per day during the war averaged:
2. Patton's II Corps had reached 88,473 men, the author notes that this is exactly the same size as what other American force?
3. What order threatened the success of Rommel's push on Tebessa?
4. Who was General Nehring replaced by?
5. By January 24th 1943, heavy French casualties and prisoner-of-war-losses prompted what important change of heart in the French command?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)