|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the plan for integrating U.S. units into British lead military organizations?
(a) New U.S. troops were sent to England for specialist training.
(b) Units would be on a four week rotation.
(c) Select troops were permanently assigned.
(d) No plan existed.
2. The signal "Advance Napoleon," was issues by Eisenhower which indicated what to the troops readying operation VILLAIN?
(a) To carry out Plan C and expect to be dropped behind enemy lines.
(b) To carry out Plan D and expect a hostile reception by the French.
(c) To carry out Plan B and expect a hostile reception by the French.
(d) To carry out Plan B and expect a docile reception by the French.
3. Rommel was rewarded the Field Marshal's Baton for:
(a) Successfully capturing Stalingrad, Russia.
(b) His success in routing French forces from the Suez Canal.
(c) Capturing 30,000 British Commonwealth troops in Tobruk, Libya.
(d) A successful Blitskrieg against massed French loyalists in Paris.
4. What was operation RESERVIST?
(a) An Allied plan that spread forces across north Tunisia.
(b) A British plan to forestall the sabotage of Oran's port.
(c) A clandestine mission launched by Patton.
(d) A bombing attack from Gibraltar bases on Axis ports in North Africa.
5. Who did the American contingent meet in Cherchel?
(a) General Mast, the French commander of the Vichy army's XIX Corps.
(b) Benito Mussolini, Commander General of the Italian Africorps.
(c) General Henri Giraud, a senior general capable of uniting the French cause.
(d) The Desert Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Allied success in Djedeida in November 1942 lead to what effect?
2. What promise did General Patton make to the President of the United States in the presence of Rear Admiral Hewitt?
3. What was General Everlegh confident would fall before the end of Christmas Day?
4. What was the first town to be captured by the Allies?
5. A British Tommy is quoted as saying:
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)