|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what significant change occurred in the relationship between the Allies over the course of the campaign?
(a) Italy sided with the Allies.
(b) America formed an immediate bond with Britain.
(c) Britain slipped into the role of a junior partner to America.
(d) Vichy France betrayed their agreement with Germany by refusing to fight Americans.
2. What did the German's rename Longstop?
(a) New Year Valley.
(b) Rommel's Pen.
(c) Christmas Hill.
(d) Little Big Horn.
3. What kind of memorial fills the American military cemetery at Carthage to mark the graves of American troops?
(a) Simple marble markers.
(b) One large marble tomb.
(d) Several granite obelisks.
4. The average number of deaths per day during the war averaged:
5. What strategic assessment did Arnim and Rommel agree on?
(a) That the high command should focus on air power first and tank power second.
(b) That a 200 mile long bridgehead could be held without the assistance of Italian troops.
(c) That indecisive Allied commanders would not take the offensive in 1943.
(d) That high command must either provide sufficient supplies to the African armies or they would need to abandon Tunisia althogether.
Short Answer Questions
1. On January 1, 1942, twenty-six countries signed an agreement to forswear any separate peace without mutual concurrence and to make a common cause of "life, liberty independence, and religious freedom, and to preserve the rights of man and justice." This group of nations called themselves:
2. What did General Erich von Wulisch tell General Nogues in his farewell call before escaping Fedala?
3. What knocked Major Robert Moore to the ground at the battle for Lambiridi?
4. What nickname for Eisenhower did the War Department try to suppress?
5. What did Allen determine to do instead of following Colonel Greer's suggestion?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)