|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultra was able to intercept a German message that informed them the 21st Panzer Division had been ordered forward and that Sunday was to a-day for an operation by Arnim's Fifth Panzer Army. What vital piece of information was missing that would have better prepared the Allies?
(a) That an unprecidented show of air superiority was also planned.
(b) That the attack force was in fact much larger.
(c) The location of the attack.
(d) That this attack had also been canceled.
2. What events occurred to the disappointment of Hitler around 1941?
(a) The fall of Yugoslavia and Britain's invasion across the English Channel.
(b) Spain's refusal to join the Axis and Italy's invasion of Greece.
(c) Stalin's break from his treaty with Germany and the resulting shortage in fuel reserves.
(d) Mussolini's fondness of French culture and Japan's need for war ships.
3. How many platoons had Eisenhower commanded in battle prior to the start of World War II?
4. What written warning from superiors did Commander Terry Allen burn?
(a) That aircover would not be provided.
(b) That the British planned to outflank him.
(c) That the French should not be considered hostile.
(d) That the French would show resolve in repelling the attack.
5. How was SATIN a change in strategy for the Allies?
(a) It changed the objective from capturing Bizerte & Tunis to destroying Rommel's army.
(b) It placed emphasis on tank battle and resulted in the issuance of thousands of bazookas.
(c) It shifted the focus from a ground battle to an air and naval battle.
(d) It prioritized taking out Sicilian air bases and postponed the push for Tunis.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what significant change occurred in the relationship between the Allies over the course of the campaign?
2. Major Rudolph Barlow's surprise attack on an an Axis airfield discovered outside the city of Djedejida resulted in what?
3. Did morale improve in II Corps under Patten?
4. Why did Ward disagree with the decision to take Sened station?
5. What event did the President of the United States hope the invasion of North Africa would precede?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)